Putin confirms that limited protest zones will be set up at Sochi

1. fagburn 4 Jan, 4:01pm

A quite astonishing mis-reading of this story…

2. I see rows of prefab houses surrounded with barb wire fences, built on vacant farm land, far away from the cities. Likely many armed guards (for the protection of the protestors of course) and something in Russian about “protest freely” above the main entrance.

3. Chris B 4 Jan, 4:41pm

And presumably all those protesting will be carefully identified and ‘dealt with’ later. Sorry, Vlad, but you’re fooling nobody.

4. Pavlos 4 Jan, 6:23pm

Maybe they should set a up a restricted zone where Putin’s flabby tits can be held too, let’s be honest, they need some support.

1. Mark in Halifax 4 Jan, 7:19pm

Such a serious story and that’s the only response you can think of?

1. Pavlos 5 Jan, 1:58am

It’s the considered response I chose to make when I made it .

I apologise if it irks you that I opted to ridicule Putin rather than try to rationalise about a wholly irrational situation developing in Sochi.

Your anger seems to have put you in a mood for a scrap Mark but we are on the same side, I’d rather not be a casualty of your friendly fire.

1. Mark in Halifax 5 Jan, 8:25pm

I don’t want a scrap……we are on the same side……I just thought your response was a bit crass and executed my democratic right to say so, which is more than those poor buggers in Russia can do. If I’d wanted a fight, trust me you would have known about it!

5. Mark in Halifax 4 Jan, 7:21pm

He calls them protest zones……I call them possible death traps?

1. Pavlos 5 Jan, 7:36am

Well Putin’s aren’t as nice as Tom Daley’s, but death traps? more like passion killers.
      Check this out

6. fagburn 4 Jan, 10:22pm

Imagine living in a country where you had to ask for permission to protest!!!

Oh, hang on – we do… https://www.gov.uk/protests-and-marches-letting-the-police-know

1. Pavlos 5 Jan, 7:40am

Really, why can’t you be serious fagburn?
      If there’s no march organised as part of your protest, you don’t have to tell the police.

2. Alex Frost 5 Jan, 11:51am

Have you read it? Nobody asks for a permission over there, It is about police being able to perform their duties of crowd control.

1. Here in UK, if there’s no march organised as part of your protest, you don’t have to tell the police.