Protesters egg home of UKIP ‘gay marriage caused storms’ councillor

1. D.McCabe 31 Jan, 4:32pm

I don’t like what he said or indeed like this man as much as the next person.

However, who ever was responsible for this is not doing the LGBT community any good at all.

1. It might not be someone from the LGBT community. Maybe it’s someone trying to frame us for being egg throwing flag hanging terrorists – I doubt any LGBT terrorist organisations have accepted responsibility – because there aren’t any.

Personally I think that gay people are too nice when it comes to issues of equality. Maybe that’s why we’re still murdered, tortured and put in prison in so many places in the World just for being gay, we’re just too nice.

1. Too nice, or too wussy ?

1. Deffo too nice. Gay men are not wussy – we’re not weak and deffo not timid. I’ve seen too many gay men and fierce lesbians sticking up for themselves when they’re attacked. But, a gay riot usually involves music, dancing and a party (and maybe a few eggs and a flag), not violence and murder like heterosexual riots. If the World were controlled by gay people, it would be peaceful – but there will never be peace as long as heteros are in charge – its not in their nature, they say stupid things like – bad weather is cause by homosexuals, or, god says you shouldn’t do that and we’ll kill you if you do, without actually showing anyone who this god person is – and what’s more stupid is, other heterosexuals believe them!!!

1. Bear in mind there’s an alarming incidence of domestic violence amongst gay and lesbian couples. Hence the recent campaigns to get abused partners to seek help.

2. I’d LIKE to think you’re right. I wish you were. And I think you ARE right about certain gay individuals. But (assuming this vandalism isn’t a hoax), it’s the perfect example of gay activists attacking a safe target. If they’d physically attacked those homophobic Somali immigrant protestors I’d be more impressed. (In NYC it’s the same. Gays only attack safe targets. They NEVER protest the homophobic West Indies day parade in Brooklyn).

3. BTW : I don’t think gays would be WORSE rulers than straights, but….historically-speaking : Nero…Caligula….Hipparchus…Elizabeth Bathory…….(even those Kray brothers). We had our tyrants too.

4. Mark Y 1 Feb, 6:23pm

Eddy, I was giving a stupid response to a stupid question from MJ. In reality, I think everyone is as bad and good as one another – gay, straight, black, white, christian, atheist.

2. D.McCabe 31 Jan, 9:03pm

I’m aware of that, I didn’t accuse any on from the LGBT community. I said who ever it was is not doing us any favours

2. Mike UK 31 Jan, 4:51pm

This is the wrong way to ‘protest’ against his outrageous remarks. Mock and Ridicule is the best tool to use against bigotry.’
    Egging’ his house isn’t the right way to go about it.

3. Flapjack 31 Jan, 4:58pm

A pointless gesture. At best they’re preaching to the choir with actions like that. At worst they’re just handing Silvester ammunition to paint himself as the ‘real victim’ of the ‘gay mafia’.

It’s far more effective to higlight the obvious fallacies in his nutty as squirrel-shit claim that god makes it flood when he gets in a snit with teh gays.

He’s quite capable of making himself look ridiculous without anyone resorting to egg throwing. Even Farage wouldn’t back him up.
    Save the anger for those who have actual influence.

4. Flapjack 31 Jan, 5:05pm

It’s far more effective to highlight the obvious fallacies in his claim that god makes it flood when he gets in a snit with teh gays.

He’s quite capable of making himself look ridiculous without anyone resorting to egg throwing. Even Farage was embarrassed.
    Save the anger for people who have real influence.

5. “This is pointless behaviour and not the type of activity that is going to be taken seriously in a sensitive debate of this kind.” – I don’t see how there’s a “sensitive debate”, just a bigoted moron making comments and people reacting to said comments in a fitting manner. Nice attempt at legitimising his drivel though, Inspector.

6. He probably did it himself.

7. Michael Chapman-Johns 31 Jan, 5:27pm

Egging his house achieves nothing….. It baffles me how someone with this level of education say something so stupid in the first place.

8. I don’t see what the problem is, the guy deserves more than getting his house egged, I mean he is in UKIP.

And don’t think the people who egged him were liberal gay rights activists, waving a rainbow flag who happened to have eggs, don’t forget this guy has pissed off a lot of other groups to such as militant anti-fascists such as myself.

1. Teessider 3 Feb, 3:18pm

Bob you say and I quote ‘this guy has pissed off a lot of other groups to such as militant anti-fascists such as myself’ – What about the anti fascists who threw bottle of urine at a child in Brighton? What about the elderly who were spat at and almost pushed over by UAF members in Brighton at a UKIP meeting? When the EDL came to Middlesbrough the anti EDL groups all claiming to be anti-fascists ran through the town banging on shop windows shouting abuse at people and basically acting like animals – What about the anti-fascists who shout at me regularly and call me racist and anti gay they are filled with so much hatred it is unreal one of my orthodox Jewish friends has experienced a lot of antisemitism from the so called UAF pretending to be anti-fascists more like Unite Against Freedom!!
      I did not see the so called anti-fascists making a stand against the Rochdale deputy Mayor who shouted anti gay abuse at another Cllr in the street. Why might we as,k because he was Labour.

9. Glasgow Oliver 31 Jan, 9:03pm

Completely uncalled for. This makes look like villains. Not to mention it’s a waste of good food.

10. We should rise above people like him and aim for a higher ground… A higher ground politically and a higher ground to avoid the floodwaters we caused ; )

11. Erica Cook 1 Feb, 1:11am

Petition, good. Getting “It’s raining men” onto the top 10 wonderful. Giving him a rainbow flag, juvenile, but still good. Throwing eggs at him? No. Really, that’s too far. The rest is a real show of something, the flag will likely just annoy him, but the eggs are unnecessary.

12. soapbubblequeen 1 Feb, 5:50pm

As much as we might want to throw eggs at him, or deliver a stinging bitch slap, it’s not the best tactic to defeat these fools is it? In fact, we don’t need to do very much at all. They seem to be doing a fine job of digging their own political grave with their absurd and ignorant remarks.

13. David Skinner 4 Feb, 3:43pm

This is the true of face sodommadensim . If you cannot persuade the population that is a violation of the natural order you resort to abuse, intimidation and eventually violence. Sodhimmitude is the mirror image of Islamic dhimmitude. Another word for is gayfascism