Video: Gay teenager comes out to his parents with ‘I love penis’ cake

1. ItchycooMark 10 Jan, 4:02pm

“Keanu’s family doesn’t really react to the “I heart penis” cake other than to thank him for telling them.”
    probably because they don’t realise what its meant to be!
    sometimes words speak louder than actions!

2. Wade S. 10 Jan, 4:05pm

Congratulations to this young man for understanding who he is and not allowing the negative people to make him think badly about that.
    I am a bit jealous about how much more support there is today and wish that same support had been there for me when I was his age. Progress is awesome!!!!

3. Tom Cotner 10 Jan, 4:52pm

I wonder how indeed fortunate he knows he is by having such warm, loving, and understanding parents! I could never have pulled that off when I was his age — some 60 years ago — and further, I doubt, if they were still alive, I could have pulled it off now.
    Congrats, Keanu, and hugs to you and your entire family.

4. What a great, accepting family. And (I’ll be thumbed down for this) what a ghastly way to tell them. Being gay is no more about cock than being straight is about Vagina.

1. I agree with you Cal, though youth must be forgiven for crassness.

1. Absolutely agreed.

2. Batmanz 11 Jan, 11:20am

He will probably get on for his birthday with parents like that!

5. Helge Vladimir Tiller 10 Jan, 6:31pm

Take a snapshot- freeze two pieces of the cake. Send one to Putin, the other one to the Pope. For sure they will have taste- -in the darkness of the night.

6. Steve_R 10 Jan, 8:37pm

All’s well that ends well, at least now he can be himself knowing he’s loved and accepted!
    If only it had gone as well for “Mickey”

7. fagburn 10 Jan, 9:25pm

The video was posted five months ago tomorrow!
    Hardly (pink) news.

8. Calum Lucas 11 Jan, 12:17pm

its a great method to come out… Wish I was that inventive when I came out xx

9. wow, how uninspiring.

10. I came out as trans, and got a “To a great son on your birthday” card.
    Owch!

11. has he never seen Bakeoff!!! OH call himself a gay man!! His cake decorating skills are enough to kill off St Mary of Berry….

seriously good luck to him:-)

12. What a prick !

13. BlokeToys 13 Jan, 2:11pm

I agree that the cake was a little over the top, kind of reinforcing the stereotype that being gay is all about body parts rather than who you fall in love with.
    Still, it’s nice to see a positive and loving family, plenty of so-called “Christians” could learn from this.