Father killed while walking across America in memory of dead gay son

1. Ivor Casey 11 Oct 2013, 2:51pm

This whole story makes me sick with sadness. What a wonderful gesture, ending up as a double tragedy. All my thoughts and feelings for the family and all those directly effected by this great man.

2. rudehamster 11 Oct 2013, 3:10pm

Again, a charge of reckless driving when it should be manslaughter or murder. If you kill someone with your vehicle you should not get off with just a vehicle misdemeanor.

3. Very sad.

4. Mihangel apYrs 11 Oct 2013, 4:08pm

tears again.

5. Jim Nashville 11 Oct 2013, 4:24pm

from the beginning when the report of his son’s death . I felt a deep sadness …. and now this tragic end .. my deepest sympathy to his family, friends and to those who’s lives he has touched …. I pray that GOD wraps his arms and both him and his son .. and that his walk will be remembered ..

6. Godric Godricson 11 Oct 2013, 5:11pm

Where to begin? Best wishes to all concerned.

7. So unbelievably sad.

8. That makes me so sad. Two unnecessary death.Hope the walk will not be in vain. My thoughts are with the family.God protects them.

9. Silke Fuhrmann 11 Oct 2013, 8:17pm

That makes me so sad. Two unnecessary death. Hope the walk will not be in vain. My thoughts are with the family. God protects them.

10. Bruce Laidlaw 12 Oct 2013, 12:03am

So sorry to read this!

11. Thoughts go out to Lola, she must be feeling distraught dealing with this double tragedy, first her son then her partner.

12. Desperately sad. What a great man … poor family.

13. MarKo Hubert 12 Oct 2013, 2:45pm

is it a murder? It is what I understand from this article.

14. That seems to be a dangerous and wreckless country this US.