Matthew d’Ancona: ‘Homophobic dinosaurs in the Tory party are far from being extinct’

1. PantoHorse 20 Nov 2013, 3:21pm

What’s a “resection process”?

Sounds like something all bigoted Tories should undergo.

PN, please can you up the literacy skills of your copywriters? This is yet another example of poor writing. The article on Zachs and Kreig is similarly dreadful, but I didn’t want to comment there as I don’t want my comment to detract any more from what the duo are doing.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 20 Nov 2013, 3:41pm

I think ‘re-selection’ was the word required.

2. I have to agree. “Resection” involves surgery — THAT would have been a story worth reading. This is not. I came here to make the same comment as PantoHorse.

1. Frank Boulton 21 Nov 2013, 3:42pm

The only reason why I read this article was because I couldn’t make up my mind whether “resection process” referred to a surgical procedure or a legal process to have him declared insane.

3. Robert in S. Kensington 20 Nov 2013, 3:43pm

He’s absolutely right. There are many in his party who want Cameron to go and to be replaced by one of their own right wing religious nutters. Peter Bone whose marriage referendum bill heads to second reading next Friday is ample proof that they are not extinct and never will be. The albatross around their party’s neck.

4. Beelzeebub 20 Nov 2013, 4:20pm

“Dinosaurs”?

Some of them haven’t got past the primordial slime stage yet.

5. de Villiers 20 Nov 2013, 9:46pm

> Shadow Cabinet Office Minister Jon Ashworth said: “Nick Boles, one of the prime minister’s closest advisers, has let the cat out of the bag. David Cameron’s so-called detoxification of the Tories has been a sham and his modernisation project is dead and buried.”

Why do politicians bother to vomit out this stuff?