17 June 2012Anglican Mainstream: Gays marrying will lead to children being taught about ‘eating human faeces’ 180 Writing about her letter to her MP, Dr Lisa Nolland, lay minister and blogger for Anglican Mainstream, has claimed that legalising same-sex marriage will lead to children being taught risky sexual practises in school, including "eating human faeces".
16 June 2012Home Office Minister Nick Herbert: Churches should be allowed to marry gay couples 39 Nick Herbert the Minister for Policing at the Home Office and Ministry of Justice has said that churches that wish to solemnise marriages of gay couples should be allowed to do so. He said the Church of England's current position has made him feel “distant” from his own faith.
14 June 2012Apple adds gay couples to emoji icons for iPhones and iPads in iOS6 18 Apple has continued to associate itself with LGBT people with the introduction of same-sex couple related icons or emojis for the next version of its iPhone and iPad operating system, iOS 6.
14 June 2012Exclusive: Home Office website makes equal marriage consultation appear to have closed 24 hours early 29 The Home Office webpage that used to introduce visitors to the Government's proposals to introduce same sex marriage has been 'archived' and placed into the National Archive during the consultation period and more than 24 hours earlier than had been planned.
27 May 2012Video: 80s gay icon Sinitta comes @Out4Marriage for gay couples everywhere 25 Joining a growing number of public figures, the American singer, ex-girlfriend of both Simon Cowell and Brad Pitt, and sometime X-Factor judge is the latest celebrity to film a video for the Out4Marriage.org campaign, which calls for global equal marriage for gay couples.
25 May 2012Video: Jack Straw backs Home Secretary Theresa May by coming @Out4Marriage 13 The former Labour Home, Justice and Foreign Secretary, Jack Straw, has become the latest senior politician to join the cross party Out4Marriage campaign for gay couples to be allowed to marry. Yesterday, Home Secretary Theresa May recorded an Out4Marriage video where she made clear her personal commitment for gay couples to be allowed to marry.
17 May 2012Green leader Caroline Lucas calls for ‘legislation not consultation’ in her @Out4Marriage video 9 Caroline Lucas, MP for Brighton Pavilion and the leader of the Green Party has become the first party leader to publish their Out4Marriage video. Ms Lucas called on the Government to "legislate not consulate" and echoed calls made yesterday by the Labour MEP Peter Cashman for straight couples to be allowed to have civil partnerships should they wish
17 May 2012Tory MP who called gay marriage ‘completely nuts’ ejected from two Parliamentary committees 44 Peter Bone, one of the most outspoken Conservative party critics of the Government's plans for same sex marriage equality, has lost his place on two influential House of Commons committees.
16 May 2012Ex-EastEnders star and Stonewall founder Michael Cashman first MEP to come @Out4Marriage 10 Michael Cashman has become the first member of the European Parliament to join the Out4Marriage campaign. The former star of British soap opera EastEnders says that equality should also mean that straight couples should be entitled to hold civil partnerships should they wish, something that the Government is not currently proposing.
15 May 2012Will Smith comes out for marriage for gay couples to support Obama 51 Men in Black 3 star Will Smith has said that the debate about wether gay couples can marry is all about “about semantics."
15 May 2012Obama: Extending marriage to gay couples will ‘strengthen families’ 48 President Barack Obama has continued to speak out in favour of equal marriage while attending a celebrity laden fund-raiser in New York. After being introduced by openly gay star Ricky Martin, President Obama said: that all people are "equal in terms of dignity and in terms of respect."
13 May 2012Tory MP Craig Whittaker continues to argue that letting gays marry could lead to three-ways or polygamy 79 Consecrative MP for Caulder Valley, Craig Whittaker says he worries that changing the law to allow gay couples to marry could lead to legalisation recognising three-way relationships or polygamy.
9 May 2012North Carolina voters pass Amendment One to ban gay marriage, civil unions and domestic partnerships 211 Voters in North Carolina have approved Amendment One, which introduces a constitutional ban on gay marriages and outlaws even civil unions. The amendment reads: “Marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this State.”
9 May 2012Poll suggests gay voters feel more favourable towards Tories after Cameron’s marriage promises 29 According to the PinkNews.co.uk voters panel, an invited group of readers representing the LGBT population, LGBT people feel more favourably towards the Conservative Party following the pledge by prime minister David Cameron to introduce marriage equality, although they might not necessarily vote for him. Panel members also felt that straight couples should be offered civil partnerships post marriage equality or the entire civil partnerships system should be abolished.
8 May 2012Video: PinkNews.co.uk founder Benjamin Cohen’s Grandparents come @Out4Marriage 19 PinkNews founder Benjamin Cohen's Grandparents say "We think the law should be changed so to allow gays or straights to be married with the same rights as a straight couple" as they come Out4Marriage.
8 May 2012Video: Groundbreaking global campaign for marriage equality, Out4Marriage launched 78 A new cross party and cross media campaign, Out4Marriage.org, to support changing the law to allow gay couples to marry has launched to help spread the message that most people in Britain and indeed the Western world, are happy to "come Out4Marriage".
6 May 2012Tory MP Nadine Dorries: ‘I’ve never met a gay couple that wants to marry, so bin the policy’ 313 Following a tirade against the prime minister in the Daily Mail, Conservative MP Nadine Dorries has stuck the boot into his pledge to introduce equal civil marriage for gay couples before the next election. She suggests that most gay people don't support changing the law.
6 May 2012Video: US Vice President Joe Biden supports marriage for gay couples 35 US Vice President Joe Biden has told 'Meet the Press' that he "absolutely comfortable" with gay couples marrying. He credits the television programme Will and Grace on evolving many American's attitudes to homosexuality.
3 May 2012London Evening Standard comes out for equal marriage 34 Following comments made by the Prime Minister David Cameron where he reaffirmed his commitment to same sex civil marriage equality, the London Evening Standard has joined The Times and other newspapers in backing a change in the law.
2 May 2012David Cameron: ‘The time has come for gay couples to marry’ 116 Following claims by the Mail on Sunday that the Tory Chief Whip, Patrick McLoughlin told MPs that proposals for equal marriage will be "kicked into the long grass", the Prime Minister has used a pre-local election interview to reaffirm his commitment to the cause.
Articles by James Park
- Comment: How God Hates Fags and its friends like Linda Harvey further gay rights12
- Lesbian drama tipped for top prize at Cannes film festival1
- Blackburn Rovers footballer charged with making a homophobic gesture at Brighton fans+
- French anti-equal marriage leader pulls out of rally for fear of violence6
- UK: Police criticised after gay killer escapes from prison and ends up in gay bar+
- Brighton: Footballers cleared of sexual assault as woman lied about being drugged at gay pride+
- UK: Card Factory accused of homophobia for selling offensive ‘fag’ birthday card63
- US Pastor: Why I support Jason Collins’ decision to come out as gay+
- Petition urges Google search engine results to stop automatically linking ‘gayest’ with ‘worst’2
- Nick Clegg and Francis Maude agree to fly rainbow flag from Cabinet Office for Pride week6
- UK: Card Factory accused of homophobia for selling offensive 'fag' birthday card63
- Question Time: Ian Paisley Jr defends saying he was 'repulsed' by gays and lesbians45
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins58
- Governor Rick Perry: 'I am greatly disappointed' that the Boy Scouts will allow gay members20
- Video: Book published to teach children to pray to Jesus for gay people to turn straight33
- Florida: Lesbian teen expelled from school and charged over same-sex relationship23
- Australia: Man who stalked footballer and talked of 'gay orgy' jailed 1
- Lib Dem MP Gordon Birtwistle defends voting against equal marriage 37
- Video: Teenager gets kicked out of Boy Scouts for being gay7
- US: Boy Scouts of America lifts national ban on gay youth members13
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'95
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur65
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people63
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote63
- UK: Card Factory accused of homophobia for selling offensive 'fag' birthday card63
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage