A Few Words on Voter Suppression
Posted on November 5, 2008
Filed Under Gay News Blog
The Obama campaign put out a video yesterday on voter suppression called “Making it Count: How to Protect Your Vote & Spot Dirty Tricks.” This is sure to be an issue over the next 48 hours. Also, MSNBC spoke to Election Protect’s Barbara Arnwire about voter suppression issues.
· Broward County leads Florida in voter requests for assistance.
· Registration-related problems rank #1 in nearly every battleground state – hundreds of calls focus on that problem, most often in Texas, New York, New Jersey, Georgia, Florida, Colorado, and California
· Georgia voters are reporting more incidents of voter intimidation than any other state. Other reports of voter intimidation, scams or misinformation are also emerging in Ohio and Missouri.
· Florida voters rank #1 in requests related to criminal status and voting.
· Early voting problems are also being noticed particularly in Ohio, Missouri, Georgia, Florida and California.
And MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow offered her thoughts on what she calls “The New Poll Tax” – namely, long voting lines. Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP…
This posting was automatically generated from a feed from Gay News Blog Read more….Record turnout expected
On being a trans-gender voter
Officials: FBI investigates ACORN for voter fraud
Intensity grows as election looms
Voter confusion abounds