Gay German policeman kills and eats man after meeting on cannibal website

1. I seem to have missed the part of this story that stipulates that one or both of the men are/were gay. Not sure why a story of cannibalism in Germany is reported here otherwise.

1. Midnighter 29 Nov 2013, 1:44pm

Quite. The sexuality of those involved seems irrelevant based on the article here, and I find it incongruous for this particular website and of no direct relevance to the readership.

2. PantoHorse 29 Nov 2013, 1:45pm

I don’t understand why the cop’s sexuality is relevant to a story on cannibalism, unless there was some kind of sexual element to the killing or consumption?

3. because this rag loves sensationalism. ben cohen works for C4 news and I can never look at it the same way anymore

4. Aha! The headline and the first line of the article have been edited since it was first put up!

5. The same story on the BBC News website states “Police believe that the two men met via an internet site for those interested in sex with torture.”

2. LOL.

Just when you thought Pink News couldn’t sink any lower.

1. Oh I thought this was the Daily Mail.

1. It may as well be.

The relentless promotion of homophobia; the constant plagiarism from other sites; the borderline illteracy of the writers; the right wing agenda; the lowest common denominator articles.

I read Towleroad. Then come over hear to count how many spelling mistakes are included in the plagiarised articles.

1. Then come over hear to count how many spelling mistakes are included in the plagiarised articles

How sad.

1. I don’t actually use a calculator. Irony dear.

2. Really? Seems unlikely somehow.

3. Robert in S. Kensington 29 Nov 2013, 1:40pm

This is the sort of thing that right wing religious homophobes like to use to denigrate LGBT people even if it’s one isolated incident.

4. PantoHorse 29 Nov 2013, 1:41pm

Words fail me…. Surely the key point of a fantasy is the possibility that at some point it might become true, and when you live out that fantasy (with consent etc) it’s meant to be great? Now, if you’re dead when that bit happens, what is the flipping point?

5. norfolkNman 29 Nov 2013, 2:08pm

I am beginning to think that you are owned by the same oiks that own The Sun, what difference does it make if he is gay or not?

6. BARRY WILLIAM TESKE 29 Nov 2013, 2:14pm

I look. I look again. I ponder it. I research it. I create a pro’s and con’s sheet. I ask those wiser than me….
    Yet nothing, nada, zip, zero.
    I can not understand or find any respectable and reasonable justification to the headline for this story needing the word ‘gay’ in it.
    We do not say the ‘straight’ broke the law. We do not say the ‘gay’ broke the law. We say the person broke the law.
    Way to show the ignorance, homophobic, far-righteousness…ok just a total complete fail in attempting to inform the public of facts and details that do frame and speak to the inhumanity of this ‘story’.

7. Christopher in Canada 29 Nov 2013, 6:44pm

Sounds like they both got what they wanted…

8. fathermark 29 Nov 2013, 8:30pm

I had very much the same reaction. What does the perpetrator being gay have to do with anything? Totally irrelevant and even damaging to the gay community. Besides, has the suspect already been convicted? Or has he admitted to the crime? If not, will Pink News take responsibility for a possible mistrial ruling, if a judge believes that such an article undermines the accused’s chances for a fair trial? Please be more prudent in your reporting.

9. What 2 consenting adults do in the privacy of their own kitchen is their own business. It is time to get the government out of the kitchens of the nation. :)

10. James Savik 30 Nov 2013, 2:35am

Your first sign of trouble: MEETING ON A CANNIBAL WEBSITE!

11. Tammi Phillips 30 Nov 2013, 7:35am

Sylvia explained I’m amazed that some people able to get paid 4932 bucks in a few weeks on the internet. Visit Website>>> F­B­3­­9.C­O­M

12. Yum! What’s the site? Link please! I wouldn’t mind a carpaccio, with a nice chianti.

13. Knödelkopf 30 Nov 2013, 1:49pm

Why must I read about they`re gay on pink news, while on german telly it`s never been mentioned in a single sentence

14. Godric Godricson 30 Nov 2013, 2:48pm

Written by “Phil Morespace”…….rather than a real story. The sexuality of the victim or alleged ‘perp’ is neither here or there. Most crime reporting does not mention the sexual orientation of the people and we must aim at equality in all things