US: Teacher ‘relates’ to killer of gay student and says she would have attacked victim herself

1. What a vile bitch!

1. If she’d said that to me, I’d have slammed a fist, right in her face then claimed ‘straight panic’ defense, in court, and see how she liked them apples. Her boot in the butt statement I would consider as a threat against my safety and person and react accordingly. Let’s see the prosecuting attorney argue that one, in court. It’s the same sauce for both goose and gander.

2. PantoHorse 9 Oct 2013, 6:35pm

The whole case sounds like such a mess. That poor lad and all he had to deal with and then these loons, her and the juror too, trying to mess up any justice he has received since. And his parents too. Not exactly blameless in their ‘sue the school for allowing him’ mentality – sounds like his home life wasn’t much of a picnic either. F*cking religion – that’s what I think is behind most of this. That’s the real abomination in this world.

3. If only we could abort the churches that create this kind of monster.

If you think the dark ages are over, there is a new one brewing

All because of the fairy in the sky

BTW where I live in the USA that could be seen as a 2nd degree assault and 5 years for her in the muff diviers camp

2. Poenaru Brindusa-Katalin 9 Oct 2013, 12:15pm

I am apaled by some people expressing such horrifying opinions. That teacher should be sacked; she’s a bad example as a human, not only as a teacher. I find “Gay-panic” and “Trans-panic” in the american legislation a deep flaw and a lame excuse for murder. That juror to is a disgrace. I read their words and I feel like fascism has never died and that there wasn’t on trial at the end of WW2.

1. Gay panic and trans panic are disgusting defenses that have been pretty much dismissed at this point, if you think gay panic is bad look up the “twinkie defence” !

1. Poenaru Brindusa-Katalin 9 Oct 2013, 3:50pm

Thanks! I am still in shock…I heard about “trans-panic’ in the movie about the Gwen Araujo story; I couldn’t believe my ears. The only normal panic reaction I know is…to run off like Hell, not to shoot to kill.

3. So that means every woman that gets hit on by a man has the right to kill the man?

4. Unspeakable woman – simple-minded creatures who believe in Heaven and Hell should not be teachers, it really isn’t acceptable any more.

In any event a teacher should bloody well be a better judge of what is and what is not a laughing matter.

1. Helge Vladimir Tiller 10 Oct 2013, 12:50pm

AGREE !!!

5. Religion, The route of Evil. She actually rationalises with delusion.

6. The death of any child is never a laughing matter. To think she teaches children is scary.

7. Yet another who blames the victim and yet another who accepts it as ok to murder for unwanted advances (if that’s even true)
    Homophobic losers is the best term for the lot of them

8. Sister Mary Clarence 9 Oct 2013, 12:45pm

Your kids safe in her hands ….. I think not!!!

9. She needs to be fired asap! Not a person that should be allowed contact with children. And the juror Michaels should be fired, too. She has no clue what human rights and freedom of speech is about. Disgusting to think that she actually is a juror.

10. Christopher in Canada 9 Oct 2013, 12:58pm

Misogyny at its worst. Here is a woman who accepts that dressing like a female is worthy of death – she’s swallowed it hook, line and sinker! And, how many unwanted advances from men has SHE had in her life? Did she then kill them?

Meanwhile, girls dress like boys all the time…

11. So, while i’m in a Gay club with my BF and a women hits on me or him, I’m allowed to be violent to the woman? Especially (and this actually happened) when she whips her tits out and yells at my BF ‘ Look at what your missing’!!

1. “Straight panic”

2. PantoHorse 9 Oct 2013, 6:38pm

Horrible. When telling a straight bloke to eff off for hitting on my gf in a gay club he got all indignant and told me how rude I was. What makes these people think this kind of behaviour is OK??

3. Lion in Winter 10 Oct 2013, 12:56pm

I’m sure your buff, muscular pecs and nipples are better than hers…

Is it getting warm in here…?

12. Andrew Cameron 9 Oct 2013, 1:20pm

I hpe she loses her job 9and her friends) What a vile person she is. Homophobic bitch

13. I hope for the sake of any other gay students this vile bitch is no longer teaching.

Sounds like they used the old ‘Gay panic’ argument in defence again. This is a very convenient lie to tell a court especially when you know a jury may be sympathetic to an anti gay rant. No 15 year old deserves to be murdered in a place they should both feel and be safe.

14. Mooksta66 9 Oct 2013, 1:50pm

The mothers of the stupid are always pregnant.

15. Perhaps all women should just shoot any guy who makes an unwanted sexual advance.
    Why can’t people just say, “I’m very flattered but no thanks” when an unwanted sexual advance is made toward them.

16. BlokeToys 9 Oct 2013, 2:20pm

It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach that there are people out there excusing outright murder because of the sexual identity of the victim!

This is 2013 FFS! Are these people living in 1913?

It just defies belief that there are Americans, in fields such as education and medical care, who have such a despicable attitude to Human Rights and the value of individuals, so much so that they forgive murder because of sexual identity.

I’m baffled. I sometimes think we’ve moved forward as a species, then I see the opinions of completely disgusting Humans like these women (and I use that descriptive term EXTREMELY LOOSELY!) and we’re right back to comparing their views to Hitler’s treatment of minorities, or the opinions of people in the 1950′s more commonly attributed to the KKK, or nutty ramblings from morally defective religious freaks.

I don’t know what the answer is, but I know the answer is NOT to allow these repugnant individuals to educate children.

17. 1: If Shirley Brown finds the death of a student funny, she should absolutely NOT be in the teaching profession.

2: Juror Diane Michaels is a sick woman. Not only is violent conduct never a civil right, no matter what the reason behind it is. But also, in a civilized society it should never be the victim’s responsibility to hide themselves from abuse and violence, it should be the responsibility of the haters to not attack people.
    It’s on the same level as blaming the victim, she might as well have just accused Larry King of criminal behavior for being shot.

18. We are not all equal under American justice and yes, even our teachers and be the most ignorant bigoted asses to walk this planet.

So long as we as a people remain ignorant and bigoted our laws and our justice system will reflect that and horrible murders like Brandon McInerney will be allowed to live another day to be on television while his poor victim rots in the ground deprived of a voice and a future.

19. So she thinks it is ok to shoot or at least kick someone who I taunting you. Well the its open season on the foul mouthed bigots then. Starting with her!!!!!

20. It baffles me how anybody who believes in “heaven and hell”, not to mention a teacher, can think that death is a suitable punishment for unwanted sexual advances. By that logic, if a girl were to make advances at me after I told her I wasn’t interested, then I have every right to shoot her in the head. Of course she would never agree with that, because it’s a girl. She should be fired.

21. Colin (London) 9 Oct 2013, 3:18pm

In my opinion this woman should not work with any human being and certainly not be a teacher.

She is at the disgusting end of the human race. What kind of community would permit this person teach their children???

22. It beggars belief that she is responsible for the education of anyone. Let alone children. Such a detestable and ignorant woman.

23. That teacher is an ugly, fat pig and the nurse is hardly a “caregiver”. She asked about the civil rights of the “taunted” (the murderer) and said nothing about the deprivation of the civil rights of the murder victim. What creeps.

24. your a disgrace to the human race – I very hope you are no longer teaching

25. She’s a disgrace to humanity who should not be working with people. I hope the next thing I read about her is that she has been fired.

26. john lyttle 9 Oct 2013, 4:15pm

I’d didn’t know the Hulk did drag.

1. And poorly at that!

2. Please do not insult the Hulk. He is in no way as ugly as that piece of horse #$%$, and let me apologize to horse #$%$. for insulting it!

3. I see what you’re saying, frightening actually.

4. Christopher in Canada 10 Oct 2013, 12:59pm

Please – you insult the wonderful Lou Ferigno!

27. King dressing in drag and coming to school is beside the point. There is no excuse for killing someone because they were making sexual advances to another human being. I agree this so called teacher either needs to resign or fired from her position, she shouldn’t be in an environment with kids. And the nerve of that juror and who elected them to be on the panel?

28. Scum.

29. Vicky Wright-Recchia 9 Oct 2013, 6:47pm

The last school I attended in Oxnard CA was EO Green Junior High. When my parents told me we were moving I nearly jumped for joy. It was a horrible school where bullying was ramped. I was bullied constantly from the time I arrived at school until the time I left. To this day I can’t tell you why. Friends I had attended school with for years turned on me not to be segregated as well.
    -Point being, bad area bad school and it seems not to have improved. Some teacher, hope she gets teacher of the year, NOT!! I know it has been a lot of years, but in light of this tragedy, seems like only yesterday.
    -If and I say IF Brandon was being come on to, why did he not seek help from the teachers, counselors or principle. I understand that he is young too and made a bad choice, ya think!! Anyhow, where were the responsible adults?? Where did he get the gun?? Wouldn’t punching him in the face have done the trick?? Was it necessary to blow his head off??
    -There is no sense to be made.

30. d.. hollinger 9 Oct 2013, 8:15pm

She has NO business calling herself a teacher, wouldn’t mind giving her a swift kick in the head, it might help!

31. That guy thought having one guy hit on him was bad; now that he is in prison, he will have every guy surrounding him wanting to have sex with him.

The teacher may be entitled to her own opinions but to laugh that a kid was killed is just crazy. I know some people think gays as not human and thus makes it easier for them to do violence but it’s still not right. It’s inhuman really.

No one deserves to die especially for just being who they are. If you don’t like gay people, then don’t associate with them. Just let them live their own lives. If someone hits on you from the same sex, just walk away. No need to get violent. Deal with it.

32. Glitterwart 9 Oct 2013, 8:49pm

Fire her.
    Fire her so hard that even her grandchildren won’t be able to become teachers if they so choose to be.

33. Not only a disgrace to her profession, but a disgrace to humanity.

34. Sinead Harkin 9 Oct 2013, 9:06pm

Ugly on the outside and ugly on the inside.Could one of our American readers kick her fat ass for me?

1. Best comment here, I don’t usually endorse violence but if someone decided to kick her ass good and laugh while doing it… well that would almost be instant karma.

35. What the living f**k?!?!

I hope this idiot gets fired. If I were the principal at her school, her butt would get a swift kick right out the door.

36. I moved to California with my husband 3 years ago and we both had the impression that CA was so much more socially progressive but have seen this type of hatefulness much more common than expected.
    This woman has no right to work with children and the State should take notice that more of us are demanding justice for victims as well as sanctioning those who harbor this inhuman attitude.

37. If the victim had been taunted with homophobic comments and retaliated we would all be praising him for sticking up for himself. The simple fact is that NO child should be taunted or harassed in our schools. It shouldn’t matter the race, gender, or orientation of the bully/bullied. We need to focus on making it safe for ALL children to get an education no matter the circumstances.

38. TheMiddleWay 10 Oct 2013, 4:40am

There is a lot of anger in these comments. We should be outraged, but things like calling someone a vile bitch really isn’t going to help. Instead of spending time spewing more hate in comments sections, take a moment to be sad about the boy who lost his life. Stop taking the bait. Sinking to their level does nothing to teach the ignorant and will not convince the hateful.

1. You have a point – but when you see how this evil, nasty witch reacts on video, it makes your blood boil that ANY ‘human’ can be so lacking in self-awareness and empathy. Sad to say – there are far more Americans’s like this vicious harriden, brainwashed by their religion, than there are in the UK.

2. Strongly agreed

39. Tuesday Wang 10 Oct 2013, 5:20am

There are some REALLY HORRID people in this world.

40. Ryan Jaymes 10 Oct 2013, 8:46am

I hope this vile excuse for a human being, gets just what she deserves.

41. Is it ANY wonder kids are growing up as homophobes. bigots and racists, lacking in compassion and empathy, if THIS is an example of what they’re taught by? This obnoxious waste of space should be fired forthwith.

42. Hey anonymous get on this bitch there’s some work to be done.

43. Rogi Riverstone 10 Oct 2013, 2:59pm

I’ve been Queer for over fifty years. Nobody wants to date you.

44. Read the truth in the evil, self-indulgent, decadent and depraved face she has crafted for herself through a lifetime of such thinking. This creature has no place near or with children. She’s a good candidate for a prison guard in the old South.

45. soapbubblequeen 14 Oct 2013, 5:12pm

Demented fat evil bitch! She should be struck off and NEVER allowed near children ever again. I really hope she dies and does the world a favour.

46. …how does anyone with this attitude get to say such rubbish? She ought to be put down–LITERALLY, she obviously knows nothing about real life..