First same-sex weddings will take place on anti-gay rights Lord Tebbit’s birthday

1. Beelzeebub 10 Dec 2013, 4:06pm

Poetic Justice indeed.

2. Robert in S. Kensington 10 Dec 2013, 4:15pm

Let’s hope he chokes on his birthday cake!

3. This is so funny! Serves him right for being such a nasty old bugger!

4. I doubt anybody would want to get married on that day just to spite the guy, but it’ll be a bonus for anyone who does celebrate that day with a marriage.

5. Brilliant!

Happy 83rd birthday you old git!

6. Rumour is Tebbit has already begun divorce proceedings to split with his wife, Margaret, so he may marry a male relative next March, so he can show what a mockery same sex marriage is.

(By rumour, I mean I just made it up)

7. James Campbell 10 Dec 2013, 6:06pm

Recalling the absolute nonsense that Tebbit spouted during the Gender Recognition debate (soundly put down by Lord Winstanley) I am not surprised that he did a repeat performance in the Same Sex Marriage debate. The date of the first wedding could not have been more appropriate. I have friends who have been waiting for the date to be announced and I shall attend their wedding with joy (and a metaphorical one finger salute to bigots everywhere).

8. Colin (Queenstown/London) 10 Dec 2013, 7:07pm

Justice is sometimes so sweet……lol very loud.

9. Mumbo Jumbo 10 Dec 2013, 8:19pm

“I’ve come to wish you an unhappy birthday
    Because you’re evil and you lie
    And if you should die
    I may feel slightly sad
    But I won’t cry”

The Smiths | Unhappy Birthday

10. Call me uncharitable, but I hope Tebbit is keeping Thatcher company by the 29th of March!

1. soapbubblequeen 14 Dec 2013, 9:27pm

Bwah-ha, ha, ha!! Fantastic! Happy Birthday Norma dear! :)

11. One has to wonder “Who?” might have intentionally thought to them selves when is his birthday? wouldn’t it be nice if he had to share and be reminded of it being the day SS couples celebrate their wedding and anniversaries! (Although I bet it added to Santa having a busy Christmas with a few unforeseen surprises and the like now people can feel inspired to make the holiday a memorable one!) Cupid and the jeweler might be working overtime this year

12. Philip Breen 11 Dec 2013, 4:54am

Lord Tebbit is a parody of himself. However, there are lots out there like him whose undercurrent still affects UK law. Look how the old spent gay offences, gross indecency, soliciting etc are still disclosed on DBS checks because of a presumption that such men necessarily pose a risk to children.

1. I think you’ll find it’s not only for convictions. If you’ve ever even been questioned about an allegation, I’m sure there’ll be a record of it somewhere ….

13. Oh the irony!!

14. Happy Birthday, Norm …! Hahaha

15. Tebbit looks like Skeletor from He-Man.
    But not quite as charitable.

16. his a out of date fart well pass his sell by date -there no place for people like him in todays world

17. Sorry UK but at least it’s reassuring to know that not all the old trout live on our side of the pond. I’ll blow him a kiss from Arizona on the 29th of March.

18. So good to read this just one hour before my partner and I set off for the village Christmas Lunch – at which there will be amongst the number several old Tories who idolise the ridiculous Norman Tebbit. We shall think of this “just dessert” if they begin to spout their usual old nonsense over the mince pies!

19. soapbubblequeen 15 Dec 2013, 5:59pm

BWAH-hahahaha!! This is the funniest thing I have read on here for ages! Happy Birthday Norma dear! LOL.

20. Just perfect!!!!

21. It’s also my friend’s birthday that day. She was rather put out when she posted a happy Facebook message about it and someone replied to inform her that she had the same birthday as the most overrated Spitting Image puppet.