US bishop: Gays should be ‘disciplined like children’ if they try to marry each other

1. Mike UK 29 Jan, 7:12pm

I’d like to see him try to ‘discipline’ me.
    I’m not a child that the church is so used to abusing. I’m a grown man and fully capable of defending myself if necessary. Especially from middle aged, ignorant pious virgins, who think they can speak honestly on sexual matters, like this guy.
    Bring it on.

1. Godric Godricson 29 Jan, 7:19pm

Well said

1. Someone should do to him what Loraina Bobbit did to her abusive boyfreind near washington, DC in 1993

She removed his bigger boy aprt with a knife. Shame she didnt feed it to a dog or the garbage disposal – they sowed it back on.

TKs to someone farther down who found you tube violence he did to kids I’ll use this all over the web etc

1. He wouldn’t exactly be losing a vital organ … :)

2. BUD CLARK 30 Jan, 8:35pm

If you wish to contact Miss Paparazzi (she of the red dress and lace duster), here’s the info:

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Diocese of Springfield! Whether it is via email, phone or mail, we look forward to hearing from you.

Mailing Address
      Catholic Pastoral Center
      1615 West Washington St.
      Springfield, Illinois 62702-4757

Phone: 217-698-8500
      Fax: 217-698-0802

E-mail: webmaster@dio.org

I don’t know how to make international calls, so you’ll have to add the numbers for that.

Reaction in the US is almost universal outrage, even in the center-left Catholic press. The contrast between “her” words and “Cardinal” Timmie Dolan’s with those of Pope Francis is being constantly pointed out.

No, Francis is FAR from perfect, but he’s the breath of LIFE after John-Paul II and the Panzer Pope. If they make the former a “saint” after his WAR on GLBTQAI people, I know what I’d LIKE the response to be, but I am a law-abiding peaceful recovering Catholic QUEER .

2. He probably molests kids on the side too.

1. Leigh Oats 1 Feb, 7:55am

On the side? That’s an interesting variant of the usual positions that many a prelate or lower functionary of the RC (spelt whichever way you wish, but pronounced in only one way) church has found himself in.

3. soapbubblequeen 29 Jan, 7:17pm

I would like to discipline him. With that big crucifix hanging round his neck. Twat.

1. o look, sexis
      m

4. Chris Ward 29 Jan, 7:26pm

Yes, and we all know how his clergy like to discipline children…

5. To the naughty step with you, how dare you seek equality and civil rights!

6. Craig NZ 29 Jan, 7:53pm

That’s odd. In New Zealand, it’s usually the fundamentalist Protestants who get strangely excited about corporal punishment…

7. Mumbo Jumbo 29 Jan, 7:53pm

It is an organisation that has presided over the rape of tens of thousands of children and its cover it up that needs to be disciplined.

1. at least one hundred thousand in the USA alone. And its all over the worrld

8. David Jordan 29 Jan, 8:05pm

Only two states in the US forbid corporal punishment in private schools, in the other 48 states students are regularly subjected to paddling in private schools, while the majority of private schools do not beat their students, the minority that do are for the most part religious.
    You have to wonder, do fundimentalists have something wrong with them that they need to hurt people, especially those that can’t defend themselves?

9. LMAO sounds like the old god-bother must be wallowing in nostalgia for the days before they were stopped from running institutions where they could discipline naughty children by most civilised countries, usually by ‘fiddling’ with them, sexually. Is he saying between the lines that he’d like to fiddle with gays – purely for ‘discipline’ purposes of course?

10. Midnighter 29 Jan, 8:08pm

Perhaps it’s the permissiveness of our society that people think that if you don’t get what you want that you’re somehow being hateful

And we all know what happens when when what these hypothetical children “want” the right not to be buggered by Priests …

To follow your analogy to its logical conclusion Tom, take good note: when a child’s parents are irrational hate-filled child abusers, society sees to it that they are taken out of circulation and punished.

Of course, what makes the Church worse is that it is an unfit parent convicted in the courts of sexually abusing children, who now is trying to tell other parents how to do their jobs.

We see what you really are, you arrogant deluded loon.

11. Ali Cat 29 Jan, 8:27pm

I’d love to know what punishment the old fart thinks we should be subjected to. I’d like to punish him with a cricket bat to the head. Christian love, charity, and forgiveness, what a myth!

1. Don Hopkins 30 Jan, 6:59am

He would prefer his punishment include handcuffs, a leather face mask, a steel bar gag in his mouth, and an orange jump suit, which is the “non-sexual” way he punishes the naughty priests and children serving under him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVgeUMTgoaQ http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2013/09/thomas_donovan_bondage_priest_911_alton.php http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/28/rev-thomas-donovan-handcuffs_n_2569109.html http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01/09/five-shocking-facts-about-the-bondage-priest-s-911-call.html

12. This from a bishop of a church that thinks HIV is very bad, but condoms are worse! How dare he speak of moral issues.

13. Dear me! The most depressing thing is their absolute belief that they are right! I think that adults who believe in fairy stories should be disciplined like children!!!

14. Stark, raving bonkers.

15. Listen, if I wanted to be disciplined it wouldn’t be by some chinless, deranged, religious numpty in a badly fitting frock.

Matt Damon on the other hand…

16. Robert in S. Kensington 29 Jan, 9:10pm

Says the closeted self-loathing hypocrite for a morally bankrupt cult.

17. Terry Bunton. 29 Jan, 9:19pm

Is this scum a man of God or a hatefull Nazi. How dare he tell non Catholics for a start, let alone his “flock” who they can and cant marry or love. Does he think God would be proud that this bigot is representing his son on Earth. Appalling man and apalling organization. No wonder people are leaving it in their droves.

18. That There Other David 29 Jan, 9:42pm

His words are not accidental. According to The Bible naughty children are to be stoned to death. Something he knows all too well. This is bordering on incitement to murder.

19. spend your time love bringing to the courts all the priest that have abused the boysin your care over the years – Christian my ars* sheers you care love and compassion for others

20. Colin (Queenstown/London) 29 Jan, 10:35pm

Hate filled man

21. Tim Hanafin 30 Jan, 12:11am

Leave this guy in a room with me with the implement that I was beaten with by Marist priests when I was at school and I’ll show him the error of his ways.
    Just shut the f#ck up. Gay marriage is coming to UK soon and it will arrive in the USA eventually, whatever the roman Catholic Church says.

22. We really seemed to have a monopoly on loonies here in the States.

23. Leigh Oats 30 Jan, 1:44am

The Wikipedia article on this undereducated, mendacious joker says: “When remarking about who was responsible for the sexual abuse crises in the Catholic Church, he said that the devil was the principal force behind the lawsuits.”

1. This ‘devil’ person seems to have been responsible for all the things that cannot be explained as the actions of an ‘all-loving;’ god. Is that why they invented him … to explain away all the bad things their god does? Of course, if he really exists, they should bring him to court ……

24. Yes, I guess this is his depravity, whipping naughty men! Because I don’t think telling us to sit on a naughty step is going to work!

25. To be quite frank, he’s a sub-leader of a religious cult with a bad global record for physical and sexual abuse against vulnerable people. Nobody should listen to him!

26. Dave North 30 Jan, 3:15am

Normal mature adults have sex lives and use reason and intelligence to function in everyday life.

Children have no sex life and believe in make believe.

Ring any bells Bish.

Who’s the child?

27. What a twat!

Has he taken his medication?

28. Don Hopkins 30 Jan, 6:46am

He was involved with the priest who was “accidentally” stuck in a pair of handcuffs with a leather face mask and a steel bar gag his mouth, wearing an orange jump suit. That’s how he disciplines naughty little children. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVgeUMTgoaQ

Paprocki called it “non-sexual self-bondage.” http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2013/09/thomas_donovan_bondage_priest_911_alton.php

29. take your harlotry elsewhere Bish

30. Don Hopkins 30 Jan, 6:51am

After a “lengthy and probing interview”, Bishop Thomas John Paprocki claimed it was “non-sexual self-bondage.” http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2013/09/thomas_donovan_bondage_priest_911_alton.php
    Paprocki assured Donovan’s flock, that “that this self-bondage is to be understood as non-sexual in nature.” http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/28/rev-thomas-donovan-handcuffs_n_2569109.html
    Paporocki made headlines when he testified against Illinois’ proposed marriage-equality bill, arguing that same-sex marriage would undermine the “natural family.” http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01/09/five-shocking-facts-about-the-bondage-priest-s-911-call.html

1. Don Hopkins 30 Jan, 7:01am

(Sorry, I didn’t mean to post this twice, but there’s no way to delete this extra one, so please ignore this one. ;/ Unless you find it so funny you want to listen to the 911 call it twice! ;)

2. Reminds me of the Little Britain politician sketches. “And then my clothes accidentally fell off and I slipped and impaled myself on…” Sounds like he’d love to bring some ‘disciplining’ to the table. Raunchy little cultist.

31. funny how people like him appear strangely silent on priests who diddle kids.

32. This bishop is so far up de Nile he’s in Sudan.

The tragic thing is that there are people — “congregations” – that listen to idiots like him.

33. D.McCabe 30 Jan, 10:04am

I am sure that there is a club for those kinds of things!

Seriously though, I would like to see him try to discipline any adult without receiving a smack in his face!

34. And quite probably this Mr. Thomas John Paprocki has recently whipped with concern into a local cinema, in his skirts and accessories, to watch “12 Years a Slave” and then emerged shaking his head with moral disapproval at the appalling way that whites used to discipline blacks.

The hypocrisy and the lack of integrity revealed by some human beings is staggering.

35. Nicole H 30 Jan, 1:49pm

This is really sad but hilarious.

36. Do they have to pull their pants down while the bishop spanks them?

37. Mark von Fistenberg 30 Jan, 7:42pm

OPINIE: DIT BISSCHOPJE ZOU ‘GEMUILKORFD NET ZOALS HONDEN’ MOETEN WORDEN!

38. Craig NZ 30 Jan, 8:19pm

Is the good bishop from the (ahem) :0 Society of Mary (SM)? Does he have an (ahem) Bachelor of Divinity (BD)?

39. What a pathetic excuse for a man.

40. BUD CLARK 30 Jan, 8:33pm

Mailing Address
    Catholic Pastoral Center
    1615 West Washington St.
    Springfield, Illinois 62702-4757

Phone: 217-698-8500
    Fax: 217-698-0802

E-mail: webmaster@dio.org

41. Keith in SALFORD 30 Jan, 8:45pm

Ooooooooooooooo….!
    Discipline….?
    Handcuffs…..?

Tells you all you want to know, really.

So glad I dumped my Catholicism 50+ years ago.

Keith in SALFORD

42. Keith in SALFORD 30 Jan, 8:53pm

Quel tit…!

So glad I dumped my Catholicism along with all religious belief.

Keith in SALFORD

43. .....Paddyswurds 30 Jan, 9:01pm

These arrogant arseholes think they still hold the authority over people like they once did. I would like to meet this crep in a dark ally somewhere and he would soon find out who would be “punished” I would thke the pain and suffering of every little boy abused by the Roman paedophiole catholic Cult out of his ugly hide. Just who the phuck does he think he is. Some no mark creep in a red dress and lace. Oh I am so angry I could scream. I feel like going out and fin ding a priest and give him a good hiding. ARRRRRGH!

1. Keith in SALFORD 31 Jan, 2:12pm

Do you know, I thought it was ONLY me that felt like that about bashing up a priest – I hesitate to say bash a bishop.

I have the very same feelings, Paddyswurds…
      I want to go and reduce nearby SALFORD CATHEDRAL to ash with a box of Swan but I am wary of even mentioning it on here in case I get PC Clutterbuck on my case; anyway the whole fercking place is solid marble, so it would be a waste of the matches.

Keith
      SALFORD

44. Jeez, the Church must be really hard up these days! They’ll do just anything to find an excuse to perform some “discipline”!

45. jackAlison 30 Jan, 11:45pm

mmmm
    yes I can imagine
    bend ova and a smack on the botty wotty.
    the continual media cycle of church sexual throughout the world by christian churches is obviously lost on him….”people in glass houses….”

46. As a gay Christian man myself, I refuse to be looked down upon as a child just because of my sexual orientation and wanting the privilege of marriage. I don’t think this bishop would want anybody looking down on him for any reason either. I think he has a problem with sticking to the golden rule which says “do unto others as you would want them to do unto you”. I am created in God’s image, God knew me before I was born, and I existed in the mind and heart of God before I was born. I am not a mistake because God doesn’t make mistakes. God was just as intentional in making me gay as he was in making this bishop straight. Equality is the answer.

1. Keith in SALFORD 1 Feb, 1:47am

EXACTLY…!
      Someone else who thinks the same as I do.
      For this very reason, you do not need religion.

Keith
      SALFORD

2. Stephan 2 Feb, 6:07pm

The bishop isn’t straight.
      That’s the source of his “issue”.

3. Riondo 3 Feb, 6:14pm

I sympathise, but I think you should ditch the supernatural beliefs. Your life and sexuality are perfectly valid without believing in superstitious nonsense.

47. Funny he was caught in a “situation” involving handcuffs and he wants to “discipline” gays.

Talk about Freudian.

48. Leigh Oats 1 Feb, 4:42am

Says the bishop of Springfield, Illinois: “Sometimes you have to discipline your child.”

Yeah. A lot of prelates and lower functionaries of the secret society known as the Roman Catholic “church” are past masters in the art of disciplining children.

49. Stephan 2 Feb, 6:05pm

Dude, we know that you’re bi, at least.
    Just come out, already.

50. Religious people should be disciplined like children if they insist in believing in fairytales..