Robbie Williams: ‘I am 49% gay because I love musical theatre’, but not sex with men

1. Forgot to mention 51% @rsehole.

What ignorant stereotypical drivel.

1. I think he meant to say he’s 49% camp, I say he’s 100% camp media whore.

2. What utter nonsense.

Back in your box, Robbie.

1. de Villiers 28 Nov 2013, 1:15pm

Would that be the Radiobox?

3. Fool. Twat. Idiot. Musical Theatre! At least I dont have to have a rant as everyone knows how stupid this is.

4. Dirty tattooed chav with an IQ lower than a rock. Not who I would want on my team. Yuck.

5. He doesn’t like sex with men – does this mean he has tried it???

1. We can all dream, can’t we? :)

2. I’m guessing it was Gary (lol)

6. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Nov 2013, 12:45pm

You’re bisexual, Robbie. Quit the stereotyping please. Many of us aren’t into theatre and musicals, aren’t hairdressers or fashion designers to add insult to injury, not that there’s anything wrong with people who are, but our sexual orientation isn’t defined by the jobs and professions we ascribe to. I’m sick and tired of these idiots not thinking before they open their mouths to spew this rubbish. Not too bright in my view.

7. Snore.

Because yes, of course, a taste for cock gives us all perfect taste in soft furnishings and a love of musicals. So does he think it’s his lack of a taste for cock that makes him such a dickhead, then?

8. So it’s ok to call him gay now? Remember how this disgusting homophobe sued people for calling him gay!

9. Just sing, Williams! That’s all your particularly good at and all you are qualified to do!

Thanks for the negative stereotyping, Mr. Williams. Please note, I nearly 100% homosexual and I do NOT love, or even like, musical theatre! There are one hell of a lot of homosexual men and women who are not in “musical theatre”! But in your world, presumably, you meet only the section of gay men who are.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Nov 2013, 2:27pm

Absolutely right about that. I too am not in or care much for musical theatre either. Since the majority of the musical theatre going public are heterosexual I would assume, how would his statement apply to their sexual orientation? He probably thinks all hairdressers and fashion designers are gay. Ignoramus!

1. Sorry about my typos, people, and Robert! Was so flabbergasted by Williams’s moronic statement I just bashed it out and pressed “Post”!

10. Sorry but I love Robbie…even with his ranting about Stereotypicals….which do exist. He is about as accurate as me stating I’m bi -sexual just because I have had sex with women!

1. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Nov 2013, 2:20pm

Stereotypes aren’t the majority and this is what his crass statement implies. Stop defending ignorance! Irresponsible words have consequences. It’s bad enough we have bullying. His stupid statement only enables homophobia and perpetuating the myths about who we are. We’re in every walk of life and job from your brain surgeon to dustbin man.

11. I rarely comment on here, but what a tw@t! It drives me mad when people in the media refer to these ridiculous stereotypes! He needs to think carefully before he makes these ignorant comments.

12. Nob. Cock. Bell-end. Twat. Arsehole.

All terms that describe *him* better than they describe what he likes.

13. jackAlison 28 Nov 2013, 1:18pm

oh 4 chrissake who the f*_&k cares?
    Its 2013!!!!
    why is this news??

14. How ANYONE can buy this tosspots ear-injuring material is beyond me …… an over-inflated, over-paid, over-egoed individual. I don’t care if he’s 49% goat. I just wish he’d have the sense to retire and leave us in peace.

15. Sick and tired of this self publicist trying to appear oh so tolerant with his ridiculous statements about his sexuality. There’s something very unpleasant about claiming to embrace a gay stereotype, whilst at the same time making it very clear that you don’t like what really makes you gay – sex with men.

16. Please make a pact with yourself to just SING – and leave your speaking bits (which are becoming increasingly litterred with the “F word” and worse) out of it. Your last DVD at the Albert Hall was ruined because of your not-funny funny lines and your pandering to your audience by trying to be a Gordon Ramsey of the pop world.
    And yes – I am old fashioned!

17. I guess that would make me 49% straight because I have no interest in musical theatre; I have no rhythm; I can’t dance; I have no fashion sense and my house looks like it was decorated by Hellen Keller; but I don’t like sex with women.

1. The Helen Keller school of design seems to be trending right now, it’s everywhere.

18. So Robbie doesn’t enjoy this kind of fun. He just needs to learn to relax a bit on entry.

19. Hypocrite Robbie. You really want all the men you slept with, including my best mate at college, to out you? Or is this all just some stupid publicity stunt where you think you’re being clever? He said you were thick as a brick sh*thouse.

20. barriejohn 28 Nov 2013, 5:26pm

What a prick.

21. Would you please just Shut the F*@k up Williams you talentless A hole -

1. Hahaha. Unfortunately, this site only allows me to give you one ‘thumbs-up’.

2. He should shut up, yes. But he is not talentless. I don’t enjoy his kind of music, but watching him recently on TV I observed his polished professionalism. He’s an accomplished entertainer.

22. Sounds like a publicity stunt for his new album to me

23. Okay we believe you (cough).

24. Christopher in Canada 29 Nov 2013, 3:36am

Who? Do I need to google this guy to find out who he is? This name is not familiar on my side of the Atlantic…

25. Carl ROwlands 29 Nov 2013, 3:37am

The lady does protest too much……………………………….this is very tedious!

26. Shut up you big TIT

27. I must only be 51% gay then. That or Robbie Williams is a cretin.

28. I think he’s confusing me with someone who gives a flying s**t what he thinks……

29. That statement is soooooooooooooo gay, LOL!

30. This is just the sort of ignorant stereotyping that infuriates my gay son. Used to think I liked Robbie’s pop tunes, but not sure I can put up with them after these thoughtless remarks. I’m a hetero mum and I’m not mad about musicals, or particularly good at interior decorating!

31. Oh, PN, please stop subjecting us to the self-regarding, insulting drivel spouted by this idiot.

32. Yah, and ‘gay’ is so defined, so O.E.D. fixed in its definition. There’s gays and then there’s trailer-trash straights who, at heart — or bottom — don’t really know the difference…when they’re out there alone with their hunting buddies, playing ( they really say this ) ‘grab-ass’ with each other.

Anyway, ‘musical theater’ is mostly just crap music, so the guy might as well be non-musical and totally ignorable.

33. Yeah! And I am 49% Indian, because I love the food!

34. Aside from his nonsense about musicals (as a gay man who listens to heavy metal, can’t stand musicals and couldn’t give a rats behind about Kylie or Gaga) his description of his sexuality is a little confused.
    Plenty of gay men do not engage in *that* specific act, and there are stories about the guys in Take That enjoying some other kinds of fun in hotels and on the tour bus… I think this means that he’s primarily bisexual, and enjoys certain kinds of activities with other guys.

It’s a shame that he seems so confused and expresses stereotypical views about this. It might be intended as a joke, but I have to say that it sounds as if he doesn’t really fully understand his own sexuality, or he’s pandering to popular opinion rather than just telling it like it is.

It’s disappointing, because he could probably get away with being very honest and open about this and people wouldn’t see him any differently. I think we all know what he meant to say, it’s a shame he didn’t say it.

35. 51% judgmental piece of trash