8 June 2011Republican congresswoman Vicky Hartzler compares gay marriage to incest and paedophilia 194 A secret recording has emerged on YouTube in which Missouri congresswoman Vicky Hartzler is seen comparing gay marriage to incest, paedophilia and allowing three-year-olds to drive.
7 June 2011‘Gay girl in Damascus’ blogger feared kidnapped 12 Relatives of Amina Abdallah, author of the "Gay Girl in Damascus" blog, say she has been abducted.
7 June 2011Trans prisoner files lawsuit after botched self-castration attempt 21 A trans inmate in a Virginia prison has filed a federal lawsuit months after a botched attempt at self-castration, claiming the state failed her because of its refusal to provide a sex-change operation.
7 June 2011Pope preaches against ‘secularisation’ and gay marriage to Croatian Roman Catholics 158 Pope Benedict warned Roman Catholics in Croatia on Sunday of the "disintegrating" traditional family in Europe and blaming "secularisation", among other issues.
7 June 2011Unitarian minister in Kentucky refuses to sign marriage licences until gay couples are given marriage equality 64 A Unitarian minister in Kentucky has pledged that she will not sign any more marriage licences until the state makes same-sex marriages legal.
7 June 2011Natalie Portman joins gay marriage equality campaign 7 Natalie Portman and her fiancé, Benjamin Millepied, have joined Freedom to Marry’s "I Do" campaign, which was launched in March and urges President Barack Obama to support full gay marriage equality.
7 June 2011US high school survey findings conclude that LGBT teens are exceptionally prone to ‘risky behaviour’ 24 A report released in the US yesterday found that LGBT teens are more likely to engage in "risky behaviour" including smoking, drinking alcohol and carrying guns, than their heterosexual counterparts.
7 June 2011Policeman and former Mr Gay UK denies sex offence charges as trial continues + A police constable who won the Mr Gay UK title in 2006 was in court yesterday accused of raping a man in a Leeds hotel.
7 June 2011Amnesty fights for Cameroonian man jailed for three years on charges of being gay 35 Thousands of Amnesty International supporters are appealing to the authorities in Cameroon for the immediate release of a man jailed for charges of "homosexuality and attempted homosexuality".
6 June 2011Israeli Knesset Speaker angers orthodox Jews over involvement in Gay Pride Month 61 Reuven Rivlin the Speaker (presiding officer) of the Knesset - the Israeli parliament - has angered conservative Jewish Knesset Members (MKs) over his plans to meet with leaders of the gay community in Israel in honor of Gay Pride Month.
6 June 2011BFI has footage of first known male-to-male television kiss – featuring Sean Connery 33 TV researchers at the British Film Institute (BFI) have revealed they have footage of what is believed to be the first male-to-male kiss on UK television featuring Sean Connery.
6 June 2011Homophobic New York senator’s lesbian granddaughter speaks out 74 The lesbian granddaughter of the homophobic New York State senator Ruben Diaz Sr. has taken a public stand against her grandfather's opinions.
6 June 2011Lesbian couple successfully dodge French gay marriage ban 24 Two French women successfully circumvented France's same-sex marriage ban on Saturday owing to the fact that one half of the couple is still classed as a man - in the legal sense only.
6 June 2011Westboro baptist homophobes stage protest at national basketball finals in Dallas 28 Members of the Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church yesterday protested outside the National Basketball Association (NBA) finals in Dallas, Texas, over the NBA's new policy on hurtful language toward LGBT people.
6 June 2011Gay men verbally abused through PA system by Trafalgar Square busker 305 Two gay men were verbally abused by a busker using a PA system in Trafalgar Square last week.
6 June 2011Scottish government pledge to begin ‘process of consultation’ on gay marriage 41 The newly elected Scottish Government, led by Alex Salmond's Scottish National Party, have said they will begin a consultation on same-sex marriage.
6 June 2011Scout Association unveils plans to attract more gay members and leaders 44 The Scout Association has revealed plans to increase its amount of gay members and leaders.
3 June 2011Married gay couples in Nova Scotia can now obtain a blessing from Anglican church 6 Legally partnered same-sex couples in Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, Canada, can now obtain a blessing from the country's Anglican Church.
3 June 2011Human Rights Watch urge residents of Liechtenstein to vote ‘yes’ in referendum over gay partnerships 32 Human Rights Watch have said that the people of Liechtenstein should vote "yes" in this month's referendum on whether their parliament should proceed to legalise same-sex partnerships.
3 June 2011White House launches LGBT website 61 The White House has launched a website aimed specifically at LGBT people and highlighting President Obama’s ongoing support of and commitment to the LGBT community.
Articles by Christopher Brocklebank
- UK: Ugandan rapist who claimed he was at risk of homophobic persecution deported+
- Florida: Lesbian teen expelled from school and charged over same-sex relationship1
- US: LGBT activists protests against removal of gay protections from immigration reform bill+
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’12
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members1
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder14
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’1
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’9
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote14
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 60
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'42
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years24
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur60
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage