Rabbi bans students from eating soya in case it leads to increase in gay sex

1. Critical Dragon1177 29 Oct 2013, 6:23pm

So its not that its not just folks at WND that think that eating soy beans makes you gay?

2. I’ve gotten to the point where the only thing I can do is laugh!

3. Guess that’s chocolate off the menu then. ! Ha Ha – these people are insane.

4. I am quite sure the selling of Soya is goingn to increase rapidly now (I will buy A LOT !)

LAUGH !

5. Darren Yehuda 29 Oct 2013, 7:06pm

Just look at how under-populated China and India are!! All that soya!
    I don’t like to call people idiots—but sometimes I can’t find a more fitting word–Oy-Vay!

1. Sometimes, I am embarrassed to be Jewish, but at least I’m not ‘black hat Jewish’ that completing tosses out secular education! I’ll stick to being Reform in the modern world while still embracing my religion and culture. Oy Vay is right.

2. Surely that should be Soy vay?

6. People like this will be around for years I’m afraid. There is still a flat earth society don’t forget. Best ignored.

7. I have a hormonal imbalance – too much testosterone for a female – and I’m not supposed to eat soya as it can make it worse. There was no mention of male infertility in the post – just an increase in sexual arousal – so arguing that high population goes against this is nonsensical.

1. why would eating soy make it worse? that makes absolutely no scientific sense. Soy does not contain testosterone. Nor does it contain oestrogen. in what possible way could eating soy affect your particular problem, and most importantly WHO told you this?

8. I want that lovely plate.

9. white squirrel 29 Oct 2013, 7:42pm

and when the rabbi finds that the ban still does not prevent his gay students from being gay
    what next will he ban?

1. Slightly Camp 30 Oct 2013, 7:09pm

Being gay?

10. white squirrel 29 Oct 2013, 7:47pm

maybe the torah –
    cos if you anagram all the words in that book it produces a gay sex novel
    proving that reading the torah makes you gay
    [ it makes as much sense as saying soya does]

1. If you combine Torah with soya you get something like Toyah, maybe it will result in a generation of Toyah Wilcox clones with no particular talent but with a desperate need to be famous, maybe it’s already happened.

As with the Levite’s, in a couple thousand years people will still be barred from eating soya but by then it will be referred to as unclean and an abomination to God but nobody will remember for what reason.

11. If only soy really had so much female hormone…If ONLY!

12. Dangermouse 29 Oct 2013, 8:57pm

They had better go for oysters then……………….. bugger I forgot eating shell fish is an abomination !

13. I’ve always avoided kosher food. I’ve found it makes me bigoted and irrational.

1. Staircase2 31 Oct 2013, 3:57am

What a ridiculous and anti Semitic thing to say.
      Shame on you…
      I wish commentators on here would learn to focus in the actual subject in question rather than using every excuse to verbalise their chronic prejudices and bigotry

14. How bizarre!

15. how worrying a man like this believe such rubbish – god help us

16. lies,lies,lies

17. how gay is soya sauce? I must stock up with some !

18. Eating soya could lead to an increase in gay sex? Damn I need to get me some

19. There are none more stupid than learned men .

20. Sacre bleu 30 Oct 2013, 9:16am

This proves that nobody should take religious people/officials seriously.

21. Jock S. Trap 30 Oct 2013, 10:06am

I thought the difference between a straight man and a gay man was 6 pints of lager.

Now I just have to cook a rugged man a soy based product? Hmmmm piece of soya with ya eggs and bacon? Don’t think it’ll work somehow,

Nah I’ll stick to the lager, least it’s got flavour!

22. I’m certainly going to try it in the hope of getting more gay sex.

23. .....Paddyswurds 30 Oct 2013, 1:56pm

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid and willfully ignorant people of faith are; but then i realise they have to be to stay faithful to the bullshyte they believe, or rather say they believe, because I thin k a lot of them only claim faith so they can use it to hate on and discriminate of those they don’t like Up until it was not PC anymore, they used it to hate on and discriminate against Black and Brown people as indeed they still do in large parts of the USA ; the “red” states in particular, where ignorance bigotry and theism seem to be endemic.

1. You touch an important point. MANY of the most violently anti-gay bigots are hiding a secret – they are gay and in denial. Why ELSE would they get so worked up about what others do with their lives? They will TELL you, of course, it’s because they are ‘believers’. But why do they select only the anti-gay biblical bits for their attention? There are dozens of other ‘sins’ they could get whipped-up about. But it’s because they have their OWN ‘issues’ about homosexuality that they become obsessed about that one particular biblical ‘abomination’. These people need help … to come to terms with their repressed homosexuality.

24. unfortunately the only thing this story is teaching people is how ignorant people are in general, but in this case it is not religious people. this story was proven to be a hoax report by a fake person. there is no citation or even a source! for all the claims of people loving science and facts, you didnt even look to see if there was any truth to it. the reprinted information all comes from tabloid sites, and goes back to one main hoax-alt named “Shifra Unger,” which in tern that was reposted by a Slate copy editor. such irresponsibility undermines the honest dialogue that we are making without our chassidic communities. there is no reason for such chassidim to come to the table to talk to us when they are being mocked.

1. Heeb is a tabloid site that is slightly above The Onion. Failed Messiah is also a site that is not reliable either, it is notorious shockblog but not a news source. and of course you cant distinguish facts from fiction when you cant even read what someone throws your way! the Hebrew text has no source either, and was posted after the rumor was already spread online! How can you say something is so when you are illiterate in the language and there is no text provided for the “article” just a screen capture from a website (you cant google translate what they didnt offer). even ynet only caught on to this rumor yesterday evening! prior to this the chain of handling in this story was displayed, all the way back to a hoax…. https://medium.com/i-m-h-o/8f7499b69c08

1. Staircase2 31 Oct 2013, 4:01am

If Shmueli is right then it’s high time Pink news started doing better research on subjects before assuming them to be accurate.

They do a disservice to their readers and to the wider community if they publish disinformation as fact…

25. Staircase2 31 Oct 2013, 3:50am

Bloody idiots

26. When I was a boy my rabbi banned me from origami and now I’m married with six children. Just kidding I’m still gay.

27. Do they mean it will bring out ‘latent’ gay tendencies?…lol.

28. Iain Logan 1 Nov 2013, 10:41am

The incredible intellect of the faithful being demonstrated right here….

29. Patrick C Notchtree 1 Nov 2013, 5:03pm

As someone with a dairy allergy, I eat a lot of soya products. Now I know why I am still so horny at 67!

30. I know what I’m having for dinner!

31. The rabbi must’ve heard something like what’s mentioned in this article’s first couple of paragraphs ( http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2004/nov/07/foodanddrink.features7 ) and there are many other similar articles out there: “… aside from research linking soya to reduced male fertility…”

The article makes equally disturbing reading regarding GM, Monsanto, eco-disaster, deforestation, climate change, etc. Since it was from 2004, it’s easy to see how correct it’s been on a number of warnings, not least the toxicity of soya farming in Argentina on the local population…

I only buy organic tofu as a direct product, but apparently it seems impossible to avoid eating it altogether in its modern processed variety (last couple of paragraphs).