28 March 2013US Pastor: Christians will be ‘forced underground’ if Supreme Court allows equal marriage 25 A US pastor has spoken out against equal marriage following the Supreme Court hearings around it, saying if it is allowed, Christians will be "forced underground", and "their buildings will be taken away from them".
28 March 2013TIME magazine unveils equal marriage cover: ‘Gay marriage already won’ 14 The cover of the latest edition of TIME magazine has been revealed, which features an image of same-sex couples kissing, accompanied by the text: "Gay marriage already won".
28 March 2013President Obama: There is a ‘strong basis’ for allowing equal marriage 5 After the US Supreme Court took up two cases around equal marriage this week, President Barack Obama said in an interview that he thought there was a "strong basis" for allowing equal marriage, and the benefits which come with it.
27 March 2013US: Chick-fil-A franchisee gives free chicken to pro-equal marriage demonstrators 20 A Californian owner-operator of a branch of chicken restaurant Chick-fil-A, has given out dozens of free coupons for chicken at a pro-marriage equality rally.
27 March 2013Madonna becomes a billionaire whilst reaffirming support for equal marriage 10 Madonna recently became a billionaire, new reports have suggested, amidst reaffirming her support for equal marriage, and strongly voicing her ongoing support for LGBT rights.
27 March 2013US: Supreme Court indicates it may strike down the Defense of Marriage Act 5 The US Supreme Court Justices on Wednesday indicated a possible interest in striking down the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), as it heard arguments around the issue.
27 March 2013US: Bud Light beer comes out in support of equal marriage 1 As part of a social media campaign to raise awareness and support for equal marriage, US beer company Bud Light, has offered its support to the cause, as the US Supreme Court considers arguments around two cases.
27 March 2013UK: National AIDS Trust calls on London Councils to tackle drug use amongst gay men 7 The UK's National Aids Trust (NAT) has called for urgent action from councils in London to tackle a recent rise in the use of drugs amongst the London gay community.
27 March 2013Fox News hosts: ‘Tony Perkins has no persuasive argument against equal marriage’ 13 Fox News presenters Megyn Kelly and Bill O'Reilly surprised viewers by arguing that those opposed to equal marriage, including Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council, had no strong arguments against it.
27 March 2013US: Supreme Court takes on arguments around the Defense of Marriage Act 4 In a second day of landmark hearings, the US Supreme Court is to take on arguments around the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), which bans equal marriage across the US.
27 March 2013US: Hundreds of thousands take to social media to support equal marriage 7 Thousands of social media users have taken to Facebook and Twitter, to change their profile pictures to an altered version of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) logo, in support of equal marriage.
27 March 2013Brendon Ayanbadejo: A baseball player will come out of the closet before an NFL player + Super Bowl Champion Brendon Ayanbadejo, has said that he thinks it is more likely that a baseball player will come out sooner than anyone in the NFL.
27 March 2013Beyoncé and Madonna come out in support of equal marriage 4 Beyoncé has joined thousands online in showing her support for equal marriage on her Facebook page, on the first day that the US Supreme Court has taken on two cases challenging same-sex marriage bans.
27 March 2013US: Representative plants rainbow flag at Congress to support equal marriage + On the first day of arguments around two cases around equal marriage at the US Supreme Court, an Orange Country Representative has flown the rainbow flag to show his support for marriage equality.
26 March 2013US: Supreme Court justices question proponents of Proposition 8 12 In today's Supreme Court hearing around Proposition 8, the state of California's ban on equal marriage, the justices questioned the meaning of marriage, and challenged arguments for the ban.
26 March 2013Tony Perkins: Supreme Court ruling in favour of equal marriage could mean ‘revolution’ 38 Tony Perkins, the president of the anti-gay Family Research Council has claimed that the US Supreme Court ruling in favour of equal marriage could lead to "revolution".
26 March 2013Survey: 53% of Albanians think gay people ‘should not be free to live life as they wish’ 32 The results of the European Social Survey (ESS), due to be published today, suggest that Albania is the most homophobic society of the countries surveyed.
26 March 2013US conservative women’s group: Starbucks discriminates against straight people by supporting gay rights 82 A conservative women's group in the US has published a scathing article about coffee chain Starbucks, and the company's support for equal marriage, suggesting that it discriminates against straight people by doing so.
26 March 2013Australia: Thousands sign petition to keep rainbow pedestrian crossing in Sydney 2 Over 12,000 people have signed a petition urging the government of New South Wales to keep a rainbow pedestrian crossing which was painted in central Sydney this year to celebrate Mardi Gras.
25 March 2013Rapper A$AP Rocky: ‘It’s crazy’ that homosexuality is even an issue in hip-hop 12 Rapper A$AP Rocky has spoken out about homosexuality in the music industry, and said that "it's crazy" that it is still an issue.
Articles by Joseph Patrick McCormick
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’9
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members+
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder8
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’+
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’5
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote13
- Sir Gerald Howarth: ‘I should have used ‘militant’ rather than ‘aggressive’ to describe the ‘homosexuality community’37
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill — Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends ‘aggressive homosexual community’ equal marriage slur59
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 59
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'37
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years24
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur59
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage