US Supreme Court Justice: I suspect I have gay friends, but none have revealed themselves to me

1. Dave North 8 Oct 2013, 8:39pm

You forgot to mention the bit where this idiot said he truly believes in Satan.

2. I wonder if he believes Anericans shouldbe allowed to discriminate against blacks. Oh – and immigrants? If he does, I wonder if he ponders on whether his family would have ever been allowed into The States from Italy. When you advocate discrimination, you may well find yourself discrinimated against. Very foolish and hypocritical in my opinion.

3. Amazing how he deludes himself that he is not homophobic.I think the overt reference to sodomy is the give away here
    If people do not approve of homosexuality they should not engage in homosexual relationships and practices themselves but they should keep their noses out of other people’s affairs, they should certainly not be given a legal right to discriminate against others simply because for whatever reason they claim they disapprove or because their unbridled fantasies about what other people do sexually makes them think it is icky.

4. So according to Scalia heterosexual sodomy is okay but homosexual sodomy is not?
    Okaaay!

5. The Evil Old Men of the USA.

One of these days, most people like this guy will be dead.

1. Yes but the fundamentalists keep training youths to replace these.

2. Mark Cross 9 Oct 2013, 6:45am

It is estimated that about a third of all Roman Catholic priests in America are gay…thus:
      Karma: The distinct possibility that Antonin Scalia’s last rites will be given to him by a gay priest. :)

1. That would most likely be given to him by his son who fortunately for him is catholic priest (and a closet gay, but we don’t like to mention that ever).

3. It will be a glorious day when all the homophobes and racists are dead.

6. By the same token, this man also believes that black people should be able to be discriminated against, and that disabilities should also be discriminated against, and women too.

Why is it that the people interviewing these idiots never have the balls or intelligence to challenge them? Why did no one point out that he is also supporting discrimination against anyone, by anyone?

Are his interviewers as intellectually challenged as he clearly is?

1. Jon (Malaysia) 9 Oct 2013, 4:41am

I wish I’d said that! Very well put and a very important point!

7. Jon (Malaysia) 9 Oct 2013, 4:38am

I just wonder what he would say if I could tell him that I don’t want a practicing catholic for a business partner, or as a scout master for my kids (which I don’t have), or as a teacher in my tax supported schools. I don’t want believers in other delusional practices either because those beliefs interfere with the tasks at hand. Although I’ve never been put to the test, I think it would be illegal for me to discriminate against catholics or other believers in my home country of the USA. I think though my desire to discriminate is based on sound judgement. If a person is delusional in their personal thinking, how can I trust their judgement as a business partner, scout master, or teacher? I’d certainly not discriminate against someone because of something over which they had no choice such as race or eye colour or sexual orientation.

8. Jon (Malaysia) 9 Oct 2013, 4:50am

This really sickens me. Among many other duties at my career back in America, I had to do interviewing and hiring of staff and even back then 15 years or so ago, we weren’t allowed to ask a person’s race, age, sex or religion on a job application just qualifications for the job. Of course you actually met the person in the interview so you could guess some of those things :) But you now tell me that I could have asked the candidate if they were queer? And if so I could have denied them the job? What a sick world!

BTW as an aside, Pink News, 4 + 6 = 10. I trusted my head and you said wrong answer, so I counted on my fingers and got the same answer. You still said no. I consulted a calculator and yep! 10. So I think you are wrong!

9. Gee Tony, you wonder *why* they haven’t revealed themselves to you? I mean, you’re only one of the most powerful anti-gay bigots in the U.S.!

10. Mark Cross 9 Oct 2013, 6:50am

Antonin Scalia isn’t anti-gay. Right. And Hitler wasn’t anti-Jewish, he was just pro-Aryan.

11. Colin (London) 9 Oct 2013, 7:34am

He is clearly a very intelligent man and clearly in his field a major player.

I hope that someone he has know for years and respects comes out to him and engages him sensitively on how he arrived at his anti-gay conclusions.

Was it an unwanted advance, parents voicing disapproval. Was it a church religious condemnation. Is it based around his belief that a mum and dad is the only way to bring up children? You see for all of these a logical discussion and a little research would free him from preconceptions.

Go live with a gay family for a week and tell me that there is any difference. Most families on the planet are not the nuclear one put forward by religion. Just maybe Sir religion has it wrong. (and I am anti-religion)

People on this planet are moving forward and the planet will benefit. As you use the law to fight for what is right – by your definition. You see we fight for what is right and inclusive by the way we live.

Yes some gay people may flaunt their sexuali

12. Colin (London) 9 Oct 2013, 7:43am

sexuality as do straight people. What would you say to your grand daughter or son if as they look with fear at you and tell you they are gay. They cannot change it. What life would you want for them. Or the son or daughter of your best friend. To hide, be second class citizens.

Please get to know some gay people. Get to know their lives and talk to them about your fears.

It has taken me over 20 years to find a way with my dad. We are both richer today in so many way. I wish you well.

13. i can only assume he thinks being gay is a choice

14. “Revealed”? Why would any self-respecting gay person want an obnoxious fool like Scalia as a friend, let alone “reveal” a sexuality that he’s loudly denounced as “immoral”.

It is truly frightening to think people this stupid can be judges, let alone in the Supreme Court.

15. Christopher in Canada 9 Oct 2013, 12:39pm

His definition of the word “friend” differs from mine.