US mayor: ‘God is against queers and don’t ram gay marriage down my throat!’

1. Beelzeebub 17 Oct 2013, 3:55pm

It is beyond my understanding as to why people consistently vote in pig ignorant brain addled idiots.

You would have hoped that a modicum of intelligence was required at least to convince people to vote you into power.

Clearly not.

1. Judging by her unintelligible religious ranting and the audience she obviously has in that town, I entirely expect that 250 of those 300 citizens probably can’t read or write to a decent standard.

This is the arse end of the Bible Belt, hick country, redneckville. They probably only need an audible grunt to count it as a vote.

1. “if people want to crucify me that’s fine”

The typical ranting of the member of a death cult. They don’t mind taking the rest of us with them to their Armageddon.

Dangerous fanatics.

2. Hahahaha. The same can be said for the entire state and every state that surrounds it.

2. That’ll be because her electorate are no better than the ignorant religious bigots of Russia. Personally, I think she looks decidedly masculine so porobably is homophobic because of her suppressed same-sex attractions…..

2. RoughRugger 17 Oct 2013, 3:58pm

Why is a bigoted mayor of a town of 300 newsworthy??

1. It’s not, RoughRugger, what might be more interesting to PN readers is that some 40% of the USA’s homeless people identify as LGBT, due mostly to the biggoted über-zealous religious fanatics who unfortunately are their parents and guardians.

1. Helge Vladimir Tiller 17 Oct 2013, 9:06pm

Thank you, KyleF ! Important to bear in mind-

2. It’s called accountability. Gays and their allies bash back!

3. Burn in hell vile bitch !

4. Burn in hell vile creature !

5. Her ‘god’ is a stupid f***ing c**t.

1. Or would be if he existed. But he is not even clever enough to exist, other than in a virus poisoned mind.

1. so true

6. If the population of thisplace is only 300, then I assume this idiot is the result of some pretty serious inbreeding.

1. Probably just one extended family. Like the Phelps family.

1. Mr. Wonderful 17 Oct 2013, 9:48pm

You may very well have hit the nail on the head.

7. I’m constantly puzzled that some people think using “Jesus” in a sentence entitles them to a free pass. Bigots United?

1. Well said! Short, sweet, and the truth.

8. Christopher Kay 17 Oct 2013, 4:25pm

The bitch is here:

let her know what you think

9. David in the O.C. 17 Oct 2013, 4:36pm

So basically this idiot is saying that she doesn’t want to see gay people in her world. Considering that her town only has 300 inbred hicks, I don’t think that’s going to be a problem.

I’m still at a loss as to how these morons don’t know that civil marriage is not the same thing as a church ceremony; and that if a gay couple gets a marriage license, it isn’t “cramming” anything down your throat. I guarantee that this bigoted skank was not invited to the wedding.

10. It’s 2013 FFS! How are religious nutters like her still being elected to positions like this?!

This is an embarrassment to that town, she is humiliating them, abusing her office, ranting nonsense and being a bigot, any SANE group of people would be demanding she step down.

I guess there’s always going to be backward little hellholes in the USA where religious loons like this have the public attention, but I would be totally mortified to have some ranting nutter like this woman representing my town, it’s embarrassing and humiliating.

Do they have no pride at all?

11. perhaps she’s misses somethin’ else “rammed down her throat” and that’s why all the moronic Jezus blabber

12. Well, it’s one way for an ignorant nonentity to get publicity, I suppose.

Somehow I get the feeling it would come as a surprise to this woman that her Jesus was a Middle Eastern Jew. She’s probably of that ilk that believes the Bible was written in English.

13. Robert in S. Kensington 17 Oct 2013, 5:59pm

We’ll glady stop shoving it down their throats if they are prepared to stop shoving their religion down ours for a change. Religion, as Marx so aptly put it, is the opiate of the people, an addiction if you will and an mutable habit for which there is a cure. Society has a right to be free from religion too.

14. Painter R. 17 Oct 2013, 6:20pm

Lady, these ppl are not asking for God’s blessing, just the state’ recognition! Let’s not mix the two up…

15. “All I can say is if people want to crucify me that’s fine. I know that following Jesus, I’m going to be crucified,” Oliver said.”

Oh the martyrdom. Poor woman all she did was express hate against others. Her hatred should be respected because it’s religious you see.

16. Lady, get over it. We exist and have existed since the dawning of time.

17. Mr. Wonderful 17 Oct 2013, 9:46pm

Honey, if you’re against gay marriage, then by all means don’t have one.

NO ONE is forcing you to, you know.

(But I DO love the “ram it down my throat” imagery. Are you SURE you’re not gay?)

18. Well two good pieces of news, Linda. One, no one is going to ram anything down your throat, though some might say that’s a pity, I say YMMV. And I am here to assure you that for the moment at least it is optional, not mandatory, for you to marry any lesbians. Cheers!

19. Colin (London) 18 Oct 2013, 8:16am

her god..what about the other ones!

Religious bigot pure and simple.

Get religion off this planet

20. John Benton 18 Oct 2013, 3:55pm

In a democracy she is entitled to air her opinion just like sane folk.

21. I think her comments about throat-ramming are VERY Freudian. Looking at her, I suspect she’d like a large pair of female breasts stuffed in her mouth. The sexuality of homophobes is ALWAYS deeply suspicious, don’t you think? Even Shakespeare understood the concept of ‘Me Thinks The Lady Doth Protest Too Loudly …’ The bigger the homophobe, the bigger the closet case, in my experience.

1. Yes, I am always very doubtful that homophobes are not self-loathing gays/bisexuals. No man or woman who is truely straight has an obsession with the sexuality of others. Many homophobes are gay/bisexual, think it is something to be ashamed of and want to project their loathing/fear of themselves onto other gays/bisexuals.

1. The psychological community agrees with you heartily!

22. EqualityandLoveNOTHate 19 Oct 2013, 9:33pm

Feel free to contact this hate monger at the information below! >>

Linda Oliver phone number: 864-247-7392
    Linda Oliver email: lindaoliver29696@gmail.com

City phone number: 864-638-9978
    City fax number: 864-638-6593
    City email: town_department@bellsouth.net

Council Member Dan Cappelen 316 Dutchfork Road (864-638-5332)
    Council Member Wanda Harden 820 Anderson St (864-638-5280)
    Council Member Sharon Zimmerman 426 B East Main St (864-280-0141)
    Council Member Bethany Peay 135 Shroder St (No phone)

Also, this town has 3 prominent businesses located there: Redbox, Family Dollar, Save-a-lot.

Contact these businesses and post on their page and ask them how they feel about this mayor’s hateful rant and whether as a business they support this city mayor.

23. I think our own great country of Great Britain should seriously distance ourselves from the United States as there are too many of these Bible-bashing nutters. I do love her stupid and inane comments. If ‘God’ is against ‘queers’ and bisexuals then why the hell did he go to all the trouble of creating them?

DUH! Answer that one, rednecks!

24. Richard the Big Bunny 21 Oct 2013, 8:58pm

Could all the lesbians aggressively queueing up outside Miss Oliver’s door with marriage proposals please go away! Her fanny belongs to Jesus. Thank you.

25. One will always run the risk of having it “rammed down the throat” when one persistently noses unwelcomed into other’s bedrooms.

26. ………she’s obviously an actor, is she? Or else if she actually believes this she ought to be burnt at the stake!!

27. lady tanya 29 Oct 2013, 2:27pm

there is no god it was invented to keep people under control and look what it has done to the world