19 October 2010Gay Saudi prince guilty of murdering servant 20 A Gay Saudi prince has been found guilty of murdering his servant in a London hotel room. Saud Abdulaziz bin Nasser al Saud, 34, had beaten and strangled Bandar Abdulaziz, 32, after a campaign of "sadistic" abuse.
18 October 2010Senate candidate Ken Buck says being gay is a choice 36 A Colorado candidate for a US Senate seat has said that being gay is a choice and is similar to alcoholism. Republican Ken Buck, who is a Tea Party candidate, won the GOP nomination.
18 October 2010US gay soldiers warned not to come out yet 4 The Pentagon has warned gay US troops not to declare their sexual orientation just yet. Despite complying with a court order suspending the firings of gay troops, the Pentagon has said that soldiers who do come out while the law is uncertain may still face punishment.
18 October 2010David Laws ‘wants to return to frontline politics’ 21 Liberal Democrat MP David Laws has hinted that he is keen to return to government. The politician resigned as chief secretary to the Treasury last May after just 16 days in the job.
15 October 2010Obama seeks stay on gay military ban judgment but promises policy will end 16 US president Barack Obama promised yesterday that he would end Don't Ask, Don't Tell. At the same time, his administration filed an application to stay a court judgment ordering an immediate end to the policy.
13 October 2010US defence secretary says Congress, not court, should repeal military gay ban 5 US defence secretary Robert Gates has said that Congress, rather than a court, should lift the ban on out gay soldiers in the military. Yesterday, a federal judge issued an injunction for an immediate end to the policy but Mr Gates said that this could have "enormous consequences".
13 October 2010Tenth suspect arrested over New York homophobic beatings + A tenth suspect was arrested yesterday in connection with a homophobic attack on three men in New York. Police believe that the attack took place after gang members suspected that a new recruit was gay.
13 October 2010Gavin Rossdale says gay relationship was ‘experimentation’ 29 Bush singer Gavin Rossdale has said he had a gay relationship with 80s star Marilyn. Both had denied the claims in 1995, when Boy George said the pair were former lovers.
13 October 2010BBC3 lesbian drama Lip Service opens with nearly 600,000 viewers 16 Lip Service, the new lesbian drama on BBC3, opened with 580,000 viewers last night, a 4.4 per cent audience share. The drama, dubbed the 'British L Word', was described by the BBC as "a bold new drama . . . about the sex lives and love affairs of twenty-something lesbians living in contemporary Glasgow".
12 October 2010Jane Lynch, Colin Firth and Martina Navratilova shortlisted for Stonewall awards 23 Gay charity Stonewall has announced the celebrity nominees for its annual awards. The yearly event, to be held on November 4th in central London, celebrates positive contributions to LGB life by celebrities and other public figures.
8 October 2010Much-loved Cardiff gay pub under threat 4 Cardiff's gay community are engaged in a campaign to save a pub in central Cardiff which is being threatened by gentrification.
6 October 2010Texas vigil for 13-year-old homophobic bullying victim 2 A vigil was held in Texas, US, yesterday for 13-year-old Asher Brown, who killed himself last week after suffering anti-gay bullying. The student shot himself just hours after telling his step-father he was gay on September 23rd.
6 October 2010Saudi prince ‘was not in gay relationship with servant’ + The Saudi prince accused of killing his servant in a London hotel was not in a gay relationship with him, his lawyer said. Saud Abdulaziz bin Nasser al Saud, 34, was accused of murdering Bandar Abdulaziz, 32, in a "sexually-motivated" attack last February.
6 October 2010Student accused over gay suicide is ‘innocent’ + One of the Rutgers students accused of broadcasting images of gay teenager Tyler Clementi having sex is innocent, her lawyers say. Molly Wei, 18, was arrested last week alongside Dharun Ravi, also 18.
6 October 2010Senator asked to apologise for saying gay people and unmarried mothers shouldn’t teach 52 A US Senator has been asked to apologise for saying gay people and unmarried pregnant women should be barred from teaching. Jim DeMint made the remarks in 2004 during a televised debate and reiterated them last week.
6 October 2010Glee ‘to highlight gay suicides’ 5 Gay-friendly US comedy Glee will reportedly dedicate an episode to the issue of LGBT suicides. After the reported deaths of five US teenagers who were gay or thought to be gay, the show's makers want to highlight how homophobic bullying can change lives.
5 October 2010Gay Saudi prince ‘strangled servant in sexual killing’ + A gay Saudi prince has been accused of killing his servant in a London hotel room. Saud Abdulaziz bin Nasser al Saud, 34, was accused of murdering Bandar Abdulaziz, 32, in a "sexually-motivated" attack last February.
5 October 2010Gay skydiving instructor sues after being sacked for ‘groping woman’ 10 A gay skydiving instructor is suing his company after he was sacked for allegedly groping a young female student. Donald Zarda, 40, says there is "no way" the alleged incident could have happened because he is "100 per cent gay".
5 October 2010‘Homophobic’ attack at New York’s Stonewall Inn + Two men were arrested on Sunday evening after a man was beaten in a "homophobic" attack in the Stonewall Inn in New York. The pub is a symbol of the birth of the gay rights movement after patrons staged protests in 1969 against police raids.
5 October 2010Hong Kong trans woman barred from marrying boyfriend 4 A trans woman in Hong Kong has been barred from marrying her boyfriend. The woman, known only as 'W', was born male and transitioned several years ago. However, she is barred under city law from changing her birth certificate to female, meaning she has been unable to marry.
Articles by PinkNews.co.uk Staff Writer
- UK: Ugandan rapist who claimed he was at risk of homophobic persecution deported1
- Florida: Lesbian teen expelled from school and charged over same-sex relationship7
- US: LGBT activists protests against removal of gay protections from immigration reform bill+
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but we don’t do them15
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members1
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder15
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’1
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’9
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote15
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people52
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 62
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'48
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder15
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur62
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage