US: Reality TV actor slammed by human rights group for ‘vile and extreme’ gay stereotypes

1. “He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans—and Americans—who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples.”

Of course not, ignorance of reality and a belief in delusional fairy stories is what religion is built upon. It’s a fact that religious people are generally less intelligent than non-religious people, this has to be the case because real intelligent people cannot believe in a fairy story with no evidence and nothing to support it, while refusing the proof of the natural world all around us.

It’s like someone holding a lamp and insisting it’s a Penguin, and continuing to insist that even when you switch it on! These are never going to be rational and intelligent people. This is why their influence in the lives of us all should be refused and fought against at EVERY opportunity.

2. Midnighter 18 Dec 2013, 6:01pm

I’m confused, is he saying the concept of sin isn’t logical, or is he claiming because it is sinful therefore it is logical to avoid sin?

If the former, yay, I agree. Morality based upon arbitrary rules is in no way logical. To me, morality is the result of empathy and respect for your fellow man, not whether you mindlessly follow a code that says you have to marry your rapist or smite the first born of your enemies.

If the latter, then he clearly doesn’t do logic (no surprises there). “Its wrong (a sin) because it is wrong (a sin)” is an overt case of the logical fallacy of begging the question.

3. Darren Yehuda 18 Dec 2013, 6:25pm

I’m sorry, but why is GQ interviewing this…..person. He’s not exactly what I imagine when I think of GQ. If someone lacks the basic intelligence to groom themselves, why listen to anything that comes out of their mouths. He wouldn’t even get close to a vagina or anus in this town–never mind having a choice or a preferrence.

4. Robert in S. Kensington 18 Dec 2013, 7:23pm

What is this heterosexual, often religious obsession with gays and anal sex about? Has it not occurred that many heteros indulge in it and that not all gays do? Jesus f_cking Christ I despair!

1. Midnighter 18 Dec 2013, 7:29pm

It certainly seems that the anal sex part is something the conservative / religious types think about far more often than many of us do!

I suspect it comes down to them being a bunch of mean-spirited jealous killjoys at heart. There, I said it.

2. Don’t despair Robert…the guy is just miserable…probably needs a good blow job…oh wait…he’s heterosexual…that is never going to happen then…there, I said it.

5. Christopher in Canada 18 Dec 2013, 9:13pm

This idiocy from America is spilling over into Canada at the moment – these “actors” are the product of reality TV and have displaced Honey Boo Boo. It’s the American thing to do these days, namely, deny intelligence and glorify the mundane. Some are rightfully repelled by it; far more buy into it and then vote Tea Party, thinking that this less-than-Everyman is something to aspire to.

6. RosemaryCGonzalez 18 Dec 2013, 11:25pm

My co-worker’s mother makes 81 Dollars every hour on the internet. She has been without work for 6 months but last month her payment was 18818 Dollars just working on the internet for a few hours. She bought an almost buttplug from Mobbydkman! browse around this website……………T­EC­3­­0.C­O­M

7. “It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus…”

I wonder who he had in mind when he made this comment…his mother, sister or daughter?

8. Mark in Halifax 19 Dec 2013, 8:17am

I don’t know what offends me more……the idiotic ramblings of this hateful nobody or the appalling misnomer “Reality TV Actor”.

9. Shouldn’t he have said either,
    ““It seems like, to me, a vag1na – as a man – would be more desirable than a man’s pen1s. I mean, come on dudes!”
    Or,
    ““It seems like, to me, a woman’s anu$ – as a man – would be more desirable than a man’s anu$. I mean, come on dudes!

10. It’s a tough one. I want “free speech” for my poetry, just like this guy wants “free speech”, but banning this kind of talk is really about exposing the xtian doctrines on gays — bringing these things into the open and allowing public debate. Maybe we lose a little on ‘freedom of speech’ but gain in consciousness — public awareness of superstition and hate wrapped in a halo.

11. This is crazy the way the “christians” are acting, It’s chick-fil-a all over again, but with much more “duck calling”. Look at the hate in the Christian blogsphere. Feel free to comment http://adamlewis.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/a-letter-to-the-ae-network/

12. It’s chick-fil-a all over again, this is crazy the way the “christians” are acting, but with much more “duck calling”. Look at the hate in the Christian blogsphere. Feel free to comment http://adamlewis.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/a-letter-to-the-ae-network/

13. Look at the hate in the Christian blogsphere. Feel free to comment http://adamlewis.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/a-letter-to-the-ae-network/

14. Look at the hate in the Christian blogsphere. Feel free to comment http://adamlewis.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/a-letter-to-the-ae-network/

15. Hello ? Anyone in there ? Remember KKK ! As far as I’m concerned, A&E and Phil can share sitting on his “big ole” white pointy hat.