UKIP ‘Gay marriage caused storms’ councillor is now praying for gay people ‘to be healed’

1. D.McCabe 27 Jan, 3:37pm

I have nothing that needs to be healed. I am not sick, I am not suffering from mental illness. I am gay and I am proud of it and of who I am.

I think that this old duffer is loving the attention that he now getting so I think we can expect to hear plenty more ridiculous statements from him over the next few days.

2. Dave North 27 Jan, 3:41pm

Hopefully at the next council elections this idiotic old duffer will be kicked into the long grass where he clearly belongs.

3. That There Other David 27 Jan, 3:54pm

OK. He’s had his fifteen minutes of fame now. Onto the next loony religious idiot…

4. “is praying”.

… so doing nothing then.

Good

5. Christopher Coleman 27 Jan, 4:01pm

Prayers are often answered in ways the petitioner does not expect. He may find the law gets tougher on homophobia and bullying, both of which account for many of the problems LGBT people deal with.

6. Others here may like to email this loon in a similar fashion to myself. But take care not to give him anything to go crying to the media about. The loon’s email address is: davidmsilvester@tiscali.co.uk

Dear David Silvester,

I understand that you are currently praying for the healing of homosexual citizens.

Please know that this homosexual citizen is in no need of the healing of your non-existent pixie in the sky.

While you pray, I can only hope that you will seek psychiatric help for your religious delusions.

Yours sincerely,

7. Personally I love having the power to summon storm clouds when I look at another man. You can imagine what it’s like when I have full sex with a guy. You may as well start building an arc

8. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Jan, 4:35pm

It is YOU Councillor Silvester who needs to be healed from your religious affliction and addiction! Nobody is born that way.

9. Mike UK 27 Jan, 5:49pm

So in other words he’ll do nothing? K, that’s fine with me. Just keep those bigoted remarks to yourself councillor. You’re already a laughing stock as it is.

10. If he is genuinely concerned about the welfare of LGBT (Very unlikely) he should pray that future generations of gay/bisexual people will be spared the misery that he and his ilk have self righteously heaped upon existing LGBT.

11. Midnighter 27 Jan, 8:33pm

I understand there has been a petition to have me removed from my post as a councillor but I have no intention of resigning

I will “serve” the people of Henley WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT! (And pray for them all to get a just smiting for their temerity).

12. Don’t pray for me, pray for yourself to get those sick devil thoughts out of your head.

13. Sinead Harkin 27 Jan, 11:46pm

David does Matron know you’re out again? She’s got a nice chair with wrist and ankle restraints for you in the room with rubber wallpaper

14. Jim Yates 28 Jan, 7:10am

I’m thinkin, ” Politician Heal Thyself !! ” . . . Ciao – Jimmi

15. He should be removed from his post with view such as these what happens when a gay person go to him for assistants as a Councillor?

So now he thinks we are ill – its worrying we have such morons like this making decisions, can only hope the locals vote him out next time around

16. PRAYER – The key to praying is talking to yourself and pretending someone intelligent is listening –

Good Luck with that you vile, ignorant pathetic example of the worst kind of human being!

17. BlokeToys 28 Jan, 1:32pm

It’s embarrassing that someone who clearly has psychological issues can remain in such a position. He is entirely incapable of representing all of the public in the way in which a person in his position should be able to do. There is no way a Councillor can provide the service required of them while holding views which diminish and belittle an entire section of that community.

I find it interesting that there isn’t a precedent set for instances like this. If someone refuses to leave such an office after clearly losing the capacity to provide the function for which they are in that position there has to be a way to force them out.

As for “praying for me”, I would tell him the same thing I told the last Jehovah’s Witness who included me in her prayers; you can shove your ******* prayers up your ******* **** and swivel you ignorant ****. ;)

18. harteetkonnur 1 Feb, 4:41pm

I`d have thought that somebody would have complained about
    1, The wasting of good food…should the eggs not have been given to a FoodBank.
    2. The cost to the hard-pressed taxpayer of cleaning up after this puerile stunt.
    3, The breaking of local laws re appropriate disposal of foodstuffs into the correct receptacles.
    Surprisingly the Green Liberal Guardian types-and the BBC cheerleaders of the Good Rebellion-seem not to have mentioned all the above…so thought(in the interest of balance) that I would