MEP Nikki Sinclaire: ‘I’ve received threats from UKIP and journalists’

1. I see that Ms. Sinclaire is gearing up for the launch of her autobiography on the 25th of November, i.e., this coming Monday.

If one googles “Nikki Sinclaire” one finds that she has swamped the media with press releases announcing the arrival of the book AND the fact that it contains all her personal details.

If one reads just a little of the book on its website one sees that indeed the book tells all. See:

If one bears in mind that it takes AT LEAST two years to write and then to publish a book, then one sees that Nikki Sinclaire probably made the decision to tell all at least two years ago.

So I don’t buy this spin that she’s now telling all because she’s recently received threats from journalists. If journalists have threatened her with exposure, then those journalists have been amazingly considerate and patient over the course of the last two years while she’s been busy scribbling.

This is nothing but promotion of her book.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 22 Nov 2013, 8:36pm

Of course. Eddy. She’s been promoting it heavily on Twitter too.

2. Robert in S. Kensington 22 Nov 2013, 8:33pm

Aside from the EFD, does she really believe UKIP has no racists, extremists or homophobes either, a repackaged version of EDL and BNP in my view? If she claimed to be a ‘lesbian’ when she first joined UKIP and before she transited, are we to assume she had male genitalia? If that’s the case what exactly is she now that she has completed the process? Still a lesbian or bisexual?

1. If the book tells all, then all of those questions may well be answered there.

Question is: are we going to buy the book in order to learn all the ins and outs of this person’s life?

That my friends is the ovewhelmingly difficult decision we have to make this weekend!

1. Robert in S. Kensington 23 Nov 2013, 5:14pm

I’ve no doubt we’ll find more about what’s in the book without buying it. Now just watch someone thumb me down about that.

3. The most confusing thing is how someone who is transgender and a lesbian could join a homophobic party.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 22 Nov 2013, 10:48pm

Totally agree with that, although I think ‘she’ is in denial. Four people gave me the thumbs down for asking a simple question.

1. you call her ‘she’ in quotes and you wonder why people are giving you thumbs down?

2. I think when she joined it was pretty much just a single-issue anti-EU party – it was only later that it began openly courting disaffected old Tory bigots.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 22 Nov 2013, 10:51pm

Exactly! If she transitioned to a female orientation, I’m assuming she had male genitalia prior to surgery when she claimed she was a lesbian. I fail to understand that since she wasn’t an biological female although she probably identified as such. I also don’t buy her statement that she became a lesbian after being raped. There is something not quite right about that. I was thumbed down for asking what her actual sexual orientation is.

1. Robert, keep asking your questions, and ignore those who don’t want any discussion of the facts of the subject of transgender.

If you were a student in my classroom I would answer your questions, and any other questions of any other students. Only by open discussion of the physical and mental nuts and bolts of the subject of transgender can transphobia be eliminated.

Where there is ignorance of the subject of transgender, there is transphobia.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 23 Nov 2013, 5:20pm

Thank you, Eddy. I make no apologies for anything I’ve said. What I did was put valid questions. Most of us aren’t versed in the intricacies and complexity of transgendered people. I’m sure I’m not the only one who would have similar questions out of curiosity. I support anyone’s right to transit if that’s what they wish. Perhaps I’m guilty of ignorance of the subject but that’s why questions I put are relevant and need to be addressed by someone in authority. Although nobody can become a different gender in terms of internal organs and genitalia doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t transit if that’s what their desire is. Far be it for me to say no. That’s all my comments were headed and no offence intended.

1. I don’t understand how this is seen as so complex and intricate, though. Gender identity and sexual orientation are two separate things. Just like cis people, intersexed and transsexed people can be straight, bi, gay, asexual, etc etc. Since she’s said multiple times that she’s a lesbian, I’m inclined to believe that she’s a lesbian. Her gender identity is female, she is attracted to other females, this makes her a lesbian no matter what shape her genitals used to be or currently are. I have heard of some trans and intersexed people changing sexuality a little when they go on hormone treatment – I’m an intersexed woman and on female hormone treatment I went from pretty much 50/50 bi to 90+% lesbian (and actually gaining a full sex drive), but I’d assume Nikki had been on hormone treatment for a long time before her first public statements that she’s lesbian. Just don’t treat it as something more complicated/mysterious than it is, gender identity & sexual orientation are separate.

4. Shameless self promotion at its absolute worst. The utter transparency of this farce is actually quite amusing.

5. Whatever our thoughts are about her political views and current use of the media to promote her forthcoming book, if she can cause a lot of embarrassment to Nick Farage and his party we should let her get on with it.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 24 Nov 2013, 12:50pm

True and he hasn’t spoken to her in years apparently. The thing is, she remained in UKIP for a number of years. I don’t buy for a minute that she didn’t think it was not homophobic given Farage’s unequivocal statement that his party doesn’t support equal marriage from the very outset of the debate while the consultation was taking place and immediately after to which Sinclaire said nothing.