Eminem’s new single ‘Rap God’ condemned for its homophobic lyrics

1. “I’ll still be able to break a motherfuckin’ table
    Over the back of a couple of faggots and crack it in half.”

“You fags think it’s all a game
    ’til I walk a flock of flames
    Off of planking, tell me what in the fuck are you thinking?
    Little gay looking boy
    So gay I can barely say it with a straight face looking boy.”

UTTERLY REPUGNANT. UTTERLY UNACCEPTABLE.

And utterly IDIOTIC and BRAIN-DEAD lyrics.

2. “I’ll still be able to break a motherf*ckin’ table
    Over the back of a couple of f*ggots and crack it in half.”

“You f*gs think it’s all a game
    ’til I walk a flock of flames
    Off of planking, tell me what in the f*ck are you thinking?
    Little gay looking boy
    So gay I can barely say it with a straight face looking boy.”

UTTERLY REPUGNANT. UTTERLY UNACCEPTABLE.

And utterly IDIOTIC and BRAIN-DEAD lyrics.

1. Eminem’s lyrics transposed from homophobic ones to racist ones

“I’ll still be able to break a motherf*ckin’ table
      Over the back of a couple of n***ers and crack it in half.”
      “You w*gs think it’s all a game
      ’til I walk a flock of flames
      Off of planking, tell me what in the f*ck are you thinking?
      Little bl**k looking boy
      So bl**k I can barely say it with a white face looking boy.”

3. UTTERLY REPUGNANT.

UTTERLY UNACCEPTABLE.

And utterly IDIOTIC and BRAIN-DEAD lyrics.

1. Sorry for the three occurrences above. The first two did not immediately show, so I presumed the software was saying “No!” to the vulgarity of Eminem’s pathetic lyrics.

4. Brett Gibson 16 Oct 2013, 3:19pm

Umm someone get Elton on the phone – the gay guy who helped him through rehab.

He’s always had homophobic lyrics, I have a feeling someone is a closet bisexual.

5. I might be offended if any of it made any sense or resembled English in any way.

6. Theron K Cal 16 Oct 2013, 3:26pm

*YAAAAWWWWNNN*

I am outraged!

7. When will people learn? Eminem is a sell-out, just like all the other bullsh*t “artists” out there in the music business. They say and do what they need to, to court the right audience.

They’re no different to politicians saying one thing to one audience, and something else to another. They will say and do anything to make money and have absolutely no moral or ethical stance on anything – unless it’s going to gain them profit.

Gwen Stefani preaches about tolerance and is some kind of “gay icon” wannabe, making t-shirts to SELL for gay rights and promoting her bullsh*t on the Ellen show, while writing and producing music involving VIOLENTLY HOMOPHOBIC Jamaican “artists” who have actively called for the burning to death of gay people!

Eminem is just like so many others in the business, they’d sell their kids down the river if it meant another million $’s in the bank.

8. its not acceptable change the faggot to the n word or Jew and it would not receive any airplay it makes me sick that gay people can be abused in this way

1. Campaigners will happily fight against racism, anti-Semitism, etc. But, where homosexuality is involved, they go strangely quiet. We appear to be mainly on our own when it comes to fighting for gay rights. Why is that? Is the negative ‘stigma’ of being gay still so strong that heterosexual people just cannot bring themselves to be seen, publicly, aligning themselves with us for fear of being branded gay?

2. Theron K Cal 16 Oct 2013, 3:49pm

If it was changed to the n word it would make it to #1!

1. Um yes it would go to #1 if it was changed to the n word.

9. And to think he was in the news just last week, so emotional about his teen daughter being elected prom queen or something at her school. ‘I’m a father before anything else,’ the guy stated, or words to that effect. I wonder if he’d still spew his ignorant words if his daughter told him one day: “Dad. I’m gay.”

1. I, for one, am praying for THAT day! Hahaha. Mind you, the day it happens, he’ll probably confess to her that he’s gay too! Only closet cases are as obsessed as he is with homosexuality.

10. Colin (London) 16 Oct 2013, 3:40pm

The guy may have money and an audience but as to being a decent human being….he has a very long way to go.

Look closely at the man and you will see his worth. I feel sorry for his family.

More human scum.

11. “Little gay looking boy / So gay I can barely say it with a straight face looking boy”.
    I think he’s talking about himself, isn’t he? “Show me a homophobe – I’ll show you a closet case”. It’s sad how has-beens (and, in some cases, never-beens) do things to attract publicity…..

12. ”Someone shoot the f’~ker dead” – my lyrics to his demise

another great example of modern ‘entertainment’ applauding moronic ignorance and plain stupidity

13. A lot of people have already said that its about the audiance and thats who he’s going to appeal to all the time, but maybe at the same time people need to remember that a word is just that, a word. Its meaning can change a thousand times, depending on who is using it, so in the end its you who gives it the power to hurt. People who hurt others do it for the shock, to see you hurt or angry, so why give them the joy? What makes the word powerful? People do. Fear of a word makes it powerful. Pretending a word can define or offend a group of people, that’s what makes it powerful, that’s what will keep the wrong people using it to make you hurt. Instead just shake your head, decide its childish, and buy someone else’s music. No reason for outrage, just move on. Outrage makes him famous.

14. In the past I overlooked his lyrics. Not anymore. Someone wake Eminem up and tell him that hate isn’t cool anymore. Marshall you aren’t 20 anymore. Time to grow up.

15. Robert in S. Kensington 16 Oct 2013, 4:02pm

That this imbecile can’t equate an insult with a slur speaks volumes. Replace ‘fag’ with another offensive slur against an ethnic group or religious bigot, there would be public uproar. When we lambast the use of anti-gay slurs we’re accused of, in Sir Gerald Howarth’s terminology, of being ‘aggressive’ gays.

16. moan moan moannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

he is not homophobic, he is very pro gay rights, its a songm nothing more, people need to grow up, and move on for god sake, if you want to cry at every single thing like this you may as well hide under a rock again.

17. “I didn’t mean it in that way therefore it’s your fault for being offended.”

LOL.

18. Poenaru Brindusa-Katalin 16 Oct 2013, 5:13pm

I think Eminem should grow up; it’s about time. This is a shameless homophobic slur and he should be held responsible for it. I will not listen to his music aqnymore, just like I lost my apetite to read Orson Scott Card anymore. But I am angry about both of them for abusing people with their WORDS and thoughts widely expressed. Eminem should learn responsibility and he should be ashamed.

19. Come on guys, this w*nker’s career is fading fast. This homophobia is him trying desperately to revive his fortunes by trying to offend. He’s like the kid at the table trying to shock his elders.

Ignore him

1. Black & Gay 17 Oct 2013, 7:15pm

that where your wrong hes not fading at all, infact with his new album hes growing, hes regarded as the best rapper alive, so to ignore him is the worst possible thing to do if this truly offends you

20. Is anyone really surprised? I’ve heard people talk about his brilliance as an artist, all I see is lazy provocation designed to generate a reaction. He can write homophobic and misogynist lyrics because no one will stand up to him. If his slurs were racial it would be a completely different story.

21. What’s not acceptable is that Pink News is giving this witless donkey publicity.

1. But don’t you think it’s important to ‘know the enemy’ and to have knowledge of what they’re up to? Had the world better understood Hitler’s plans for the Jews, perhaps the holocaust could have been prevented …..

2. Harry, might agree its better to ignore if this came from some blogger or YouTube muppet that about a dozen people have heard of, but Eminem is a hugely successful pop star. Perfectly newsworthy.

22. Strange how we never hear ‘him’ & his type use Nigger, Wog or Paki…but then he’d get his face smashed in & his recording contract ripped up and of course no air play on the very selectively politically-correct BBC. His cowardly hypocrisy REVOLTS me.

1. Exactly, seeing as he keeps on saying he doesn’t give a f**k who he offends.

23. (uneducated) heterosexual white boy uses derogatory words (to get publicity – thanks PN for giving him what he wants) that denigrate and marginalise minorities and doesn’t understand why that’s not a good thing. Duhhhhhh. He’s as stupid as Homer Simpson, except Homer Simpson usually learns from his mistakes by the end of the episode, whereas M+M just carries on being a stupid cvnt.

I know it’s rap, or as Kanye West now thinks they are rock stars, not rap stars, but it’s all cheesy chronic brainless McDonalds pop music, and 99.9% of pop music is just so crap. It’s like being fed horse shlt.

24. Music is one of the media; one that can be used for the greater good or as merely a tool to pad one’s bank account, regardless of the bodies one leaves behind in the process. That said, we can consider Eminem just another of the media whores. And like any whore, his career reached its apex some time ago and is now headed toward its sunset so like all aging whores, he now has to rely on shock value to keep himself in the limelight. Where he once raked in big bucks, he now has to scramble, like a worn out doxy. Toss him a quarter and tell him to be on his way, like the two bit whore he is.

1. He gives us ho’s a bad name! ;-)

25. Rap is crap.

26. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-otAJrtY-w

Isn’t there some rhetorical approach to the way words are concieved or understood by people? Things may mean different things to different people.

27. www.unitedbisexualsofamerica.com 17 Oct 2013, 12:55am

he was raze with hate it is the only thing he knows

28. Christopher in Canada 17 Oct 2013, 1:14am

People wonder why I still listen to Disco… in many ways, 1979 was a better time…

29. Who cares? It’s a crap song.

30. Reading the lyrics as shown in the article make them seem very homophobic.

I Googled for the full lyrics. The song is about his alter ego Sllim Shady, and the remarks are made to him from outsiders. They are not directed at the gay community, but used against Slim Shady. As were the lyrics of his song from 2010.

Slim Shady is seen as being gay as he “looks” gay and the song is about him.

The words are homophobic but they’re directed at Slim Shady not the community at large.

31. Eminem the rap god 17 Oct 2013, 10:13am

Woops, I’m in the wrong website, so many haters here, or should I say– faggots, chillax goddamn it it’s just an insult, Nothing to do with your sexuality.

1. I would like to see Eminem write a song about the slave trade, use the N-word throughout, then see how that is taken as “just an insult”.

32. So basically the same playground-abuse, moron-pleasing tactics that he was using nearly a decade-and-a-half ago to put himself on the map. Sometimes it works when artists return to their roots but at other times it just highlights a stagnant mind-set and how dry the creative well is running.

33. It’s interesting how differently music is viewed compared to visual mediums.
    I love watching horror movies, am fascinated by the darker side of human nature…but I don’t assume that those who make such films are evil or condoning murderous or violent behaviour.
    As abhorrent as such things are, there’s still an element of pleasure in exploring the dark side that’s within us all.
    It’s become pretty clear over the years that Eminem’s rapping doesn’t reflect his true beliefs…he couldn’t function in society if he really believed all the violent, hateful things he says.
    But why do we assume that he must mean them? Is it because music is more of a personal thing? That we expect lyrics to reflect the reality of the singer? That’s an odd idea when you think about it.
    For me, and hopefully many others, listening to his music is a safe interraction with the dark side of human nature. It doesn’t make him or us dangerous or vile. More vile is wishing death on him. Tolerance works both ways.

34. I interest me when a song like this gets people all bothered. All it does is bring more attention to the artist and in turn he gets additional press time, which is more sales.

I completely support the gay community. I also like Eminem, including his new song “Rap God”. Listening to it did not make me hate gay people, nor did it change my views on gay rights. If anything, the only dis-like I’m getting from the song is the backlash from a community because they do not agree with his lyrics.

If you do not like the song, simply do not buy it or listen to it. Believe it or not, there will be songs I dislike that people who hate Eminem love. I do not go cherry-picking lyrics out of their songs and try to make the person look bad. Instead I move on and do not care.

35. Tnx EMINEM
    You r the BEST

36. Jman. Thats just it! We DO care! If those lyrics had been aimed at the black, hispanic, jewish or any other community they would had ripped that homophobic idiot to bits! But some people still think they can treat the LGBT community like crap on their shoe and get away with it. NO THEY CAN’T. Have contacted RADIO 1 via Scott Mills on this. This has to be boycotted.

37. You people who are all feeding into it are doing exactly as he wants, and it makes me laugh. This is the MMLP 2, he’s died his hair back blonde and starting up again with his slim shady controversy over his lyrics. Remember back in 2000? So much controversy over “criminal” and “I’m back” among others. History is just repeating itself which proves that he can still get a reaction out of you people who are all butthurt over this. Guess he’s still smarter than the average bear huh? Oh, by the way, I’ll be buying his album on day one:)

38. Inis Magrath 18 Oct 2013, 7:02pm

Eminem is gay. That much is clear. Someday I hope he finds the inner strength to come out of the closet.

39. Eminem is becoming desperate, irrelevant and out of touch, he’ll be resorting to showing his bum on stage to get attention next, you mark my words!

40. Eminem shows his ass at concert

41. It seems that gay men have started a witch hunt on heteros, churches, and everything bad is said about gay people. Sorry, but I just call this pathetic. The hatred towards gay people will therefore grow.

42. Awww… go on!
    Show us your ass like Eminem RJSeeker, you know you want to.

43. soapbubblequeen 22 Oct 2013, 5:17pm

The “Enema” as I term him is an extremely bad influence on young kids and teenagers, and I would argue his lyrics create a culture in which homophobia is somehow casually acceptable. And don’t tell me that the ‘yoof’ of today can appreciate that he’s using the word ‘”faggot” ironically. Most of them don’t know how to spell irony, let alone understand the meaning of the word.

As an example, a 15 year old teenage girl I knew once used the word “faggot” and I brought her up short on it. She tried to say that she didn’t know it was an offensive and derogatory term, but I didn’t believe her. She liked the Enema.

44. I have actually listened to this and can say that Eminem does use the n word as in Ni**er. People who think that he only attacks the LGBT community (as we know, there are no LGBT people who are non-white which is why people are angry that he attacks LGBT people) should feel better now.