TV dating host suggests bisexual men don’t exist: ‘They’re all gay’

1. Silly cow! ” Bisexual men DO exist as do bisexual women. It has been proven by science that a small number of people of both sexes respond to male and female erotic images and that therefore they have both opposite-sex and same-sex attractions.

1. florifdahank 12 Jan, 3:55pm

Steven when you say it’s been proven by science, I’d like to read the studies and results of their work. Can you please give me sites that offer that information?

2. Some gay males do attempt to hide their fully homosexual orientation by claiming to be bisexual when they are not (ie the ‘bi now, gay later’ ones) but MANY others ARE bisexual and remain that way throughout their lives.

1. The problem is that, when they move on with their lives, those of us who are permanent residents here in Bisexual-land have to cope with the mess they leave behind. I understand that it might make it easier for them to come out in stages, but they don’t seem to realise the damage they’re doing to genuine bisexuals. People they’ve dated, and probably their friends and family, might now believe that ALL ‘bisexuals’ are gay and not ready to admit it. That’s how this misconception spreads.
      It’s hard to be angry with them – coming out is still difficult for many people – but the least they can do after they’ve moved on is correct people who voice this opinion. They owe us some support after contributing to the problem.

1. Indeed, they do. So many people who are intolerant latch onto the examples of fully homosexual men and women who first of all say they are bisexual when they are fully gay and then later admit to their true orientation and say that proves that being gay or bisexual is a choice. Society has a very long way to go still when considering this question of bisexuality.

2. I agree wholeheartedly. Bisexuality is so often misunderstood still and these people don’t help matters. I can, of course, understand why they do it but people who are intolerant of gays and bisexuals use these people as solid, real-life examples of their erroneous belief that gays and bisexuals have actively ‘chosen’ to be gay or bisexual.

Society still has a very long way to go before it understands that bisexuals are real and that it is a life-long sexual orientation like it is for straights and gays.

3. Robert in S. Kensington 11 Jan, 5:18pm

What an ignorant statement. Of course bisexuality exists, factual evidence for that. Cheating on your partner or adultery both gay and straight is a form of lying. Why single out Jewish men? Bizarre! I hope she finds a male partner assuming she hasn’t already and he ends up being bi.

4. Mattress 11 Jan, 6:19pm

ya next thing ya know…she’ll say the easter bunny…santa…and CASPER (i mean G*D) aren’t real eitehr!

5. Mattress 11 Jan, 6:19pm

ya next thing ya know…she’ll say the easter bunny…santa…and CASPER (i mean G*D) aren’t real either!

6. ya right! next she’ll say the easter bunny…Santa and CASPER (oops i mean G*D) aren’t either!

7. I’ve seen this nitwit’s programme and she believes ridiculous nonsense. She gets people treated by psychics and healers, crystals, the whole shebang, supposedly to help them in their search for romance. There doesn’t seem to be any New Age (rhymes with sewage) woo-woo she doesn’t subscribe to. Her ideas about relationships are ridiculously out-dated. Given she is so unmoored from reality, her not believing in bisexuals is a positive thing.

8. If her thoughts on gay men not being able to be monogamous, bisexual women not making good mothers and that bisexual men are actually gay are anything to go by, she’s famous by virtue of being famous via car crash TV, rather than any merit.

9. The problem being, Soooooo….. many gay men declare themselves as bisexuals as a routine part of coming out, only to admit that later.

I still think, in males, the real thing, is extremely rare. Chances are much, much higher you are dealing with internal self acceptances issues.

1. Yes, I believe amongst men it is very rare compared to a slightly higher rate amongst women but it still exists and this is something society needs to know and accept.

10. I used to think I was gay when I was about 14 because I fell in love with a boy, but when I got a bit older I found that I rather liked both sexes. Lucky me!

11. Erica Cook 12 Jan, 3:58am

Can I just go smack her hard? Please.

12. Helge Vladimir Tiller 12 Jan, 8:59am

A trifle- why care about this nonsense ?!

13. Brett Gibson 12 Jan, 10:54am

Regardless, she’s an absolute t**t anyway…..

14. The saddest thing about this story is that a woman this stupid is the host of a TV programme.

15. DrDinsmoor 13 Jan, 12:55am

This woman is an endless font of stereotypes and outdated advice. Her programme is a disgrace to the network that shows it. Ban her from the air-waves, please.

16. Hello ::waves::
    Bisexual here, and I’m pretty sure I exist

17. I’m bisexual since I had sexual feelings. Since secundary school I find certain girls as well as boys attractive. I’m 51 now so for me it’s NOT and never has been a phase. It has always felt natural to me to not discriminate on gender when I fall in love and/or feel attracted to someone. I was, I am and I always will be bisexual. So I and many people like me DO exist!

18. Pete (Nottingham) 13 Jan, 11:55am

I’ve watched a lot of this show. I was honestly under the impression that Patti is bisexual. I’m almost certain she (at least in the past) has had relationship with women.

19. Lindsey 15 Jan, 1:07am

Hahaha, oh my god. As a bisexual woman I’ve heard that I don’t exist but I’ve never heard the ‘won’t make a good mother” idea. I hope to be a mother some day in one way or another (biologically and/or through adoption) and I think I’m going to be a pretty good one even if I like the men and the ladies.

20. Jeannette 15 Jan, 1:16am

I am not an eloquent writer, but I was under the impression that if someone is having intercourse with both sexes they are considered “Bi”? Gay people don’t do that

21. Rachael 15 Jan, 2:31am

It surprised me to read that “various members of the gay community have responded with outrage”. Given the topic of this article, shouldn’t the writer have used a more inclusive term like “the lgbt+ community”? Or were they trying to refer specifically to backlash from gay individuals?

22. I think most straight-identifying men can be attracted to men under various circumstances. They won’t admit to it but it’s much more common than most people think.

I don’t like to use the word “bisexual” because it suggests that the strength of the sexual attraction is equally divided between men and women. Most men who are attracted to both sexes have a stronger attraction for one sex over another.

I think the problem with the image of bisexuals is due to women. Women don’t have the same sexuality as men. In fact, it is completely different. Women tend to use their sexuality as a ploy to obtain a reward, such as money or a favour from men. Such women often fake their bisexuality in order to appeal to her husband’s or boyfriend’s fetishistic desire to have a threesome with two women or to watch girl-girl action.

This faking by women is why a lot of “bisexual” people have an image problem.