New book claims that Vladimir Putin is ‘latently gay’

1. The Kitty Channel 4 Dec 2013, 7:43pm

This story doesn’t have any legs at all. And it illustrates – yet again – the shoddy proofing that infects so many PN stories. The paragraph that begins “Nothing in the book that he does not have proof that Putin is gay…” is supposed to read “Noting in the book… etc.”. Is “no proof that Putin is gay” a story? Honestly, I despair of you lot sometimes.

1. Your last sentence (I despair of you lot sometimes) says a lot about you. Spare us from your comments, please.

1. Got nothing of value to say, Carl? Best keep schtum then.
        Plonker.

2. The Kitty Channel 4 Dec 2013, 7:44pm

What’s more, the book does NOT claim that Putin is gay – the headline is rubbish. How can you keep doing this?!

3. Robert in S. Kensington 4 Dec 2013, 7:46pm

Who knows what to believe? Maybe its a political rival who wants Putin’s job. Using the gay card is an old trick used by the KGB to blackmail, discredit and demonise someone. Let’s not forget, Putin was once in he KGB. Of course, unproven allegations such as this can only embolden homophobes to bash and oppress Russian LGBT people even more than they already are. My gut feeling is this is a ruse by the author to make a fast ruble.

4. Pascorskquai 4 Dec 2013, 8:00pm

Demonising someone by calling them gay is just adding fire to the the prevalent Russian bigotry. The allegation that the book’s writer used to work for the Kremlin raises eyebrows. Maybe he was put up to it in order to increase hatred for the LGBT diaspora. I don’t care if Putin is gay or asexual. I do care that he oppresses millions of his own people. As a previous commentator said, don’t be shoddy PN. Comment with some analysis at least! (I’m a fan of PN btw)…

5. I expect he feels safer with animals. He’s bound to be quite paranoid by now.

6. Vladimir Putin is under the hypnotic control of Patriarch Kirill of the Russian Orthodox Church.

1. MerlynHerne 5 Dec 2013, 5:16pm

Well-said. You can be sure that the Russian Orthodox Church in the person of Patriarch Kirill is behind much of the persecution of LGBT people in Russia. I was Russian Orthodox for two decades and know just how virulently gay Eastern Orthodoxy is.

7. “This (West’s acceptance of homosexuality) is a very dangerous sign of the apocalypse… And we must do everything so that the law never endorses sin in Holy Russia because that would mean that the people are on the path of self-destruction.” – Patriarch Kirill

8. Putin is NO ICON of mine! And I dare the author of this book to show us the gay men or women whose icon Putin IS!

1. Fagburn and that little ice skater form the US.

9. Judging from this report, the claims appear to be somewhat confused, to say the least. It sounds as though it’s an attempt to use sexuality to further discredit someone, and pretty scuzzy therefore.

Apart from which, I’d really rather Put[a]in wasn’t on my side of the fence (even unwillingly), thanks all the same.

10. Christopher in Canada 5 Dec 2013, 2:52am

It can also be argued that he is latently human, but again, we’ve yet to see proof…

11. No connection to this particular story… but laments the situation Putin is responsible for in Russia, I found this touching and you may find likewise!

12. sensationalism at it’s lamest…see ya in the funny papers PN!

13. jamestoronto 5 Dec 2013, 5:04pm

If the gods are truly kind, PLEASE say it ain’t so. If it turns out to be true — which I am certain will not happen — then I am handing in my membership card. An icon. I personally find the man so repulsive that I am shocked even animals are comfortable with him.

14. True or not, he needs to put on a shirt to cover those gross bitch tits and fat.