BBC presenter Jeremy Clarkson apologises for ‘Gay c*nt’ tweet

1. Mark in Halifax 16 Jan, 10:38pm

Good on yer Clarkson……for once in your sad, pathetic life, you’re actually 50% right on something. A vast improvement on your usual score!

1. “I have deleted my last tweet and would like to apologise profusely to anyone who I upset while I was asleep.”

This is not an apology for publicly circulating the homophobic image to get a homophobic chuckle.

He’s actually excusing himself saying he didn’t make the homophobic image and so he is not responsible for it. So now he’s gone public with it we need to know who did make the image, James May knows who it was.

2. “Then in 2011, Clarkson got himself into a spat with gay singer George Michael, who called him a “pig-ugly homophobic tw*t”.”

Great, what we need to show people we are dissatisfied with people using ‘gay’ as a derogatory term, is using peoples’ sex as derogatory terms.

3. I think you’ll find people who obsess about homosexuality have serious doubts about their own same-sex attraction. The world of homophobia is FULL of closet cases who ‘protest too loudly’. By being homophobic, gobsh*tes say FAR more about themselves than they realise ….

4. James May is watching from behind and a witness, perhaps he can tell us who is holding the sign up, was it Richard Hammond? Someone else on the production team?
    I think we gay TV licence payers deserve a fuller explanation now that Clarkson has made the event public.

5. Brett Gibson 16 Jan, 11:13pm

Alas, I think gay people are going to be burdened with the ‘second meaning’ to most homophobic words for a very long time. People will forever pass it off as ‘banter’ and people will always say that ‘p**f and f****t’ aren’t homophobic but just a name for girly men. Much like the use of the word ret**d, most people who use that word don’t have anything against disabled people.

I mean god, women aren’t even seen as equal and their battle started over 100 years ago!

6. “I have deleted my last tweet and would like to apologise profusely to anyone who I upset while I was asleep.”

That means that either he was sleep-tweeting or someone else tweeted it whilst he was asleep.

7. Well Facebook thinks its fine, reported a copy of the image flying around, they deem it to be acceptable.

8. apologise profusely to anyone who I upset while I was asleep.

Who could mistake that for an apology?

1. Agreed. It is clearly facetious. What a silly, misleading headline.

9. The funny thing is many of those who said that it was nothing to worry about last night seem to have deleted their tweets today. A bit of homophobia is funny …..er no!

10. he is not responsible for the pic so no need to apologise for it but he should apologise for tweeting it, so his excuse ‘while sleeping’ makes his apology a joke

11. rapture 17 Jan, 2:49pm

James may looks almost orgasmic with laughter at the sign.

12. The best thing that could happen to Jeremy Clarkson is a heart attack

1. a fatal one hopefully

13. Roland Chesters 17 Jan, 3:19pm

It beats me why ANYBODY would want to watch, listen to or read anything that Jeremy Clarkson produces. The man is vile and ugly and has nothing worthy of reporting to offer. The sooner he disappears up his own backside, the better

14. Staircase2 17 Jan, 10:32pm

…er…but surely the issue ISNT about what took place when he was asleep is it…
    it’s about what happened when HE (presumably?) CHOSE to tweet that image WITH that handwritten sign no?

15. I stopped watching his show long ago. He’s an ass.

16. am i not a normal gay or something because all i did was laugh ! well here one im sorry for who ever i upset but honestly get a goddamn life all off you cyber warriors kicking off behind ya technology it was a bit of banter so what if every now n then he says a cars gay ?? im sorry you but men look like twats driving vauxhaul tigras and vw Beatles ! if you want to bitch about something so trivial then you seriously want to be thinking about how comfortable you are with your self before you start caring about what others think how do you expect any one else to accept you if you dont accept you self ! jesus