15 August 2008Interview: Rhona Cameron 2 Being a stand-up comedienne and author is hard work. PinkNews.co.uk finds Rhona Cameron suffering from a serious case of press fatigue, having an entire day of interviews both behind and ahead of her.
15 August 2008LGBT police consultation group under threat 3 Aurora, Corydon's LGBT police consultation group, is facing closure due to a lack of local support. The group, which works to represent LGBT issues to the Croydon Police Community Group, will hold a meeting on 9th September, at which a motion to close it will be debated.
15 August 2008Family of Lawrence King blame death on school dress code 15 The family of a gay student who was shot in class blames his death partially on the school district for not enforcing the school dress code.
15 August 2008Canadian found guilty of child abuse 1 A Canadian man has been convicted for abusing a teenage boy in Thailand. Christopher Neil, a 32-year-old schoolteacher, was sentenced to three years and three months in prison and fined 60,000 baht (£954).
15 August 2008HIV infection from gay blood donors likely once every two centuries, lawyer claims 4 The Anti-Discrimination Tribunal against the Australian Red Cross' ban on gay blood donation heard today that HIV-infected blood from a gay man was likely to slip through screening only once in 197 years.
14 August 2008Teenager accused of trans woman murder found innocent 4 The 18-year-old accused of strangling transsexual Kellie Telesford was found not guilty today. Shanniel Hyatt, 18, stood accused of killing the 39-year-old pre-op trans woman with a scarf after a date in Norbury, reports the Croydon Guardian.
14 August 2008U.S. Representatives draft call for gay rights + Tammy Baldwin, U.S. Representative for Wisconsin, yesterday claimed that the Democratic platform will contain an 'historic' rally for gay rights.
14 August 2008Gay sex becomes legal in Panama 4 President Martin Torrijos Espino has decriminalised gay sex in Panama. On 29th July, President Espino and Health Minister Rosario E. Turner signed a decree repealing a 1949 law that made gay sex an illegal offence that would incur a $500 (£266) fine or a prison sentence.
14 August 2008LGBT Health Summit to be held in Bristol + On 4th and 5th September this year, Terrence Higgins Trust and Equality South West will host the third annual LGBT Health Summit.
14 August 2008Gay bishop calls Sydney diocese ‘bigoted’ 2 The only openly gay Anglican bishop Gene Robinson has spoken out against the Archbishopric of Sydney. Robinson, bishop of New Hampshire, accused Archbishop Dr Peter Jensen and his diocese of intolerance in an interview with Australian magazine SX.
14 August 2008Interview: James Graham, ‘Tory Boyz’ + 'I am a politics and history geek,' says James Graham, 'That's not a cool thing to be at 26!' Well, perhaps it isn't, but an award-winning play and screenwriter with a host of acclaimed productions and TV series under his belt certainly IS a cool thing to be at 26.
14 August 2008Mr Gay UK 1993 faces murder charges + The winner of Mr Gay UK 1993 will appear in court today charged with the murder of Damian Oldfield
14 August 2008Anti-homophobic bullying legislation introduced to New York Senate + Ten New York Republican Senators have introduced legislation to the State Senate that will ban homophobic bullying in schools.
14 August 2008Government will not reprimand ‘gay cure’ MP 34 The government has responded to a petition on its official website by members of the public offended by Iris Robinson's comments on homosexuality.
14 August 2008Expert claims old blood is riskier than blood donated by gay men + An expert witness in the Anti Discrimination Tribunal regarding gay blood donation in Tasmania claims that blood over 14 days old is far more dangerous than blood from gay donors.
13 August 2008Israeli professor indicted for incitement to anti-gay violence 1 Hilleil Weiss, a Bar-llan university professor, has been indicted for public homophobic remarks made regarding Jerusalem Pride 2005.
13 August 2008Gaydar assistance sees man charged for fraud 2 Gay social networking site Gaydar has assisted in a Metropolitan Police fraud investigation. The investigation was carried out by the Southward Police LGBT Liaison Officer and detectives from the Community Safety Unit.
13 August 2008Gay man expected to become Congressman + Jared Polis is expected by the Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund to become the first ever out gay man elected to the U.S. Congress as a non-incumbent.
13 August 2008Under 1% of HIV spending focused on gay men 3 Less than 1% of HIV/AIDS prevention spending targets gay and bisexual men worldwide. Research by UNAIDS from 2006, the most recent data available, shows that only a tiny fraction of the $669 million (£352 million) spent globally on prevention services is aimed at men who have sex with men.
13 August 2008“Gay cure” MP’s psychiatrist adviser resigns 16 Dr. Paul Miller, psychiatrist and part-time adviser to Ulster Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) MP Irish Robinson, has resigned from her employment, reports the Irish News.
Articles by Rachel Charman
- UK: Ugandan rapist who claimed he was at risk of homophobic persecution deported1
- Florida: Lesbian teen expelled from school and charged over same-sex relationship7
- US: LGBT activists protests against removal of gay protections from immigration reform bill+
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but we don’t do them15
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members1
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder15
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’1
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’9
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote15
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people52
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 62
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'48
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder15
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur62
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage