NHS trust confirms plan to replace surgeon responsible for majority of UK gender reassignment work

1. That’s interesting. What I heard was that James had been asking the trust for some years to give him someone to train up. Appropriately trained surgeons are not that common…I can’t imagine that we don’t who they all are, so it is a puzzle why the trust is so coy about a name. Unless they haven’t actually heeded the warnings

1. Hodge Podge 1 Feb, 12:33pm

I’ve been told that the two of them spent a lot of time training someone up… who then went to work in Sweden because he would get paid more.

1. Andrea B 1 Feb, 11:36pm

Doubt he would get more in Sweden. A salary drop would occur there.

1. nessa76 2 Feb, 11:01pm

Well it could be either, gets paid more or less in Sweden Andrea B. I just feel sorry for the poor souls that might have to wait longer to get GRS. I hope it gets sorted soon for them.

2. At a recent meeting with Mr Thomas I heard that he was training a surgeon at Brighton Nuffield Hospital.

2. I do hope the new one can do a good job… kind of worried..

1. nessa76 2 Feb, 11:08pm

Well with James Bellringer being the leading surgeon here in the UK, hopefully he wouldn’t let the new surgeon that he trained up work until he was totally happy with his work.

3. Jane Chaplin 1 Feb, 9:09pm

I very much agree with Sarah’s comment – hopefully this change will not disrupt service available through Charing Cross.

4. nessa76 2 Feb, 2:44am

I wonder myself who the new surgeon will be. Hodge Podge, well if that’s true that he went to Sweden because he gets paid more. Better that he’s not at Charring Cross then, sounds like he’s only in it for the money.

5. Elaine 3 Feb, 5:09pm

Who ever replaces Bellringer can not be any worse than Tim Terry used to be,,He was the worst surgeon the NHS ever employed ,
    I know from personal experience and so did many more ,only one step down from a high street butcher .
    Thankfully he got the push before he caused any more destruction

1. nessa76 3 Feb, 10:10pm

Elaine, i just had a look at T terry’s vaginoplasty results. They look horrific, no offense. They don’t even resemble a vagina, although every vagina looks different.

1. nessa76 3 Feb, 10:19pm

I can’t understand why i’ve been given negative thumbs down. I don’t feel like i’ve said anything negative, harmful or whatever. Oh well, might be from a troll LOL