BBC Nolan viewer: I would rather die than take a blood transfusion from a gay person

1. Good! because I wouldn’t give a homophobe and a fascist any of my blood.

1. Mike Jones 18 Oct 2013, 4:55pm

Well said Bob.

2. Responses to that one are just too easy.

1. Christopher Hobe Morrison 18 Oct 2013, 5:06am

Everything I could say has already been said.

3. Yup, I would stand by – being the only person who could donate blood to you – and giggle and laugh and point while you lay there dying :) ….. you reap what you sow

4. We’re even. I’d rather die than give my gay blood to a heterosupremist.

5. PantoHorse 17 Oct 2013, 9:24pm

My immediate response is ‘then to his grave he must go’, but that doesn’t help anyone.

What makes me sad about comments like this is the lack of education, and, even when it’s available, the willful ignorance. My Dad is a classic example of this as, even in spite of his full support for me, he comes out with this kind of nonsense at times.

I try, and I try hard, but he’s someone who has accepted some ‘known facts’, that have no basis in truth at all.

Comments like this come from this ilk of person – those whose ‘known facts’ and obstinacy obliterate any kind of reasoning.

6. If the Northern Irish bigot needed blood and you were the only donor there …..
    Which restaurant would you prefer to join me for lunch in? :-)

7. Well, we can all resort to insulting stereotypes can’t we? But I won’t lower myself to the level of this homophobic ignoramous. If he has kids, would he let THEM die too? Would he let them be treated by a gay doctor? His attitude perfectly exemplifies what religious brainwashing does to someone. Never mind ‘gay cures’. The world needs a programme to de-religiousize vile bigots like him.

8. Sounds like “Big G” has some insecurity issues to deal with

9. Good for you, because you won’t get any of my precious gay blood. ;)

10. Fine – let him die. Darwinianism in action, one could say.

[PN: isn’t “texted” the past participle of “text”?

1. I like Darwinianism very much, because it’s fun and makes me smile. Think it’s Darwinism, tho ;)

Although, I would be very much in favour of Darwinwinwinianism :D

1. You got me!

11. England still has a ban:
    “Men who have not had sex with another man in the past 12 months”
    useless change by useless people

12. Mumbo Jumbo 17 Oct 2013, 10:20pm

“….I would rather go to my grave than receive blood from a gay man….”

And I’d be happy to dig it for you.

1. Christopher Coleman 18 Oct 2013, 8:27pm

Don’t bother with digging a grave. Go off and have a good beer and leave him to the vultures.

13. And as a Cardiologist I would not help you.

NHS and Private.

14. Pink News, ever hear of proofreading? Try it, because ‘have’ is not spelt ‘havew’ ;)

15. That There Other David 17 Oct 2013, 11:14pm

LOL. All very easy to say until the moment you actually need it.

Personally I’d still give him my perfectly good O-negative if he wanted it. Not that I’m in a position to donate anyway, if you know what I’m saying.

16. Great, one less bigot. Besides I would rather my blood be poured down the drain than given to a bigot.

17. Well many Southerners said the same thing in WW2, but in fact, they lived through transfusions of blood from Black men. As to this fellow, well, if you insist…that is your choice, Since many gay men are in the closet you should simply refuse all transfusions to be safe. Oh did you mean to include Lesbians?

18. Big G should be given blood from a gay source as it will make him gay too!

19. Goodbye then.

1. Keith in SALFORD 18 Oct 2013, 5:06am

…and send us a postcard, loser..!

Talk’s cheap and life’s sweet.

I hope you don’t ever have cause to know the meaning of those two soundbites, BIG G.

Keith
      SALFORD

20. Christopher Hobe Morrison 18 Oct 2013, 5:08am

I would say something but it’s all been said.

21. Regarding blood transfusions…
    How many hospitals are in the practice of informing every transfusion patient who comes through their doors which minority group it was from?
    And would they volunteer said information if asked?
    “Oh you wouldn’t want this batch, it’s gay/ black/ jewish” (delete as a appropriate) isn’t a conversation I could imagine taking place in any hospital I’ve visited.

I didn’t think transfusions come as an a la carte menu unless you refuse them entirely.

22. Oooh! Ooh! Look what this random internet troll said.

Amazing reporting, Pink “News.”

23. I would rather die than have the blood of any person put in me.

1. That There Other David 18 Oct 2013, 10:50am

Unless you’re not human yourself you’re onto a loser with that strategy.

2. Are you from that weird religious sect who’d rather let their child die than be saved by a transfusion? How disgustingly selfish is that? Imposing a death sentence on a child because of YOUR beliefs …?

24. Funny that.

I would rather you die than offer it.

25. I suffer from blood clots and DVT.

I would be more than happy to give you my blood.

26. I dont understand how this text was given life. Its just a horrible way to stir up hate. Why on earth did Nolan allow it?
    Maybe I am missing something, I just feel it helps the bigots rather than promotes tolerance. Sorry this is not my normal website:)

1. The only thing Stephen Nolan does on his TV and Radio shows is to stir people up.

27. This is bizarre, but frankly, not too surprising stuff.
    Having watched Stephen Fry’s latest documentaries on Homophobia around the world and the ignorance that abounds in their “arguments,” it’s no shock to hear that there are still people in “civilized,” 1st world countries who can’t get their head round things..
    Fortunately, I still think that the advances made in the last 20/30 years, heavily outweigh this sort of nonsense.
    But, as Fry said, we still need to be vigilant..the advances haven’t happened by accident and we’d do well to remember that.

28. Jock S. Trap 18 Oct 2013, 12:11pm

Ignorance and his choice but one question… how is he going to know? They aren’t exactly going to label the blood.

It’s pathetic, dangerous and completely shameful.

29. Let him (go to his grave)!

30. Meh, bye then.

31. Good, problem sorted then. On your deathbed remember to walk towards the light and wear something cool because I figure where you’re going its going to be very hot!

32. They ain’t getting any of mine either. To change the rules on our donationsjust to suit their lack of blood is not a good enough reason to start giving my blood now anyway. This idiot has just confirmed my decision.

33. Fine, let him. And soon!

34. ..and so you shall—go to your grave—twit.

35. John A. Leopard 18 Oct 2013, 4:50pm

There used to be a comedian/writer in Atlanta who bragged about his hatred of homosexuals. He had a heart condition and also bragged about his doctor saving him a couple of times. Someone pointed out to him that his doctor was Gay, so he switched doctors and he died when he had his next heart attack.

36. Good, I wouldn’t piss on her to save her if she was on fire.

37. I would say I hope she dies, but people like that want a response, whether its good or bad.

To be honest if she died, considering her attitude towards gay people, I cant imagine her family like her very much because she must be a hard person to live with.

She’ll be dead within 20 years :)

38. Robert in S. Kensington 18 Oct 2013, 5:37pm

Imagine a world where gay people possessed a natural substance in their bodies to eradicate cancer and other chronic life-threatening illnesses. We’d all be millionaires as pharmaceutical companies would be clamouring to get it from us for general distribution. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to deny this bigot a cure.

If I were a doctor, I’d break the law and refuse to treat him. At least I would go to my grave contented man happy in the knowledge that I’d not helped a bigot.

39. Inis Magrath 18 Oct 2013, 6:59pm

Of course you don’t want gay blood because then YOU’LL have the gay too. BTW — I’m guessing that the texter’s name, “Big G” stands for “Big Gay.”

40. I loved every comment.

41. Better to accept a blood transfusion from an openly honest gay man who practices safe sex than from a dishonest homosex-on-the-sly-where-he-can-get-it married homophobe. Gay sex is no more inherently dangerous than hetero sex; it’s the level of precaution one takes that matters.

42. Cade in Aus 25 Oct 2013, 2:30am

In response to the viewer “I would never offer it to you.”

They’re an obvious troll anyway. Hardly worth news.

43. traditionalist 29 Oct 2013, 2:48pm

hooray hooray no gay blood or marriage today hahahahahahaha please stop with the “oppressed victim” card its getting old! its not an issue of equality you have the same equality as everyone else under the human right legislation! what you are trying to do is change the whole sanctity of marriage! and fascism? well you people should know more about fascism that anyone after all anyone who disagrees with you are either “bigots” or “fascist” wise up! you are a MINORITY realise that! you are a very very small percentage of people trying to enforce your will on the majority of moral people in this country! do Christians not have the right to stand up for their own beliefs? or is that “homophobia” sounds like fascism to me no one can have an opinion if it doesn’t fit in to your aggressive gay agenda! we have a democracy and the people have spoken TWICE!! I encourage you to read the bible Leviticus 20:13 ect I will pray for you people!

1. Tradition and superstition, two really bad reasons for refusing to change your beliefs and your behaviour.
      Divorce changed the whole sanctity of marriage long ago pal.

2. Leviticus… Really? The part of the bible that condemns selling Israelites as slaves but says anyone else is fair game? The part of the bible that bans beard trimming, mixed fabrics, seafood, working on the sabbath and says that blasphemy should be punished by stoning to death? If you seriously think that backward, barbaric nonsense is relevant today you need to go and have a word with yourself.

44. Then Perish.. simple

45. Ben Foster 17 Nov 2013, 7:42pm

Fortunately for everyone, blood is stored according to blood type not sex, age, race, creed or sexual orientation of the donor. The gay blood is all mixed up with the Catholic blood and the non-cauxasion blood and the bigots an racists don’t know what they’re getting.

1. caucasian even. Not sure what happened to my spelling there!