Dustin Lance Black confirms he is dating Tom Daley with ‘I love Tom’ cake

1. Why are you publishing this? whom Tom dates is nobodys business but his own.

1. Mark Y 6 Jan, 7:11pm

And everyone on twitter and instagram where he posts the pictures, and anyone who watches Splash, Johnathan Ross, youtube videos, and everyone who has read his autobiography etc etc etc He’s hardly a private person is he?

2. I fully agree, who cares about who is dating it is private life or private does not apply to him? Good luck to him…

2. Good luck to them!

3. I generally don’t really care one way or the other who is dating and boinking whom, but in this case, it gives me hope that still having a “June-December” relationship is possible. ;-)

1. It’s more an April – June relationship.

4. Happy they’re happy. All the best for both of you.

5. happy the’re happy. All the best for you two.

6. If my partner gave me a cake that looked like that I would think the gesture sweet and cute and would hope that a picture of it would not go public.

1. glasgow1975 5 Jan, 9:02pm

It’s a fan’s cake that they made/posted – Dustin never made it – did you bother to read the story?

7. good luck to them both, but becoming bored with the story now

1. Bobbleobble 5 Jan, 2:43pm

So bored you had to click on the story, read it and then comment? When I’m bored with something I ignore it.

Anyway, good luck Tom and Dustin.

1. But he wants the world to know that he’s bored, because him being bored is extremely fascinating to the whole world.. some people!

8. There is a huge age difference… I’m sure a lot of older men are thinking waheyyy! Whilst us young-en’s are sulking.

1. Jake28 5 Jan, 8:40pm

Well it would seem some people took offence at your comment…I’m not sure if it was the older or younger guys but my money is on the former.

Had it been a hetero couple and the man was 39 and the girl only 19 (and barely out of high school) I wonder if you would have received the thumbs down?

I thought your comment was funny…I gave you a thumbs up.

9. Pavlos 5 Jan, 2:55pm

Dustin Lance Black has quite some responsibility being famous Toms first under such public scrutiny, have to say they are both looking very happy and loved-up…Awww!

10. colonelkira 5 Jan, 3:53pm

I hope the media attention doesnt ruin it?…………….Because going on tv and talking about it is the same as not wanting attention, right?………..What a loser.

11. Colin (Queenstown/London) 5 Jan, 6:39pm

Oh come on boys what’s not to like. They are talented, cute, out there and in love. Also they share it a little which I think is lovely. Not all of us are so lucky..lol.

Enjoy as much as you can and live well Boys.
    Best Wishes

12. They seem to be really happy. I wish them all the best.

13. Christopher 5 Jan, 11:56pm

Alright, the lad is fit but he’s 20 years your junior, that just seems so icky.

1. Why is their relationship so icky!..good luck to them, some guys like older guys so get over it

1. If Tom was 29 and his boyfriend 49 it wouldn’t be icky (my choice of adjective would be disturbing) at all. Nothing against people being in love with older/younger people but when one is so young and the other so much older and with so much more experience it’s just not an equal situation.

14. Is an “I Love Tom” cake really confirmation? …really… this is the best of the gay news in the world. Ridiculous…

15. I’m sorry but I just cannot be happy for them. He’s 19! He’s just finished his A levels! I had high hopes for him to find a nice boyfriend of roughly the same age – or a least in his twenties. So suspicious of any 39 year old who is ” in love ” with a teenager.

1. Suspicious, or jealous? Their relationship is perfectly legal.

1. not jealous at all – of either of them. I find it concerning and yes suspicious. I know full well it’s legal but I don’t approve.

1. They have been dating since they met in March 2013 so it’s been 9 months alright? That is a long time and they obviously have a serious relationship. Honestly, if Tom loves Lance and Lance loves Tom, what does it matter to you? Nothing. Let them be happy with each other if it’s meant to be.

1. well I don’t consider 9 months a long time really and to be honest I don’t care that much. What they do is up to them. But I have a right not to approve and I don’t. Tom is a boy and Lance is practically a middle aged man- they are not equals.