‘In an ideal society we would punish homosexuals’, says Islamic cleric in BBC interview

1. Brett Gibson 15 Oct 2013, 12:57pm

In most Brits’ ideal world there would be no muslims….

1. In an ideal state there would be no religion at all

2. You mean they would be killed off (like in Srebrenica), or there would never be a religion to begin with?

Put Jews instead of Muslims and see how it sounds.

1. (I think he means Islam as an ideology, not brown people)

3. Staircase2 15 Oct 2013, 4:11pm

Shocking islamophobia as per usual on Pink News comments boards.

Tommy Robinson may well have left, but the EDL is clearly alive and kicking among those misguided bigots who post on here any time any article mentions ‘Muslim’ or ‘Africa’…

…shameful

Deal with the man’s idiocy, don’t suggest it’s acceptable or reasonable to punish every single person who shares his culture or religion…

1. Exactly. They would even punish the gay Muslim who confronted this guy.

2. Nothing stopping him then from going back to wherever the heck he came from in the middle east where his wish would be easily granted but no no he continues to stay here and complain instead…. I swear why do we allow such waste of air to spew their stupidness.

1. Paul Halsall 20 Oct 2013, 11:27am

He sounded like he came from Luton.

3. You are right. But the problem is that almost all people of his culture and religion are homophobes. They only vary in their willingness to make their thoughts and views real. To practice them on gay people.
        All religions are homophobic. The worst among them Islam. That s a fact.

4. Piss of with the EDL cr@p.

I’m Scottish and not interested in such clans.

1. Brett Gibson 16 Oct 2013, 1:00pm

What EDL crap?

And no one cares about Scotland or that you’re scottish (YAWN).

5. Really? The guy says openly that in his ideal world all gays would be murdered through the operation of his religion, and you have the gall to talk about “anti-Islamism?”

1. He didn’t mention “anti-Islamism” did he? He mentioned Islamophobia. Islamophobia is well-understood to mean hatred of muslims, a group who like most people are a heterogenous bunch who do not all think and behave alike.

4. I definitely agree !

5. Paul (Canada) 16 Oct 2013, 3:20am

Above us only sky

6. Religion is an obsessive compulsive disorder. it gets embedded in the subconsciousness by constant propaganda especially when one is young and doesnt have the life experiences to say BS

The point about the subconscious is it controls your emotions / mind usally through fear eg hell, but you dont feel the fear emotion

the sooner the scurge of humanty s gone from the planet the better, though there are reall good religions but people count they arre in the minority.

7. The problem is endemic. A 2007 survey of British muslims show that 61% to 70% want gay people “punished”. A 2009 survey of British muslims showed that 99.5% of British muslims have no tolerance for homosexuality.

Muslim organisations in Britain have been saying “kill gays” for 25 years.

This particular muslim is considered “moderate”, and his mosque received funding from the government for being moderate.

8. Certainly in a pervert society….ideally no Muslim would live around.

2. If Abdul Qadeer Baksh wants to live in an ‘ideal’ Islamic state, then I suggest he moves to one.

I grew up in Luton and it used to be a nice town.

Now, I would not dare set foot in Bury Park, which is central and has a large concentration is Muslims. It is pretty much a no go area for many Lutonians.

3. Jon (Malaysia) 15 Oct 2013, 1:10pm

A religion that requires laws to enforce its practice and belief is the most silly. The rest are just simply stupid.

1. Jock S. Trap 15 Oct 2013, 1:36pm

Exactly.

And lets just say this country did become Muslim would they be happy no, look at Iraq. They kill each other for being the “wrong” kind of muslim.

Not all but most are about ignorance and violence and serve no interest in British society

1. Voice of Reason 15 Oct 2013, 4:49pm

Iraq was fine and fairly stable until WE invaded illegally resulting in violence along sectarian lines.

As for Saddam’s gassing of the Kurds, he wouldn’t have been able to do that if the West had not supplied him with chemical weapons and then turned a blind eye.

You’re a fine one to talk about ignorance!

1. To call it fine is ridiculous, it was highly despotic and oppressive. That said, as you rightly say life for most people (the live ones, not the ~1 million we killed) was safer and more stable even under Saddam and our horrendous sanctions.

2. Christopher in Canada 16 Oct 2013, 2:02am

Hmmm – it wasn’t that long ago that you could be killed for being the “wrong” kind of Christian. How many generations? Not that many.

1. Paul (Canada) 16 Oct 2013, 3:25am

One generation (maybe 0.75). Of course, if no religions existed we wouldn’t have irrationality as an excuse to kill each other. Instead we’d rely on flimsy excuses that would be much easier to rip apart under self-scrutiny.

1. You’re right. Hitler (and latterly, Putin) cynically used religion to further their own political agenda. It seems significant that in countries which have left their childish religious belief behind in the nursery, along with Peter Pan and The Tooth Fairy, there has been a marked reduction in the desire to fight. Religion divides; ‘My God Is Better Than Your God – nar-nar-na-nar-nar’. Education is also vital. It’s why the Taliban (and previously, The Catholic Church) wanted to keep their people ignorant. If the people start to question … they may challenge. Religion can’t abide that. So education is the key to freeing the people from oppression of all kinds.

2. In Northern Ireland <1

4. Beelzeebub 15 Oct 2013, 1:18pm

In an ideal world we would have no religion and throw dangerous bigots like you off cliffs to preserve the peace.

1. Because nothing says tolerance like throwing people with dissenting opinions off cliffs.

Twat.

1. Staircase2 15 Oct 2013, 4:12pm

Well said

2. LOL well that escalated quickly

3. It is alluding to what these people do to gays in Iraq/Iran.

Or is extrapolation beyond your idiocy.

1. Thanks for the reply. I’m glad that you don’t believe in killing people to “preserve the peace”, but given the nature and vitriol of much of the rhetoric in these comments I don’t think my failure to correctly infer what you were alluding to (especially since as far as I’m aware those aren’t methods of execution for homosexuality in Iran or Iraq) is a mark of “idiocy”.

4. I thought they pushed walls on us which crushed us to death? Or is that some other ‘sin’?

1. I thought that was more of a Taliban/militia thing that occurs in Afghanistan/Somalia. I suppose it’s possible that its taking place in post-invasion Iraq? Not aware of it in Iran.

5. So saying gay people should be killed is just ‘a dissenting opinion’?

You are scum.

5. Ben Grimes 15 Oct 2013, 1:18pm

Even Tommy Robinson is outraged by his comments. Why are these hate filled fascists allowed to spew this vile rhetoric? If I went on the radio and said, “in an ideal world, all muslims would be gay”, there would be a public outcry. If this man doesn’t like the way LGB and trans people are treated here, feel free to move to an Islamic state, where the “ideal” way of life is lived. There are plenty around. You are not welcome here.

1. Tommy Robinson is on record in other interviews stating that he not only supported gay rights, but also gay marriage. EDL has had visible gay supporters and placards on its demos back to 2009. Just the media deliberately edit them out of photos/videos.

6. Well mate it’s not an “ideal”society as you would like ,its a British society you’re living in ; were a tolerant people but don’t take kindly to being told how to rule our lives, you’re more than welcome to take yourself , kith , kin, and baggage to any ideal Muslim state you wish . May I suggest a few ? Iran , Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Somalia Iraq , or any other third world Muslim anus of a country you can think of , more than happy to pack your bags and pay your taxi fare to the airport
    Thought not…..

1. well said – tolerance is one thing but we don’t have to accept that religious fanatics re-arrange society!!!

1. patricia crowe 16 Oct 2013, 12:15pm

How dare these Fanatical HATE PREACHERS think they can change a Anglo-Saxon land in 2 something that resembles a concentration camp

7. Did the interviewer let him get away with it? I hope he put the counter case that an ideal world would not encourage barbaric fantasist mind-controlling cults such as his.

1. Why don’t you listen to the radio clip and find out for yourself.

8. I think this guy should go and live in a islamic country and stop preaching his hatred on british soil.

9. So you leave an islamic state, citing the better quality of life in the UK and then you want to convert the UK into an Islamic state. Why not just go back to an Islamic state. What made Britain great was it that we aren’t governed by a religious belief…

10. In my ideal world bigots using religion to spread a message of hate would not exist, whatever religion they come from.

1. Very well put.

11. Jock S. Trap 15 Oct 2013, 1:34pm

I said it before and I’ll say it again… whether white, black, asian, christian, Muslim, Catholic whatever… if you don’t like it here, if it’s not “ideal” to you then this is a free country… You can move and if you don’t like it go.

Go somewhere you are happy to be and leave the rest of us alone to get on with our freedoms.

1. I believe in a republic. Does that mean I should move to one, or do I get to campaign for one in the country I was born and have always lived in?

Genuine question – if your attitude is “If you don’t like it then leave”, then presumably you’d be happy for all the people in the world who would like to live in Britain to be able to just come over, right?

1. I find it quite frustrating when people disagree (which the thumb-downers presumably do) but don’t address the argument which so far none of you have. I can handle disagreement or being unpopular, but I’d like to know what you’re disagreeing with – how do you expect me to see the light if you won’t point out what you think I’ve got wrong?

This is habitual, it’s happened on so many topics. I mean if I’d posted something obviously racist or something, I’d expect thumbs-down (I’d also expect a line of insults). But I don’t understand why people disagree with what I think is a fairly reasonable point but don’t want to set me straight.

1. Your comparison is similar to comparing a diamond to coal……

Living in a republic wouldn’t change the laws of the land, you would still have the same freedom you have now.

Living in an Islamic state would completely change all the laws of the land, all of your freedoms would be taken away from you.

There’s a big difference in wanting to live in a republic and wanting to live in an islamic state. Get some perspective.

btw, I didn’t thumb you down. And why would you bothered (frustrated) if someone did?

1. What frustrates me is that people are expressing superficial disapproval without bothering to engage with the arguments. What element are they disagreeing with? They should at least have the courage to voice their opinions. I’m not afraid to be told I’m wrong, they shouldn’t be either.

On the substance of your argument, living in a republic very much would change the laws of the land, because it would mean that the head of state could be an elected position open to every person, not just those of a specific bloodline. It would be a hugely important rejection of elitism and snobbery. It would bring meaningful democratic oversight to our country.

More crucially, my point was to illustrate that in any free society there is dissent on what that society should be. Perhaps a more relatable example: why did we need gay marriage in this country? Spain already had it, if we wanted it too we could just leave and go to Spain, right?

Many campaigned for gay marriage because they want it here, not just in Spain. And like it or not, people who want for example harsh sharia laws also want that here, not just in Saudi Arabia. Are they wrong? I think so. But argue the substance of the matter, don’t just tell them to leave.

I repeat the question – in order to be consistent surely anyone who believes that people who want to live in a Saudi-style society should move to Saudi Arabia should also believe that anyone who wants to live in a British-style society should move to Britain. Yes?

2. Jock S. Trap 16 Oct 2013, 11:07am

The thumbs up or down is there for a reason. They agree or they disagree. Why do you have to have it explained. Yes ok it’s good to debate but surely if someone just doesn’t agree they are equally entitled to thumb down without explanation.

I’m man enough to cope with it… why aren’t you?

1. What you said: “I’m man enough to cope with it… why aren’t you?”

What I’d already written: “I can handle disagreement or being unpopular, but I’d like to know what you’re disagreeing with”

It comes across as cowardice that people are prepared en masse to vote something down but no-one (in many cases, not in this one any more thankfully) is prepared to put their opinion on the line. Yes they’re entitled to, obviously. It just comes across as quite cowardly.

2. Jock S. Trap 16 Oct 2013, 1:48pm

And you come across as too needy that constantly “needs a response”.

Some People will disagree with you, deal with it.

3. “I can handle disagreement or being unpopular, but I’d like to know what you’re disagreeing with”

I don’t know how many times I need to post that.

I don’t *need* a response – as I said in my first post on the subject I find it “quite frustrating” because it suggests people have something to bring to the table and are refusing either out of lack of time (understandable, but surely not the case for everyone), laziness or cowardice.

I think it’s genuinely bizarre that in a comments section of an internet website you think someone who wants people disagreeing with them to comment on why is “needy”. Why bother coming into the comments section at all?

2. Jock S. Trap 16 Oct 2013, 11:03am

You may believe in a Republic. I don’t but either way I’m sure neither of us would kill or see people killed for being it or being the opposite.

Oh and my comment is to all, born here or not. If people don’t like it here, bugger off. Go somewhere that suits the oppressed.

Your argument is lazy at best. Plenty of people leave here to what they deem better as do many come here. Of course there are many who come here wanting to be here and contribute, not live of benefits whilst driving a cab for business. They should be put first not those that clearly don’t like the country, nor contribute positively towards it.

1. My argument is not lazy, it’s logically consistent. Are you agreeing though that anyone who would like to live in British society should be allowed to (“they should be put first”)? After all, if all those people in Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania and the Americas don’t like it in their country and prefer Britain, they can bugger off – here. Right?

And I’ll repeat the Spain analogy. If gay people in this country wanted to get married, they could move to Spain. We didn’t need it here. Right?

1. Jock S. Trap 16 Oct 2013, 1:45pm

Don’t people already, whatever country they live in?

Again a very lazy argument that misses the point in that if people feel violent, discriminating about the residents of a country – go to another country that hold you’re oppressed view!

2. Thanks for the reply. I’m sorry I’m not sure what you mean in your first sentence. Are you saying that everyone in the world who wants to live in Britain already does?

You’ve twice described my argument as lazy but not explained why it doesn’t make sense. What’s lazy about suggesting that if gay people in Britain wanted to get married they could have gone to another country that already let them?

You mentioned people feeling violent a couple of times – I’m also not sure why an opinion’s validity for consideration is based on whether or not it’s violent.

Do you support liberal reform in places like Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Uganda etc. or do you think that anyone who doesn’t like it can just leave those countries? By setting up the whole debate as “if you don’t like it then leave” doesn’t that mean that to cater for all opinions you should actually support the existence of violently repressive countries in order to give people who want that somewhere to live?

3. Oh please, not every argument is worthy of engagement. Yours on this topic certainly are not. Quit defending bigotry and people might take you seriously.

4. I haven’t defended bigotry – if I have please point out where I have. I’ve written (honestly, just read what I wrote) that just because someone disagrees with an aspect of British life no matter how profoundly and offensively does not mean that they should just leave, and that the same argument could have easily been used against equal marriage (if we wanted marriage, we could move to Spain). I’ve elucidated that with a couple more examples.

Why isn’t that worth engaging with? You’re having your cake and eating it – insulting my argument for it’s supposed stupidity (bigotry no less) while refusing to point out examples of what’s actually wrong with it. If I’m that stupid, surely it’s easy to rip my argument to shreds – I repeat that I’m open-minded to persuasion of why I’m wrong. In the face of that offer, you just insult me, which leads me to think you might not have a sensible response at all.

5. Jock S. Trap 17 Oct 2013, 11:51am

There is a difference to your argument when you say “they should leave” when most of us, including myself who are saying they are “free” to leave.

6. It’s not a substantive difference at all is it? You’re saying if they want ie. sharia law, they can find it somewhere else – the implication being why bother trying to get it here. To me closing down debate like that isn’t a value of a supposedly free society.

You still haven’t addressed why this doesn’t apply in the other cases I’ve mentioned. Anyone in Britain who wanted gay marriage was free to leave to Spain. And if it should apply the other way round – that anyone who wants to live in British society should be free to move here. And rather than criticise Saudi Arabia, we should support its existence in order for there to be somewhere for people like this to go.

12. Tom Hooper 15 Oct 2013, 1:51pm

This kind of statement makes me want to laugh and cry… Laugh, because, quite frankly, if you don’t like it here – get lost! This is Britain, not a Muslim state! We accept all, but they must accept us first…

Cry, because I can’t believe we give airtime to religious nuts like this. This kind of hatred does not deserve acknowledgment.

I just get so angry that we get dictated to in the UK and the government lets it happen. This is not me hating all Muslims or telling you what to believe in, but men like this one need ejecting from this country or at least told to keep his opinions to himself. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

13. I would like to meet this man, because I know several moderate Muslims who would spit in his face for the things he is saying in their name.
    He’s another radical who claims to be speaking for an entire section of society when he doesn’t, and anyone who claims to be should be ignored without question.

14. Heathrow or Gatwick

15. An Ideal world would be one without Backward, bigoted superstitions merely a platform for scum like this to preach hatred – OUTLAW RELIGION NOW!

16. and BTW How is it commited Gays should be punished for the sexual acts we enjoy – when most Scum Muslim men bugger each other and their young men – because their women are so untouchable – hypercritical self loathers!

17. Mumbo Jumbo 15 Oct 2013, 2:04pm

Firstly, what he actually said was that gay people should be punished by death.

Secondly, if he’d said this about Jews or black people he would already be on his way to prison along with the show’s editor.

Therefore:

Thirdly, if anyone has a moment, you should report this incident to the police. Your local cop shop will take the complaint and they will be obliged to investigate.

Fourthly, you can complain to the BBC using a simple on-line form here:

1. Yes, a good idea to complain to the BBC, or indeed the broadcast regulator OFCOM. If there had been a more reasoned approach to this debate, the broadcaster would have arranged for a moderate Muslim scholar to challenge him. Although, as George Broadhead of the Gay and Lesbian Humanist Association points out, finding a cleric to do this is getting difficult.

Obviously freedom of speech is something very dear to a lot of LGBT people. Nonetheless, it is bizarre to see so many people on the Pink News wires who are getting hot under the collar as they effectively defend someone who called for their deaths.

Finally, I am intrigued by the gentleman who is in the Green Party and has found there to be a problem with anti-semitism in the party. I have heard similar complaints by several people on the political left who have found that the pro-Palestinian positions of leftist groups generally (the SWP, Communist Party, UAF, parts of the anarchist movement) have permitted a creeping anti-semitism to come in. The problems which affected activist website Indymedia in the last decade suggest that this is more than just an imagined problem.

18. That There Other David 15 Oct 2013, 2:06pm

Another utterly deluded spoon unable to face the reality of his own upcoming death or the fact that not everyone is like him. One to watch certainly. Sooner or later he’ll drop the “ideal world” nonsense and tip over into full on hate speech. People like him can’t help themselves.

19. So in other words, Islam is definitely not a religion of tolerance and prefers punishment and repression to kindness and understanding. Thus, if indeed so, I am anti-Islam just as much as I am anti-Catholic, anti-Evangelist or any other misguided monotheistic belief system for that matter.

1. No religion is tolerant. If they were they’d cease to exist. The faithful need to be gathered together to hate someone else. Usually another religion or minority group.

2. Staircase2 15 Oct 2013, 7:28pm

It would be misguided to judge a whole religion based on the actions of one man in one article…

Personally I’m not a fan of religion but I would urge you to instead take this idiot to task rather than use his stupidity as some justification to underpin your own feelings about the whole of the Muslim religion or any other…

20. I find it disgusting that the BBC is giving so much air time to a religious bigot. Is there a right to complain?

1. Mumbo Jumbo 15 Oct 2013, 6:33pm

Yes, see my comment above.

2. Robert in S. Kensington 15 Oct 2013, 9:44pm

There is, but don’t expect anything to come of it. I sent a complaint about the very poor coverage of the Marriage Bill and its resounding success. Nothing ever came of it, just an acknowledgement that my complaint had been received. It’s bias is clearly evident.

21. Everyone is too busy condemning the British “extreme right” and ignoring the real fascists like this barbarian. Talk about an elephant in the room. There are probably, as ridiculous as it seems, gay/bisexual members of the UAF.

1. Staircase2 15 Oct 2013, 4:14pm

I take it you’re EDL the Ray no?

1. Mister Fister 15 Oct 2013, 5:05pm

How do you reach the conclusion that Ray 123 is a supporter of the EDL?

From your comment one could conclude that you support the UAF. In either case there seems to be very little to go upon to make such rash conclusions.

2. No I’m not actually. And most emphatically I am not a UAF member, many of whom are useful idiots for Islamification. They fail to understand that if Islamification came about they would be amongst the first for “punishment”, along with the Jews they hate so much? Go figure.

3. Jock S. Trap 16 Oct 2013, 11:13am

A somewhat childish response I have come to expect from you Staircase2.

How about trying to engage in debate rather than trying to clearly shut it down!

It’s that attitude that is the cause of problems in this country.

2. Mister Fister 15 Oct 2013, 5:34pm

I am a long-standing member of the Green Party and I can assure you that I have met an extraordinary number of lesbians and many gay men who are fanatical supporters of the UAF. The main reason I have found for this is based on their pro-Palestinian views which are seemingly mandatory for people on the left. This accounts for the openly expressed anti-semitism I frequently encounter and which makes me question whether I should be associating with these hate-filled people. A small majority of the Green Party members are anti-semitic and their hatred of jews is comparable to that of any neo-n*zi group.

1. I’m sure you are right. I wonder where these fanatical gay supporters of the UAF would choose to live if they were forced to choose-Ryhahd or Tel Aviv?

2. “A small majority of the Green Party members are anti-semitic and their hatred of jews is comparable to that of any neo-n*zi group.”

This is an extraordinary claim which could do with something more than mere anecdotal evidence to back it up. Why haven’t the media latched on to the anti-semitic trend of the Green Party? Surely the right-wing press would like nothing more than to destroy any credibility of a party of the liberal left.

This “small majority” of Greens would like to see jews killed? Why haven’t you taken it to the press yourself? Why are you a still a long-standing member of what you say is a party made up of a majority of anti-semites? Shouldn’t you leave?

3. The UAF are puppets for Islamists

22. Punish citizens for being what they cannot help but be? Black, ginger-headed, bisexual, disabled, lesbian, brown, albino, homosexual, small in height, oriental, . . .

These hateful bigots are seriously deluded, seriously ill. They need medical attention.

23. peter gregory 15 Oct 2013, 3:48pm

I read in the weekend Financial Times an account of an Afghan warlord buggering little boys- FORCED sodomy- RAPE- written by a Brit Army officer. When he tried to stop it, his life was threatened and he was told it was “normal” and to go back to UK if he didn’t like it.

24. Great Britain is no longer its own country….

1. Staircase2 15 Oct 2013, 4:16pm

What a load of utter tosh
      Focus on the actual article rather than enflaming it with other non related bigotry please eh?

2. Who’s country is it?

25. ..in an ideal world we wouldn’t have to put up with ignorant s**theads like this!! Though considering his gross ignorance does he actually know who is ‘Gay’ and who’s isn’t?

26. If anyone in the country said “In an ideal British society we would punish muslims / Asians / Arabs” on the BBC – do you really think they wouldn’t be arrested the day after?

27. Staircase2 15 Oct 2013, 4:18pm

What a shocking idiot…
    …as well he knows given his caveats

28. The price we pay for freedom of speech is that everyone is allowed to voice their own opinion. Should we scream hatred and deportation? Or should we pity these sad individuals that do not have the power to embrace love and peace? Shame on the BBC for giving this vile man a platform for his stereotype and hatred, and shame on us for allowing this hatred and stereotype to reinforce our stereotypes and hatred.

29. Staircase2 15 Oct 2013, 4:21pm

Can I suggest that everyone avoids the knee-jerk bigotry in favour of actually addressing the article itself.

Every single time the word ‘Muslim’ is mentioned on here it’s as if the Daily Mail readers amongst us have a collective orgasm of vitriolic rage.

I’m aware that often this is stirred up by concerted efforts on behalf of the EDL to recruit (particularly) gay men to their cause.

Beware…

1. The last gallop poll showed British muslims have zero tolerance towards homosexuality…….

Whilst I don’t agree with the mirrored violence towards muslims in some of the comments above, I suggest you stop bringing up the EDL and the daily mail everytime someone criticises a belief system that in 99% of the places where it has any power would treat you worse than a dog.

1. Staircase2 15 Oct 2013, 7:30pm

And I suggest you read every thread I’ve ever had to say that in before suggesting I say it just for the sake of it…

2. Staircase2 15 Oct 2013, 7:35pm

It is simply irrelevant to talk about ‘Islam’ when what we SHOULD be talking about is the idiot spouting the rubbish himself.

To focus instead on kneejerk opportunities to spout long-harboured prejudices is wrong.

That the EDL DO regularly place comments on these boards is a matter of fact, not speculation.

(As is the Daily Mailesque knee jerkery of the other screaming bigots…)

1. The only person who has mentioned (and possibly is the first to ever mention) the EDL is you. I’ve never seen any comments trying to recruit to the EDL, but I have seen you using the EDL to try and stop people from discussing their horror of islamic oppression.

Just because someone does not agree with the fascist belief system that is islam does not make them an EDL supporter – you might want to defend a right wing fascist belief system that is used to persecute women, christians, jews, (and any other religion), gay men and women (and muslims of different sects), but the majority of us do not. And to voice my distaste of the right wing bigoted belief system that is islam is not a knee jerk reaction. Islam is used around the World to torture, imprison and kill gay men and women.

So it is not irrelevant to talk about islam when islam is the reason why this man (and the majority of muslims in the world) is spouting rubbish. What is irrelevant is to bring up the EDL like you have.

1. That There Other David 15 Oct 2013, 8:20pm

Just for the record there have been attempts to recruit for the EDL on this site.

2. Mister Fister 15 Oct 2013, 5:20pm

Once more I ask you to show proof of your assertion, that is, that the EDL are recruiting gay men to their cause. This begs the question why they are not also recruiting lesbians?

If you make such inflammatory statements then back them up with evidence. If you are unable to do so then have the decency to declare your bias and allegiances.

I think I can speak for the majority of PN readers when I say regardless of whether you are an EDL or UAF supporter or an Islamic Extremist, you can all go to hell.

1. Staircase2 15 Oct 2013, 7:54pm

I suggest you do your OWN research – I’m not going to do that for you.

I’ve been reading Pink News and the comments boards for long enough to know what I’m talking about. A simple search thru PN articles containing the word ‘Muslim’ should light up any misconceptions you (might) have…

2. Staircase2 15 Oct 2013, 7:57pm

and ps…I have absolutely no intention of going to a hell of your or anyone else’s fevered imaginings…

3. Jock S. Trap 16 Oct 2013, 11:18am

Oh Grow up for pity sake.

These pages are about debate, if you don’t like debate or a difference of opinion why come here?

You are so immature.

30. Tom (Winnipeg) 15 Oct 2013, 4:42pm

When we have to tell a barbaric primitive that one hand cut off is one too many, how telling can that be? That ignorant bum. He is as great example of why it is dangerous to allow these people into free progressive countries; it is a foolish move on the part of governments. Damn this multiculturalism.

31. “his personal preference would be to live in a society that followed the code – with no acceptance of homosexuality.”

If this is the case then sod off back to wherever you came from

32. There will doubtless now be a huge outcry from thousands of the moderate British Muslims we always hear about protesting about what this savage said.
    Don’t hold your breath.

33. In an ideal world there would be no #Muslims with all their hate. And awful clothes.

34. …and in an ideal society we wouldn’t have people such as you representing an outdated and outmoded set of values and opinions in a civilized country such as ours.
    I don’t know where you came from, but if you intend to turn our nation into mob of bigotted queer bashers, then go to one of the many countries which are becoming like this. Homophobia will continue to colour the attitudes of the non-thinkers in our community with people like you around,
    You are a disgrace to your religion – whatever that may be.

35. George Broadhead 15 Oct 2013, 5:34pm

He continued: “Every moderate Muslim holds this view as well”

This is one statement I can agree with. When do we ever hear so-called moderate Muslims speak out publicly against the oft expressed hostility and hatred of LGBT people from Islamic sources?

1. Maybe when someone like Sadiq Khan (along with most other Muslim MPs) votes for equal marriage and speaks out against the threats from extremists that he has received as a result?

1. Staircase2 15 Oct 2013, 7:58pm

Well said

36. The man is an offensive bigot and offended me greatly, if he wants to live in an Islamic society I will gladly show him the way to the airport

37. Helge Vladimir Tiller 15 Oct 2013, 7:45pm

Even here in Norway we have a SMALL group telling us this nonsense. And I believe in all countries in Europe. This is their black dream, as fascistic as a nazi dream in Germany during World war 2. The sad thing is that so few other muslims openly protest against these extremists. The main reason is that four out of five Law Schools in Islam prescribe the death penalty for homosexual activity. Furthermore this fact “force” the majority of muslim men to live as liars, ’cause they engage in homosexual activity as much as any other group of people-whether they are gay or not !

38. Rod Stephens 15 Oct 2013, 8:25pm

This is unacceptable for such rhetoric to be broadcast, this would set the gay rights movement back into the dark ages, only look to see the persecution of gay persons across the world right now, for example in the latest Stephen Fry documentaries being currently screened on BBC2 – this so called enlightenment is rife in the Middle East, parts of Africa and becoming increasingly apparent in Putin’s Russia. Do we really want to listen to these homophobes in our current enlightened society

39. Stone him for breaching our belief system, just like they do in Islamist states

40. Nothing stopping him then from going back to wherever the heck he came from in the middle east where his wish would be easily granted but no no he continues to stay here and complain instead…. I swear why do we allow such waste of air to spew their stupidness.

41. Ron Valentine 15 Oct 2013, 9:56pm

Islamic followers who are not happy with British laws and traditions surely know that to be happy they should move to a country where their views are tolerated and stay away from normal people. A great saying is “Live and let live” which they obviously do not understand. I am not gay but the gay people I know are to me normal. The do no harm, why should they. Apart from their choice of partner they are exactly the same as me.

42. The future of the world will depend on the human race rejecting religion for what it really is. Divisive. Hate filled. Homophobic. War mongering. Most wars in the world start due to a religious divide, or a division of groups within a religion. Religion is a belief in an external exisitance of something no one can prove. Yet text within a bible or the koran can be used to spearhead a venomous hate of anything it deems not to be of it’s merits. Religion has and always will be dangerous to the safe being of the whole world.

43. Colin (London) 16 Oct 2013, 10:48am

I have complained to the BBC and asked for a right to reply with equal air time. He is clearly homophobic and used the BBC to suggest that muslims agree gay people should be punished..all 5 M in the UK and 420M around the globe.
    I have met muslims who say they will have babies and take over UK.

Get religion off this planet. It’s for small people who have nothing to add to society.

44. In an ideal world, comments such as that from the chairman of the Islamic Centre would be punishable with a prison sentence and/or a very large fine. People like Abdul Qadeer Baksh should be banned from holding any such position of authority or chairmanship or any such like position where he can spout out such hatred of people of any minority group never mind homosexuals. I don’t know how it is that he can say in the same breath that he would like to see peace and tranquillity, that he would like us all to get on with each other when he spouts out such contradictory statements! What a hypocrite!

45. maybe we should compare this religious leader and his attitude to the (former) Archbishop of Canterbury. Those who got on their high horses against the Archbishop should look where the real evil and the real homophobia lies.

46. No to Islamization of UK,
    No to Islam.
    No to Islamic Values and teachings
    ….

47. I’m not sure if anyone on this discussion understands:
    1. islam demands that all muslims must fight to bring the whole world into the islamic fold (jihad). It can be with arms or any other means such as politics. This is a requirement in order to have a chance to get to heaven. Those that don’t are not living up to its tenents. This is why they don’t leave to go to an Islamic state. Being in the UK they are fighting in their own way to bring about the ideal world.
    2. Baksh is right that moderate muslims hold the same view. Of course, saying so can be dangerous so they are covered by taqiya in saying this isn’t so. Others don’t really know or ignore what is said in the Koran/hadiths/Sunnah but are muslims because of their heritage.

1. Doesn’t the Koran say that Muhammad was a sinner? And some Muslims reject the hadith. Almost like there’s actually a spectrum of opinion among Mulsims.

48. In a ideal “modern” society, I invite you to cease to exist!

49. If you want an ideal society then move to a country where there is this “ideal society”

Islamic countrys are hardly “ideal” lets compare suicide bombers and war to gay people…..

50. Mihangel apYrs 30 Oct 2013, 5:40pm

‘Whilst stressing that it was unlikely Britain would ever adopt Sharia law, he indicated that his personal preference would be to live in a society that followed the code – with no acceptance of homosexuality.

“When I say ‘ideal society’ I mean Islamic society, not a western secular society like we live in here.” ‘

No-one forces him to stay here, do they?

51. I agree with the scholar.