3 January 2013Catholic gay rights campaigner criticises Archbishop Nichols over ban on gay masses 27 The director of public affairs at gay rights charity Stonewall - who is also a Catholic - has criticised the Archbishop of Westminster Vincent Nichols for banning gay-friendly masses.
1 January 2013Comment: A lesson on equal marriage for the Archbishop of Westminster by a gay teacher 69 Gay teacher Richard Queripel explains in an open letter to the head of the Roman Catholic Church in England and Wales how wrong he is to use the teaching of marriage in schools as an argument against allowing same-sex couples to get married.
31 December 2012Comment: The leadership of the Catholic Church are hate-fuelled bigots 116 In light of today’s dramatic announcement that Pope Benedict XVI intends to step down – let us point you to this PinkNews comment piece by Adrian Tippetts – published at the end of last year about the Catholic Church’s leadership.
30 December 2012Catholic think tank: Same-sex marriage denies children the right to be raised by their parents 50 The Irish Catholic think tank the Iona Institute, has released a video and a document that argues that gay couples should be banned from marrying "for the sake of the children." It also argues that same-sex marriage could lead to children not being brought up by their parents.
29 December 2012Catholic Church: Children will be damaged by gay couples marrying in Britain 188 A letter to be read to worshipers in Roman Catholic Churches across Birmingham will say that the Government has not considered the damage to be done to children by allowing gay couples to marry in England and Wales as well as Scotland.
25 December 2012Cameroon’s Catholic Archbishop: Giving gays equal rights is a ‘crime against humanity’ 62 One of the most senior Catholic leaders in Cameroon has labeled gay equality such as same-sex marriages as a "crime against humanity".
18 November 2012Comment: Coming out as gay at a Catholic high school 32 PinkNews.co.uk reader Andrew Doughty writes about what it's like to be a gay teenager in a British Catholic school in 2012.
16 November 2012US: Catholic Church denies teenager confirmation until he publicly denounces gay equality 104 A teenage Catholic boy has been banned from confirmation after he posted a photograph on Facebook urging people to vote for equal marriage rights.
31 October 2012Plans for same-sex marriage are ‘foolish’ says Tory MP 57 Conservative MP Edward Leigh has once again criticised the government’s policy on equal marriage.
11 October 2012Rick Santorum: Equal marriage would destroy churches, families and ‘disintegrate’ marriage 55 Rick Santorum has joined the campaign against equal marriage in the state of Washington, and has said that if it became a reality, churches and families would be destroyed.
10 October 2012US: 63 ex-Catholic priests in Washington to announce support for equal marriage 6 A group of 63 ex-Catholic priests in the US state of Washington are due to announce their support for Referendum 74, the vote on equal marriage in the state, which will take place next month.
2 October 2012Video: US football star records Catholic video against same-sex marriage 20 The Baltimore Ravens' Matt Birk is reiterating his opposition to equal marriage rights for same-sex couples in a new video for the Minnesota Catholic Conference.
27 September 2012UK: Labour to make equal marriage a whipped vote 30 PinkNews.co.uk understands Labour is likely to whip its MPs when it comes to supporting the government’s policy of equal civil marriage rights for gay couples.
18 September 2012France: Catholic archbishop fails to apologise for equal marriage ‘incest’ remarks 25 The Archbishop of Lyon and Primate of the Gauls, who claimed marriage rights for same-sex couples could lead to incest and polygamy, says his comments to a radio station were misinterpreted, but has stopped short of making an apology.
31 August 2012New Zealand: Churches vow not to officiate same-sex weddings 59 A majority of New Zealand churches have said that they will not officiate same-sex marriages, following news that an equal marriage bill has jumped the first hurdle towards becoming law.
30 August 2012New Government-funded Catholic faith school proudly announce they will not teach any gay ‘nonsense’ 116 A newly-opened faith school in Cornwall has hit back at critics who they claim are seeking to "undermine" them for their anti-LGBT stance.
26 August 2012Scottish Catholic Church: Today we can save marriage from ‘subversion’ by gays 87 The Catholic Church in Scotland has declared today ‘National Marriage Sunday’ and has this morning had a letter read out in 500 Catholic parishes condemning the Scottish government’s plans to legislate for equal same-sex marriage
7 August 2012New Archbishop of Glasgow ‘wishes he never linked MP’s death to being gay’ 92 The Archbishop-elect of Glasgow, Philip Tartaglia, has said he wishes he had 'never alluded' to the death of late gay MP David Cairns being linked to his sexuality when he spoke at a debate on religious freedom.
5 August 2012Catholic Bishop: Government should make incest legal if it really believes in equality 191 A senior Catholic Bishop in Scotland has stunned equal rights campaigners by suggesting that if the Scottish Government truly believed in equality it would make incest and polygamy legal.
30 July 2012Scotland: Catholic Church challenged on reduced gay life expectancy claim 72 The co-convenor of the Scottish Green Party Patrick Harvie MSP has challenged the Scottish Catholic Church to produce evidence for its claim that gay relationships harm life expectancy.
Articles about Catholic
- Pope Francis urges French delegates not to follow ‘fashionable’ ideas+
- UK: Muslim group seeks mosques for all sexualities7
- Bermuda: Anti-discrimination law adopted amid equal marriage controversy1
- Gibraltar LGBT activist awarded OBE in Queen’s Birthday Honours list1
- German Cabinet adopts bill to give gay couples equal tax benefits8
- Gay rights opponent Tory MP Edward Leigh knighted in Queen’s Birthday Honours list25
- Lord Tebbit: I wouldn’t have been surprised if Jimmy Savile was homosexual50
- Mixed martial arts boss to fighter who linked equal marriage to incest: ‘Leave talking to smart people’6
- TV presenter Clare Balding awarded OBE in Queen’s Birthday Honours list5
- Canada: Hockey player apologises after tweeting anti-gay slur about NBA player2
- Lord Tebbit: I wouldn't have been surprised if Jimmy Savile was homosexual50
- Mixed martial arts boss to fighter who linked equal marriage to incest: 'Leave talking to smart people'6
- Despite strong intolerance of gays, Pakistan leads in world for gay porn searches40
- Gay rights opponent Tory MP Edward Leigh knighted in Queen's Birthday Honours list25
- Gay police officer leaves Savile inquiry job in order to take part in Big Brother 13
- Northern Ireland elects first openly gay mayor 5
- French Olympic swimmers pose as 'imaginary gay couple' for anti-homophobia campaign12
- San Francisco: Gay blogger sentenced for taking toilet photo of gay supervisor Scott Wiener 2
- TV presenter Clare Balding awarded OBE in Queen's Birthday Honours list5
- Canada: Hockey player apologises after tweeting anti-gay slur about NBA player2
- Daily Mail's Andrew Pierce: I'm called a 'homophobe' and 'Uncle Tom' for opposing equal marriage102
- Mixed martial arts fighter: 'Equal marriage could lead to incest, bestiality and child marriages'69
- Baroness Knight: The gays are still good at antiques and Section 28 was right61
- Tory Lord Mawhinney tables 'traditional marriage' amendment for equal marriage bill61
- Lord Dear proposes new amendment to equal marriage bill concerning 'traditional marriage'60
- Lord Hylton tables new wrecking amendment for the equal marriage bill60
- French mayor: 'I will go to the gallows' before performing a same-sex wedding53
- Labour's Clause 20 sex education amendment fails in the Commons51
- Pope Francis: There is a 'gay lobby' at the heart of the Vatican 'it exists'50
- Australia: Radio host sacked for asking Prime Minister Julia Gillard if her partner is gay50
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage