College where lecturer compared gays to Nazis ‘delighted’ to be on Stonewall’s equality index

1. I have for several years doubted the veracity of the Stonewall WEI ratings and this to me reinforces my belief.

1. Spot on. Stonewall’s WE ratings are a farce. They all have to donate.

2. I hace no doubt that Stonewall would happily admit UKIP, the BNP and the Ku Klux Klan if they crossed its palms with sufficient silver !

3. I have no doubt that Stonewall would happily admit UKIP, the BNP and the Ku Klux Klan if they crossed its palms with sufficient silver !

4. GulliverUK 17 Jan, 6:24pm

Stonewall does a lot of good work, but sometimes, and on very important issues (aren’t they all), they seem disconnected from reality and good judgement. I don’t dislike Ben Summerskill, but I think he, and some of the others may need to be replaced, and with people drawn from the LGBT community, yes LGBT (Transgender also), people who are part of the real world, with real-world experience of the issues and the feelings of real people. It is important because it’s the main LGB (and should be T) organisation we have, we cannot afford it to be dysfunctional, otherwise it will loose credibility. What is the process for a vote of no-confidence? If we all become members can the whole gay community vote them out ?

1. Paula Thomas 18 Jan, 2:39am

If only joining and forcing a ‘no confidence’ vote were possible!! As I understand it they don’t have membership/

5. just goes to show this is means jack s*** and not worth the paper is written on.

Ive never ever been asked by Stonewall what by view are you runs this organisation?

6. rapture 17 Jan, 7:21pm

stonewall are a bloody disgrace. I’m sick of their anti gay debacles, their name has become a misnomer. What are they going to award gay friendly event of 2014?: the sochii Olympics.

7. Staircase2 17 Jan, 10:45pm

…I thought Dr Mark Walcott was gay…

He’s taken ‘the lady doth protest too much’ to stupidly obvious extremes

Shame on Newham College for taking so ridiculously long to root out his bigotry

8. Staircase2 17 Jan, 10:49pm

Assuming that Stonewall are being sincere in believing Newham College has done sterling work, at the very LEAST they should temper that belief with how long it took for Newham College to take action against Dr Mark Walcott’s bigotry (and chronic stupidity…)

1. Hardly surprising it took so long for the Headmistress to sack the bigot given she was such “a close friend” of said homophobe. This is an institution that did nothing to prevent a gay member of staff being hounded out of his job that has now been awarded a Stonewall workplace equality award – this brings the whole equality index into disrepute. Who will join the Top 100 next I wonder – the presidents of Uganda and Nigeria?

9. Glad to see UK standards are still so high. Next some school will be giving Dappy tenure.

10. Robert in S. Kensington 18 Jan, 12:27pm

Explanation Mr. Summerskill? Another blunder and a bad judgment call in my humble opinion. Stonewall needs to be held accountable but I suspect there will be some lame excuse why this college wasn’t taken off the list.