NOW: Anti-gay US televangelist says low carb diets ‘violate the principles of God’

1. Tim Hanafin 11 Oct 2013, 2:26pm

Basket case

2. Yay more batsh1t, keep up the good work Pat! :D

3. Hmm – so by his reckoning, the low carb diet I am on that – very successfully – controls my Type 2 Diabetes without the aid of medfication, is against the will of his God. Times like this I rejoice in being pagan.

4. *sigh* So according to his oh-so-informed view, the low carb diet I am using – very successfully – to control my Type 2 Diabetes without the use of medication, is again the will of his God. Comments like these make me rejoice in my paganism.

5. LOL what a complete idiot this man is. I hope he keeps on speaking out for years to come. More and more people, are seeing what a complete and utter load of rubbish this man and others of his ilk continue to spout.

He does his cause no service at all. And that is good for the minority groups he continues to attack.

1. Tom Cotner 11 Oct 2013, 3:29pm

Yes, you are right – he is a complete idiot. But he is speaking to idiots who dwell upon his every utterance as gospel. Many people do not see what complete and utter rubbish he spouts — they believe it themselves, and he serves only to reinforce their ignorance.

I am all for free speech, That being said, free speech should not include hate speech or deliberately untrue speech, which is what this dimwit constantly spews forth.

6. DCBrighton 11 Oct 2013, 3:16pm

I think that there comes a point when these people have to be ignored. Ignored forever. Thank you PN for bringing these people to our attention, but now please, no more about the Westboro Baptist Church, Pat Robinson and any organisation with ‘family’ in it’s name with less than 10 members. They crave attention and I think they should be left well alone.

7. I despair that people can truly be so stupid.

8. Robert in S. Kensington 11 Oct 2013, 4:24pm

This loon also believes that polio vaccinations cause HIV/AIDS.

9. The only reason Pat is opposed to Atkins is he has his own diet product. http://patsshakes.com/ No matter what he says, about anything at all, it’s not about the religion it’s about the money. It’s all about money with Pat Robertson. http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/sep/05/mission-congo-pat-robertson-aid-rwanda

10. Oops. That’s not http://patsshakes.com/, it’s http://patsshake.com/ It’s definitely a Pat Robertson product and it’s disgusting that he even has a product line of this.

1. So it’s a diet milkshake produced by Pat Robinson?

Can I suggest he registers the brand name “Cow-Pat”, and applies it all his product lines?
      It’s a polite euphamism for the vast majority of what he comes out with.

11. … so let me get this right. This nutjob says god makes food high in carbs for us to eat. We put on weight. So we cut out the carbs god made for us and that’s going against god’s will? I must be getting senile. Makes no sense to me at all. Mind you NOTHING this evil, homophobic bigot says makes sense.

12. I’ve been on a low carb diet for a few years now. Every niggling health problem vanished within a couple of days. I used to have a fat gut for decades too. That disappeared after four days. The problem with carbohydrates for some people like me is that they cause systemic inflammation. It’s often mistaken for body fat when it’s not. It’s not the Atkin’s diet though. I couldn’t eat that much protein if I tried. Although I still manage to eat at least 2,500 calories a day easy.No more aching joints, sleep problem or anything else. Oh, and I also shrunk in diameter pretty rapidly too. I’ve never looked or felt healthier. And I don’t get that awful constant rabid hunger all the time that I used to get when on carbohydrates either. Not only do I now have a flat belly, I can see the muscles there too.

1. You are evidently extremely ungodly.

(Good for you!)

2. This tosspot would claim you have a problem with carbs because you’re gay and god is punishing you. Presumably, god has punished Fischer for being a disgusting homophobe by making his hair fall out ….?

13. Ah, so now we know: manna was clearly 100% carbohydrate.

1. Apparently ‘manna’ is just Hebrew for ‘whatsit’ or some equivalent. Love it.

14. This fool is completely out of his gord. Unfortunately he has millions of followers here in the goofy States, who continue to send him money.

15. I used to know a guy who believed that Wotan and Thor were real and lived in the woods near his house. However, he did not get reported in the media or have thousands of fellow believers accepting his every word as truth. He was a complete nutcase, of course, but he was quite sweet and not at all homophobic. I think that if loons like him got the sort of media exposure that Robertson does, the world might just be a nicer place.

1. I’d rather have Thor getting media attention then Pat Robertson

16. white squirrel 11 Oct 2013, 7:23pm

‘the principles of god ?

if he means the god of the bible – then a reading of that book shows thagt ‘god’ has no principles!

1. The God of the Bible does have principles. It’s just that they change from story to story and are sometimes a bit paranoid and savage. Which is what you’d expect if people had dreamed ‘Him’ up……

17. So now he is a dietician.

18. Robert Stoddard 11 Oct 2013, 9:39pm

loaves and knishes, I presume

19. What a jackhat. Low carb diets are actually ANTI-inflammatory. My husband is on one BECAUSE he aches. And BTW, it helps immensely.

20. Plot we’ll and truly lost…

21. * well (hate autocorrect!)

22. As we ever needed another reason to doubt organized religion. I just pity the fools who follow this joke and support his lifestyle.

23. GingerlyColors 12 Oct 2013, 9:48am

Will he be preaching that gluttony is a deadly sin next?

24. Pink news, seriously, this guy has serious dementia it would be nice if you would stop insulting his illness! ;)

25. soapbubblequeen 12 Oct 2013, 8:34pm

In that case then, I’m starting tomorrow! What a total and utter nutcase this sanctimonious old fart is.

26. Well at least this time the madness wasn’t about us.

27. Is there no end to this guys idiotic ramblings and F***ing stupid ideas. I expect the next news about Pat will be that he has just been committed…. hint hint. It would appear that he has the onset of old age dementia!

28. Pat Robertson violates the principles of decency and compassion as well as sanity. Instead of spewing your sanctimonious judgements on everyone, Pat, why not explain your involvement in those African gold mines as related to your ‘Operation Blessing’ scam? That would certainly clear up a lot of questions about your participation in “God’s Principles”.

29. It would seem that if you’re a Christian the older you get the stupider you become…….