2 May 2013Video: Anti-gay group: Homosexuality is ‘three times more dangerous’ than smoking 31 A new video by US anti-gay Christian organisation Faith 2 Action, claims that homosexuality is "more dangerous" than smoking, and attempts to parody a pro-LGBT children's book, by suggesting that accepting same-sex parents is the same as encouraging children to smoke.
2 May 2013Australia: Catholic priest breaks with official teachings to support civil unions 9 A Catholic priest in the Australian Capital Canberra, has departed from the official teachings of the church to say that committed same-sex relationships should be celebrated.
30 April 2013Video: Project launched to ‘eradicate homophobia’ from Christian teachings 22 A new project has been launched in the US, in an attempt to end homophobia in the Christian church, to reform Christian teachings on homosexuality, and to give gay Christians a voice in the church.
30 April 2013Video: ESPN reporter says Jason Collins’ coming out is an ‘open rebellion to God’ 37 A reporter on US television sports channel ESPN, has commented on the coming out of NBA star Jason Collins, to say that he thinks it is an "open rebellion to God", and that "lifestyle", is "a sin".
30 April 2013Sarkozy jabs Hollande’s equal marriage policy in rare speaking appearance 20 While giving a speech in Canada the former French President Nicolas Sarkozy made several oblique jabs at his successor, Francois Hollande, including suggestions that introducing equal marriage during an economic crisis was unwise.
23 April 2013US Radio host: ‘LGBT supporters are misleading millions and homosexuality hurts all of society’ 42 US Radio Host Linda Harvey has again used her radio programme to express her anti-gay stance, saying that "homosexual behaviour hurts all of society", and encouraging listeners to "challenge the acceptance of homosexual behaviour".
16 April 2013Archbishop of Canterbury to discuss gay rights with Peter Tatchell on Thursday 50 The Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, is set to discuss gay rights with Peter Tatchell on Thursday at Lambeth Palace.
13 April 2013Argentina: Catholic priest expelled from church for supporting equal marriage 57 A Catholic priest in Argentina has been expelled from the church following an investigation after he voiced his support for equal marriage in the country.
12 April 2013London: Christian teacher banned after branding gay people ‘disgusting’ in front of class 80 A classroom ban on a Christian school teacher who condemned the “homosexual lifestyle” in front of pupils has been upheld by the High Court.
6 April 2013Lord Carey: I will continue to oppose plans to ‘redefine’ marriage 58 The former Archbishop of Canterbury, Lord George Carey, has said he will continue to oppose plans to "redefine" marriage, and says that doing so does not detract from his support for government policies on ending poverty.
4 April 2013US: Linda Harvey attacks anti-bullying Day of Silence and calls it ‘an abomination’ 41 US Radio Host Linda Harvey, has attacked the US Day of Silence, which stands up against homophobic and transphobic bullying, to say that it is "an abomination".
3 April 2013Fox News Host: ‘There are some indications that Jesus may have been gay’ 64 Fox News Host Don Imus on Wednesday said during his programme that there was "some indication" that "Jesus might be gay", referring to a religious text, but not explaining why he made the claims.
1 April 2013Poll: Catholics less likely to attend church following Cardinal O’Brien scandal 27 A fifth of Catholics say they are less likely to attend church following the resignation of Cardinal Keith O'Brien, who quit following a string of sexual misconduct allegations.
1 April 2013Vice chair of Christians in Parliament urges Lord Carey to focus on global poverty and not on attacking equal marriage 10 Lord Carey has been criticised for his outspoken attack on David Cameron’s commitment to gay equality by Lord Bates, of Christians in Parliament.
31 March 2013Archbishop of Canterbury: The Church of England must be ‘graceful’ in equal marriage row 14 The new Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, has said that the Church of England must remain "graceful" in its internal disagreements around equal marriage.
22 March 2013Christian Legal Centre: High Court anti-gay bus ruling is a victory for Christian freedom 78 The Christian Legal Centre’s Director, Andrea Minichiello Williams, has responded to Friday’s High Court ruling concerning a Transport for London ban on homophobic bus adverts and says it's a “victory” for Christian freedom.
22 March 2013Peter Tatchell: ‘Anti-gay London bus advert ban wrong’ 101 Responding to Friday’s High Court ruling, Peter Tatchell writes that Core Issues Trust should have been allowed to place anti-gay adverts on buses in the capital – in the name of free speech – despite their offensive message.
21 March 2013Video: Pastor says Sodom and Gomorrah was God’s ‘pilot study’ for ‘homosexual society’ 30 An anti-gay US pastor has responded to a question on his internet radio show, to say that the biblical story of Sodom and Gomorrah was meant as God to be a "pilot study", and a way of dealing with "homosexual society".
21 March 2013US: Ohio Methodist Church to launch LGBT-inclusive worship service 1 A Methodist Church in the US state of Ohio is to launch a new worship service in April, which intends to be fully inclusive of the LGBT community, and to welcome those who may have felt unwelcome in other churches.
21 March 2013US: San Francisco bus ads featuring extreme anti-gay quotes get go ahead 70 A series of adverts containing strong anti-gay messages are set to appear on buses in the US city of San Francisco later this month.
Articles about Christian
- Lib Dems’ Baroness Williams to support anti-equal marriage ‘union’ amendment5
- Ex-Telegraph editor Charles Moore: Chief Rabbi wrong not to vote again equal marriage7
- Live blog: Highlights from the House of Lords committee on same-sex marriage4
- US: Knox County to add LGBT protections to hiring procedure+
- David Cameron to discuss Nigeria’s new anti-gay law with country’s politicians and leaders3
- Serbia: Right-wing group promises to spy on new LGBT centre3
- New ‘Gay Marriage No Thanks’ group launches with ‘ten good reasons’ to oppose equal marriage40
- UK: Government to decide on civil partnerships for heterosexuals by winter 20148
- Poland’s only gay MP attacked after Equality Parade1
- House of Lords to resume debate of equal marriage bill5
- New 'Gay Marriage No Thanks' group launches with 'ten good reasons' to oppose equal marriage40
- Ricky Martin: I wish I could come out as gay again, 'it's just beautiful'18
- Maria Miller tables Public Order Act amendment protecting critics of equal marriage51
- New Zealand: Rugby star apologises after tweeting the word 'fag'18
- House of Lords to resume debate of equal marriage bill 5
- Poland's only gay MP attacked after Equality Parade1
- In Photos: As One in the Park 201317
- Live blog: Highlights from the House of Lords committee on same-sex marriage4
- Israel: Debate on same-sex civil unions delayed by Prime Minister9
- Church of Scotland could lose £1 million a year in givings, over gay ordination row14
- Daily Mail's Andrew Pierce: I'm called a 'homophobe' and 'Uncle Tom' for opposing equal marriage103
- Lord Tebbit: I wouldn't have been surprised if Jimmy Savile was homosexual82
- Mixed martial arts fighter: 'Equal marriage could lead to incest, bestiality and child marriages'69
- Baroness Knight: The gays are still good at antiques and Section 28 was right61
- Tory Lord Mawhinney tables 'traditional marriage' amendment for equal marriage bill61
- Lord Hylton tables new wrecking amendment for the equal marriage bill61
- Lord Dear proposes new amendment to equal marriage bill concerning 'traditional marriage'60
- Gay rights opponent Tory MP Edward Leigh knighted in Queen's Birthday Honours list56
- French mayor: 'I will go to the gallows' before performing a same-sex wedding53
- Labour's Clause 20 sex education amendment fails in the Commons51
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage