Paris Lees makes history as BBC Question Time’s first out trans panellist

1. Go girl! Great to see I will be watching.

2. postopgirl 31 Oct 2013, 6:04pm

I am sure that isn’t correct, I remember an ex armed services soldier who transioned being on many years ago, don’t remember her name though

1. Sinead Harkin 3 Nov 2013, 12:22pm

Could it have been Jan Hamilton?

3. Does Eddie Izzard qualify as Trans?

1. Robert in S. Kensington 1 Nov 2013, 12:26pm

No, he’s an hetero cross dresser, transvestite in older parlance.

1. My first comment on PinkNews is question and I get a thumbs down. OK then.
        Thanks for your reply, Robert.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 1 Nov 2013, 5:38pm

Amy, wasn’t me who thumbed you down, on the contrary.

4. Grayson Perry has also been on there – not transsexual, but self-identifies as a transvestite – who are also part of the transgender umbrella.

5. Any reason she could not wear a poppy?

6. I don’t know why he was on the show at all – I suppose he ticked all the politically correct boxes for the BBC (noticed fellow deviant Chris Y-fronts Bryant was on too – a double whammy…or is that tranny ?) .What next ? – someone who is deluded enough to believe they have changed blood groups and everyone must go along with the Emperors new clothes fantasy (any one who disagrees is branded Haemophobic ) .It’s a mad world .

1. It is possible for your blood group to change as a result of an infection or a liver or bone marrow transplant. I’m going to brand anyone who disagrees a troll with poor typing skills.

2. Sinead Harkin 1 Nov 2013, 10:41am

Get back in the mouldy bacon with the rest of the maggots

3. “Deviant Chris Y-front Bryant”?

Is that like deviant David Y-fronts Beckham?

Do you think there is something deviant about wearing Y-fronts Ray? if so what style of underpants would you prefer they wore Ray?

4. Robert in S. Kensington 1 Nov 2013, 12:29pm

It seems you are the deluded one. Get a life and stop trolling and obsessing by visiting gay sites. Do yourself and us a huge favour and get yourself into long-term psychiatric therapy to deal with that very oppressive self-imposed closet you are living in.

5. Paris Lees is a ‘she’ Ray, not a ‘he’. Just like you’re a s hit, not a hit with us x

1. Robert in S. Kensington 1 Nov 2013, 5:40pm

Nice one!

7. ken wedge 1 Nov 2013, 9:54am

Paris looked fantastic and was fantastic she was the only one that talked any sense the politicians waffled on and the old bird on the other end did not make sense at all
    what got me is how did such a beautiful women no so much about mens stuff

8. I’m amazed. I always watch QT and heard her being introduced as working on behalf of trans people. But whenever she spoke it seemed to me that I was looking at and listening not to a trans person but a female who could have been either straight or lesbian. There was hint of sexual preference. One only had the information from Dimbleby that she worked on behalf of transgender people and that she worked for Gay Times. So if she’s truly transitioned, the transition has been remarkable – even though she clearly wore a thick layer of facial make-up.

As for her contribution. It was a bit weak. A bit “I mean” and a bit “you know” and rather without substance. But she’s so young. Any young person simply having confidence enough to be on that programme with heavyweight politicians and in front of a politically mixed audience deserves praise.

1. - sorry, meant to write “no hint of sexual preference”

9. I didn’t agree with some of the things she was saying, but she came across very well and inspired a lot of conversation. I also didn’t realise she was trans until I was having a rummage round Pink News and saw this article. It’s good to see more transgender people appearing in the media to break down misconceptions.