New Chair of Lib Dem LGBT group takes up post

1. Ian Bower 2 Jan, 6:49pm

Indeed. There is a huge amount of work to do on social equality. Tke the example of the twitter backlash against two men kissing on Eastenders.

2. Patrick 2 Jan, 7:10pm

Yawn. Tell us when he’s actually done something worthwhile for gay rather than all this twaddle from celebrity America.

1. Patrick 2 Jan, 7:12pm

*gay equality, even.

1. RJ Brown 3 Jan, 3:21am

Errrrr Patrick – Ed was one of the key people leading the ‘equal marriage’ campaign and ensured that messages were relayed to all MPs across the house and to those within the House of Lords. He was pivotal in ensuring we won the vote in both houses.

1. Patrick 3 Jan, 1:42pm

Thanks for enlightening me! I did Google before posting. Not a lot came up. Has he has a real life prior to politics? Your link doesn’t point me in his direction. I saw he’d proposed to his partner and he’d been praised for equal marriage maneuvering by LibDem pundits, but what else? I want more. He didn’t convince all lib dems and, to be honest, I’d expect Lib Dems to generally be in favour anyway.

1. Don Harrison 3 Jan, 11:21pm

Ed was fighting on behalf of LGBT working to help the Equal Marage bill become the act 15/07/2013. It was not as simple as you might think. There was a group of LGBT+ LibDems who worked for support in both the Houses of Commons and Lords led by Adrian Trett and Ed Fordham. I can assure you they both played a Key Role in it’s success.

3. Ed Fordham will have his work cut out with the likes of Simon Hughes and Tim Farron ruling the Lib Dem roost

1. And Sarah Teather, Shirley Williams

4. Chris Ward 3 Jan, 2:40pm

Ed’s a good bloke who’s done a lot for LGBT equality. Best of luck to him.