Lithuania: Homophobic politician delivers trousers with anal zip to LGBT group

1. Lithuania should be expelled from the EU along with all other nations who do not support LGBT rights.

As for the jeans, I wouldn’t mind a pair of those myself. I’d be very popular at XXL with those on.

1. Great idea, lets abandon every last LGBT Lithuanian to the mercy of the Russians.
      The two countries do share a land border, and Putin is so missing the lands his nation once ruled over.

1. Lithuania also misses lands it once ruled over, including modern-day Russia. As for your mercy, I think Lithuanians do not particularly need it.

2. Thankfully peasants do not make or determine politics. As for the EU, it is not particularly popular in Lithuania.

3. Eric Carlin 16 Nov 2013, 1:42pm

I thought that. I quite like those jeans.

2. I think we can all agree that most homophobes secretly want it up the wrong ‘un, I mean, why else would they know more about gay sex acts than me??

1. I totally agree RJM.

3. Were the trousers from his own personal collection!

1. Probably !!!!!!!

4. It really should be very simple – if a country cannot evolve socially, to reject the religious insanity and fascist views of nutters like this, they should be ejected from involvement in the EU and international discussions completely and told that unless they further the cause of Human rights and equality they have no place in our decent moral world.

We cannot keep dealing with crazy governments and pretending that mentally defective politicians can act like adults, they are not up to the job, so we should not be dealing with them at all.

F**k Croatia, f**k Russia, f**k Uganda… they are backward countries who should be ejected from international politics until they have a grasp of basic democracy and Human rights.

1. I miss the times when commenters like you were condemned to illiteracy and were only asked to speak up at a confession on a Sunday.

5. Lithuanians have the right to move to any EU member state, why would any sensible person want to stay in this homophobic hell, if they could easily move to a more gay-friendly country like the Netherlands, Germany or the UK? I think it’s brave and noble to take one for the team, but if I had been so unfortunate to be born in one of these backward nations, I’d get the f*ck out!

1. While I agree with you to a point, lets not forget that people have family and friends there, a good job or their own home. Imagine having to leave all of that behind because a group of bigots want you out of your own country. I would probably be more inclined to stay and fight them too, just out of sheer stubbornness.

I think there comes a time when it becomes too dangerous though. Like Russia for instance, we can see that Russia is increasingly unstable and becoming a fascist nation. The rise of ultra nationalism there is almost identical to the rise of fascism in Germany under Hitler.

I think now is indeed the time for people to flee Russia and seek asylum elsewhere, but the same cannot be said for other nations, yet.

When laws start passing to distract the public from their failing government, legalizing attacks on minorities, then it’s time to run.

6. Tim Hanafin 15 Nov 2013, 12:32pm

Why are these homophobes obsessed with anal sex? Oh that’s right, because their wives won’t give them it. I’ve lost count of the number of straight women who have confided in me that their partners have put them under pressure for anal sex.

1. EXACTLY MY SENTIMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Robert in S. Kensington 15 Nov 2013, 12:34pm

The problem with these backward moronic cesspools of member states, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Greece, Croatia and even Italy is that the ECHR is afraid to take this sort of thing seriously because it fears accusations of abuse of religious freedom, one of the reasons it refused point blank to get involved with the same-sex marriage debate across the EU. It has NO backbone to eject offender nations and nor do any of the political leaders in the member states. Not one of them has called for ejection of any state in violation of human rights regulations. Once again, religion at the heart of all this.

1. Hang on a minute, Estonia shouldn’t be on that list. :D An optimist such as myself would say we’re nowhere near as bad a state as those other countries. I can’t think of a single anti-gay law in this country, other than the blood ban, but that’s upheld in many of the most civilized countries of the world. Granted we also don’t have almost any pro-gay laws either (except some against discrimination), and we do get our fair share of outspoken idiots. But again, you get those everywhere and there’s always a backlash whenever one of them comes out with their brilliant takes on what morality is supposed to be. Marriage equality is actually discussed, not banned by constitution like in the rest of Eastern Europe.

1. lithuanian 15 Nov 2013, 3:50pm

the same could be said about us. we have idiots(like this man, ‘clown of the nation’ as even the homophobes call him), and the blood-ban.
        we also have anti-discrimination laws. and quite a few pro-lgbt activists, parliamentarians, celebrities, etc..
        same sex marriage is also disused here, almost on a monthly basis. (and according to a poll done in 2009 – 40% support it).

it might not be much, but don’t pretend you’re any better than us.

2. gosh this is the typical estonian “we’re nordic, we’re so much better than anyone else except maybe finland” attitude.. Lithuania is doing pretty well and progressing steadily towards equality. And of course, because of that, idiots like Grazulis feel threatened and resort to shows like this. It’s just PATHETIC. It doesn’t represent the country at all. We do have a fair share of idiots, but who doesn’t? No idiots in UK or US? I don’t think so. If dumb people would be enough reason to expel a country from one place or another, we should all be expelled from everywhere. :D

1. Fair enough. :) I only really went by the constitutional marriage ban thing and I remember something about a law for “protecting minors” from gay propaganda (?), but I’m clearly not informed well enough to say much. I’m sure everyday life is about the same for LGBT people in our countries and it doesn’t really help anyone to compare relatively small differences like that, not to mention that it all depends on exactly what you’re looking at anyway. Poland’s also banned marriage equality, but then they’ve got an openly gay and another openly trans person in the parliament. No out MPs in Estonia. Anyway sorry if I came across as arrogant, didn’t mean to.

1. lithuanian 17 Nov 2013, 5:09pm

you’re wrong on both accounts, the Constitutional court actually ruled in favour of LGBT rights. and we have 1 gay member of Parliament.

2. “Even Italy”, meaning “them lot in the East over there, us lot in the West should know better as we’re more advanced/cultured and civilised”. It also suggests that Europe is neatly divided along such lines, when actually if you look closer is not the case at all. For example, Finland is part of the civilised and progressive Nordic block rather than the Eastern Block, right? However, Finland was part of the Russian Empire for over 100 years after Sweden lost it, just like Estonia. However unlike Estonia, Finland was later annexed by the Soviet Union but culturally, ethnically and linguistically these two countries are extremely close to each other. Both the Finns and Estonians are a Finnic people who have more in common than the countries surrounding them, however history has given people a different view of the two. Actually public acceptance of LGBT rights in Estonia is ahead of Italy of you believe several polls, so stereotyping and blanket assumptions are wrong in this case.

1. I kind of agree and I definitely appreciate the general sentiment of recognizing false stereotypes, but history hasn’t just given people a different view of Estonia and Finland, it’s also made the countries different. As an Estonian it’s a knee-jerk reaction to jump at anything along the lines of “Estonia is basically Russia” (as demonstrated above :P), and sure, it isn’t Russia, but it’s not exactly Finland either. And legislation is one thing, but it’s so hard to assess public attitudes. If I went by the vast vast majority of my own family and friends and acquaintances even, it’d look like homophobia’s near extinct, but on the other side of that you see people claiming they don’t know anyone who can stand those dirty homosexuals. It’s all insanely complicated, would be my point I guess.

8. http://www.delfi.lt/news/daily/lithuania/p-grazulis-bus-atiduotas-teises-vilkams.d?id=62941488

Here’s Petras having a whale of a time being man-handled by a group of butch uniforms. Yet another example of a politician using the catholic school of brainwashing trying to make his way to power. Lithuania should be told evolve or be thrown out of the EU.

9. Helge Vladimir Tiller 15 Nov 2013, 12:55pm

Send this idiot to the North Pole- With no facilities- and order him to make his own Parliament. He is a disgrace to mankind !

10. I wonder if he made them himself? Got his wife to do it? Or just knew where to buy them?

11. what a moron – maybe someone should tell him not all gay people indulge in anal acts and there are many ‘straights’ who do.

God this one as the IQ of a carrot

12. It is absolutely obvious to me that homophobic people like this are obsessed with the subject because of thier own suppressed homosexuality. Why ELSE would someone do such a weird fhing? Where did he get them? Why his fascination with the subject? “Show me a homophobe, I’ll show you a closet case”.

1. I don’t usually agree with you about that formula, but in this case I think you may well be right. His level of obsession is not a matter of disinterested taste.

1. I have a friend who is a psychologist. He has made an EXTENSIVE study on both a personal and professional level of homophobia and its cause. He asserts that, without a shadow of doubt, religion is simply a ‘tool’ that people with suppressed homosexual desires use to re-enforce their self-hatred. If you have been told repeatedly since birth by religion that you are an ‘abomination’ you will internalise homophobia. If you then discover that you are attracted to your own sex, what are you going to do with all that pent-up hatred? Offload it onto those who most represent that which you hate about yourself…. those who are openly gay. I too had real trouble accepting his view that someone who is violently homophobic is actually gay and in denial. But the more I have seen of this – anti-gay evangelists being caught with their pants down, etc – the more it started to make sense. In fact, it’s the ONLY thing that explains why some people are homophobic and others coudln’t give a monkeys.

13. Christopher in Canada 15 Nov 2013, 1:12pm

Meanwhile, str8 women wear skirts…

This politician is nothing but a school-yard bully. Who raised him?

Full zipper jeans have been around since at least the 50’s – bikers used to wear them, and I’ve seen them depicted in Tom of Finland drawings. As well, was not Olivia Newton-John wearing a pair in the final scene of GREASE?

14. “How are homosexuals better than necrophiliacs or paedophiles?”

Homosexuality is not a paraphilia like necrophilia and paedophilia but it is a natural human sexual orientation.
    Homosexuality, heterosexuality and bisexuality are natural sexual orientations found in every human population everywhere.
    Consenting homosexuality is totally unlike necrophilia and paedophilia, children are not considered mature enough to give their consent and it’s obvious that a cadaver cannot give consent.

What an unusual pair of jeans, are they from Petras Gražulis’ own wardobe? did he customise them himself on his mother’s sewing machine?

1. He obviously customises jeans into bum-zip jeans as a hobby, he probably has dozens of various pairs in his wardrobe.
      I can’t help thinking his grasp of anatomy is a bit awry, the zip appears too high to be practical for the use he seems to have had in mind, maybe his own anus is situated very high up above his tail bone or something…freak!

2. Etien de Lamothe-Cassell 15 Nov 2013, 7:55pm

I reported his facebook page.

1. lithuanian 19 Nov 2013, 4:02am

it’s not his Facebook page.

15. Please someone send him back a pair of jeans with a Bible sewn over the arse and another over the crotch at the front.

16. Mumbo Jumbo 15 Nov 2013, 1:39pm

Most people donate their old clothes to Oxfam.

17. alwaysniceman 15 Nov 2013, 1:45pm

What a twat! Lithuania is a part of the Western World. I think he should be deeply ashamed for doing all these things out of spite.

1. He does them out of self-loathing. He projects the ‘revulsion’ he feels at his own suppressed homosexuality onto those who most represent that which he hates most about himself. Why ELSE would he do such weird things? Ask yourself: why do SOME people froth at the mouth about homosexuality while the vast majority of us just live and let live? ‘Show me a homophobe, I’ll show you a closet case’.

18. I keep thinking about Petras Gražulis trying on his hot jeans creation, dressing up in them and bending over to check out his unzipped arse in the mirror, what a crazy creep!

19. Once again we see how a 2000 year old propaganda manual can twist and distort someone’s mind into grotesque and embarrassing contortions of delusion.

20. This guy obviously does not know the meaning of CONSENT or adult, I would not believe it is safe what ever age or sex you are to be alone with this person.
    I could do with a pair of those jeans , useful when going hiking, you know nettles and gorse bushes Ha ha . He is a total moron and dangerous just like some NI politicians I could name. Just like them he does not know his Bibile, Sodom and Gamorah stories refer to inhospitability and abuse of strangers and rape, as is confirmed in later parts of the book.
    Lithuinia is already under notice for violation of the ECHR and has been found guilty by the European Court for its actions the proposed legislation will take their violation into other areas of the convention.

21. Helge Vladimir Tiller 15 Nov 2013, 2:15pm

Does he give diapers with French opening to his own babies as well ?

22. It says more about the person making the accusations mindset if they can only focus on the sexual aspects of relationships be they straight or gay, and have to correlate homosexuality to paedophilia and necrophilia shows a pretty sick mind.

What a pathetic runt of a man.

1. “Me thinks the lady doth protest too loudly” ……

23. I bet he’s modelling a bum zip in his striped business suit pants too, who’d have thought he was such a whizz with a sewing machine though.

24. His wife dumped him a few months age. apparently he barely spoke to her and his 2 children in 10 years. He didn’t even know the names and ages of his children.( aka, family values)

1. Really, he sounds quite a lot like Putin.

2. Totally true, btw. He also forgot to pay for his family home rent, kids college, etc.. :) Real nice family guy.. No one in LT takes him seriously, we even sent him to represent Lithuania at the european council.. he had to sign a document saying he will “respect the european charter of human rights”.. which includes LGBT rights. Dude didn’t even blink.. haha

25. I understand that Lithuania and Greece are the two most backward countries in Europe in terms of treating their LGBT citizens with respect and dignity.

1. If you form this kind of radical, and I let me state, a defamatory view on these countries based only on a person who appears in the news due to his constant controversial actions that are related with all kind of issues, not only homosexuals’ rights, – you, have a limited mind,Sir. One person does not define whole country.

26. To all those people saying kick the anti gay countries out of the EU.. I know you can’t help but feel angry when reading these sorts of stories, but it’s important that we engage with them rather than shun and ostracise them.

We (UK) were once where they all are now, but dialogue eventually won the day.

1. I’d like to add to that.

Lithuania has a land border with Russia and Belarus.
      Russia’s dictator/president is already throwing out the rhetoric about regaining what the former Soviet Union once had, and that includes every square inch of Lithuania, as well as the lives and deaths of it’s citizens.
      Now imagine if we willingly surrendered our LGBT friends in Lithuania to the whims and pleasures of Russian homophobes. We would be just as guilty as the criminals themselves for giving them permission despite knowing exactly what they intend to do.

27. Staircase2 15 Nov 2013, 6:15pm

Bloody idiot

28. I have never met such a homophobic, xenophobic, racist, anti-Semitic, hypocritical bunch of eejits in all my life as the Lithuanians !

Never in my life will I go there again ! They make my blood boil. Fortunately, the LGBT community in Lithuania has expats living in the “Western” EU who are more open and tolerant.

As well as Her Excellency, the President ! Dalia Grybauskaitė ! Vive Dalia ! She will veto the law like she did the last few of them….

(PS: I went out with a Lithuanian hence my I know of their attitudes & culture)

29. Elena from Vilnius 15 Nov 2013, 7:25pm

Lithuanian here and apologising for this mans idiocy. I just want to make sure that everyone reading these comments understand, that even in Lithuania he is perceived just as a moronic populistic politician and his voter fan base is made up only by catholic conservative pensioners. The generation gap is very obvious when talking about LGBT equality everywhere in Eastern Europe, including Lithuania, and liberalism is prevailing between the under 30 generation. Remember how close both geographically as well as culturally the Baltic States are to Scandinavia and give us good 10 years to live through the sexual revolution we were never allowed to have during the soviet occupation. Someone posted a link here to a video where police is handcuffing and taking this man out, while protecting the LGBT pride parade, which shows how different already Lithuania is from Russia, where every day police is beating the minorities and protecting the bigots.

1. Helge Vladimir Tiller 16 Nov 2013, 9:24am

Very important With Your Information, dear Elena! Nuances are needed. Love from Norway to Your People and You !

30. Arthur Weiss 15 Nov 2013, 8:00pm

Too high! This jerk apparently doesn’t know where the asshole is located.

1. Richard Jones 15 Nov 2013, 9:59pm

Exactly my observation before I saw your comment. The zip looks remarkably close to the waistband. Does he even know where his anus is?

31. That There Other David 15 Nov 2013, 10:56pm

This loser will do anything to try and get his name in the papers. What a waste of oxygen and DNA.

32. Мсье знает толк в извращениях!

33. Richard Jones 16 Nov 2013, 12:35am

1. Of course he knows where his anus is, it’s the hole he chooses to talk out of most of the time.

2. He wears these trousers on his head because his anus is between his chin and his nose!

34. To D.McCabe 16 Nov 2013, 7:46am

“Lithuania should be expelled from the EU along with all other nations who do not support LGBT rights.”
    I’m a lesbian from Lithuania. Do you imagine how hard my and all other LGBT people life would be in Lithuania without EU protection?
    Homophobic politicians should be expelled from the EU!!!!

35. I would like to know how he knew where to obtain such a garment in the first place he certainly must have taken time out from bible study to look at things the paedophile priests would not approve of

36. Helge Vladimir Tiller 16 Nov 2013, 3:15pm

Read Elena’s comment !

37. Keith moral educator 16 Nov 2013, 4:05pm

Its not just trousers, its an metaphorical mirror for gays, showing they true image, like picture of Dorian Gray. Glad to see that at least in some countries people, especially they in the politics, are capable to do this.

1. Keith’s head inside a pair of gay men’s jeans would be an accurate representation and metaphor for where his mind is almost permanently at.

38. The Anti-Gay propaganda law is in Lithuania already for 3 years, the situation is totally the same as in Russia, just nobody wants to admit it and see it, Gay people are discriminated, kicked to death, and much more, just nobody does anything about that. I am Lithuanian myself, and i am ashamed of my country, and its people , even a young people in Lithuania hates gays, because everything what is said about LGBT is so wrong :(

39. The title is totally wrong. This politician is pedophobic. He is not afraid of humans