US radio host insists story of homophobic Christian couple was a ‘ruse’ to support ENDA

1. Jock S. Trap 14 Nov 2013, 11:39am

So no Christian would use such foul language.

I take is that also means no Christian would discriminate against another nor show such hatred?

Being that this is all this particular ‘host’ and others alike do… what does that say about them?

Funniest thing is they’ll never get the hypocrisy of there very own statement.

1. I noticed her appeal to the “No True Scotsman” fallacy myself.

I take it she’s never heard of Westbro Baptist Church then?
      You can call them what you like, but asserting that “christians wouldn’t use that type of language” is patently disingenuous.

Fred Phelps wouldn’t self-identify as an atheist or any other religious denomination and chucks about the word ‘fag’ like he’s going cold turkey on a 50 a day habit.

The rest of her argument is based on a groundless assertion, especially given the company she keeps.

2. Mark Greenberg 14 Nov 2013, 12:02pm

This person(not lady) is a crazy person. She is everything I hate in self righteous Christians, They are the reason we no longer go to church. May they all burn in hell.

3. Mark Greenberg 14 Nov 2013, 12:02pm

This person (not lady) is a crazy person. She is everything I hate in self righteous Christians, They are the reason we no longer go to church. May they all burn in hell.

4. So considering the things she says are even more offensive than the things that she doubts this “Christian couple” said, she suggests it was fake and not the views of bigots just like her?

Can this woman become any more ridiculous?

I’m becoming increasingly convinced that in order to be a preaching Christian you are required to have only a double-digit IQ.

1. “!’m becoming increasingly convinced that in order to be a preaching Christian you are required to have only a double-digit IQ.”
      Surely not that high ….?

By definition, you have to be brainwashed.

5. Eaten up with hate.

1. john lyttle 14 Nov 2013, 3:30pm

I would much prefer say, oh, cancer.

6. She doesn’t understand the mindset of fundamentalism.

1. Frank Boulton 17 Nov 2013, 8:21am

Why do they continue to call themselves “fundamentalists”, when the Oxford English Dictionary lists one of the meanings of “fundament” as “buttocks” or “anus”?

2. Frank Boulton 17 Nov 2013, 8:31am

Why do these people continue to call themselves “fundamentalists”, when the Oxford English Dictionary lists one of the meanings of “fundament” as “buttocks” or “anus?”

7. Christopher in Canada 14 Nov 2013, 1:31pm

This just in: A Spherical,Rotating Planet Earth is a Ruse to Provide Satan with a Dark Period in Which to do His Works.

8. Sandy Rios is one of those “Christians” who is operating on nine Commandments — she missed the one about bearing false witness.

9. friday jones 14 Nov 2013, 4:14pm

Nae true Scotsman would ha’e dunnit!

10. Hahaha. She doesn’t think christians are capable of saying such a thing? Has she ever listened to herself? Has she listened to the lovely Bryan Fischer? Get a life, you sad witch. And if I were the waiter, I’d sue her ass for calling me a liar!

11. So what religion does she think the Westboro Baptist Church are….? Their language is also pretty “foul”…

12. Jon (Malaysia) 14 Nov 2013, 5:56pm

Maybe the words of her kind. “So to eat the flesh of our dear son Jesus Christ and to drink his blood. That our bodies may be made clean by his body and our souls washed through his most precious blood” When I was a boy, I spouted off those words endlessly, but when I became a man I listened to them and thought maybe Christians are cannibals? I tried to throw away childish things, but this was so ingrained in me…. I truly understand the concept of transmogrification silly as it must sound to grown men…. Aren’t those words scarier than Nightmare on Elm St. or Friday the 13th type things? And to think that adults give those words to children every day, Poor children of Christian, Islam, Judaism etc.

13. This woman is not a christian as are the couple in the earlier new story.
    1 John 4: 7,8 says Dear Friends, let us love one another , because love is from G-d, and everyone who loves has been born of G-d.and knows G-d. The one who does not love does not know G-d, because G-d is love.
    If they were christian they should read the whole bible and not take verse out of context to show hate.

14. An old, old story.
    ‘Our prejudices are not prejudices and nice people just like us don’t ever act on them and nobody is affected by them and anybody who claims to be harmed by them is just making it up because that’s what those, er, dirty people we don’t like do.’
    In the 1950s a survey in the US found that people who expressed openly bigoted attitudes towards blacks also denied that blacks suffered any discrimination.
    ‘My prejudice is in fact a reasonable belief and so does not harm anybody.’
    These sociopaths should just be sidelined.

15. Christopher Coleman 17 Nov 2013, 11:57pm

And every stupid comment this woman vomits up is not real, of course; it is only a ruse to increase her radio program’s listenership among right wing fundamentalist waxbrains.

Many people use self-deception as a defence against the unpleasant things in life. But this woman and her kind are just plain liars.