Tony Perkins: We should pray for gay people just like we should pray for drug addicts

1. Lyuba Marchenko 2 Oct 2013, 8:37pm

Feck you Perkins. Dont compare me to addicts nor oath-breakers. Take your self-righteousness and shove it up your bloody arse!

1. Bloody Well put!

2. These people are more obsessed about gay life than I am and I’m gay!

If I was a praying man (which I’m not by the way) I would pray that one day this man wakes up with some common decency

1. You see that’s why we are such a Diverse group – If I prayed (Which I don’t)
      I would pray that one day this so called man doesn’t wake up!

1. Jock S. Trap 3 Oct 2013, 11:59am

Not waking up is the problem… if anyone does pray maybe it’s for him to finally wake up! lol

2. PantoHorse 3 Oct 2013, 3:02pm

Hasn’t he said this before? Or was that someone else? I know someone has said something like that. It’s hard to tell sometimes, as they just use and re-use each others’ ludicrous pronouncements.

3. bearshaped 2 Oct 2013, 8:49pm

When these people say they will pray for me; I tell them that I will pray for their enlightenment. You should see the look on their faces. Priceless. :-)

1. Could not agree more. We should pray for these benighted lost souls

2. soapbubblequeen 2 Oct 2013, 11:42pm

I”ll remember that one. Some sanctimonious do-gooding cow told me once she’d pray for me. Obviously didn’t work did it?!

4. Eeeuuuugggghhh

5. Wow. That dude in the picture is HOT. I would f#ck the enamel right off those teeth!

1. Godric Godricson 3 Oct 2013, 9:20am

A Purty mouth?

2. He definitely has “gay face”

6. Cade in Aus 2 Oct 2013, 10:36pm

Ugly cretin.

7. What this uber-self-hater is REALLY saying is that he needs prayers said for himself to help him over his same-sex attraction which his religion has brainwashed him into believing is a ‘sin’. No ordinary heterosexual male would obsess about the subject unless they have a supressed addiction. This man is so totally clearly a closet case and is struggling to rid himself of his homosexual attractions by projecting his self-loathing outwardly.

1. Agreed. Watch this space. Like so many of his kind, sooner or later he’ll be caught out practicing one of the ‘vices’ he preaches against.

8. Progress, maybe?
    His comment about not trying to win an argument is interesting, seems it is starting to sink in that they can’t continue to get away with blatantly persecuting LGBT people. Perkins is having a little tantrum in that passive-agressive, holier than thou, “pray for the sinners” way that some Christians are so fond of.
    Sad and funny at the same time.

9. Derek Williams 2 Oct 2013, 11:18pm

These fundamentalists always assume that we would be delighted to share eternity with them in their hallowed, self-congratulatory, self-bestowed afterlife. In order to earn this, what would for me be a living hell, we must forgo the companionship of the love of our life. I truly think they have confused “Heaven” with “Hell”.
    A few seconds ago

10. soapbubblequeen 2 Oct 2013, 11:44pm

Shut up Perkins, you homophobic poo! Vile piece of poo.

11. His life being so abundant he has to interfere in everyone else’s lives from the sheer wanky tedium of it.
    Tony Perkins starring in “THE SMILING PSYCHO”

12. Oliver216 3 Oct 2013, 3:16am

Fine. It’s not like it’ll actually do anything. Pray all day and forget about everything else. Just do it quietly and where no one can see you, after all: Matthew 6:5-7 (not that you really follow the Mr Christ).

1. Couldn’t agree more. Muttering incantations to a non-existant deity gives them the illusion of influence and does sweet FA in the real world. Sounds like a win-win.

If only they’d all do that.

13. yes and we can also pray for prats like you mr perkins

14. Stop the politicking against gay people’s equality but you can pray for them as much as you like, knock yourselves out .

15. Justusboyz 3 Oct 2013, 6:34am

I’m praying for you Tony, you’re not going where you think when you die! Trust me you deluded fool.

16. Men like Tony Perkins are zombies – the living dead, who are too weak, of low intelligence and spineless to live life according to their own conscience and moral code so have to rely on the brainwashing of a fairytale faith. We should pity him – as others have said any man with this level of interest in ‘the gay lifestyle’ is obviously seeking to conceal his own homosexual leanings behind bile and hate – self hate.

17. This website is an utter disgrace in the manner in which it promotes extremism and extremists like this guy.

Notice the way that this weirdo gets his own headline as if we are meant to know who he ia.

the homophobia of Pink News os contemptible.

1. Michael 2912 3 Oct 2013, 9:09am

I’m not sure it’s homophobia as much as a lack of maturity and a bit of smugness.

2. My take is ‘Know Your Enemy’. If you know what they’re saying and doing, you can respond. If the world had known more about Hitler’s plans for the Jews and the 300,000 gays who died in gas chambers, perhaps the Hollocaust could have been prevented …..

18. Michael 2912 3 Oct 2013, 9:07am

If I had a scintilla of a belief in God I’m sure I’d prepare for the redemption of the souls of half-witted bigots. I haven’t so I won’t. Get a life fella.

1. Michael 2912 3 Oct 2013, 9:11am

Oops: for prepare read pray

19. Oh if prayer worked I’d pray for tony Perkins to be swallowed by an enormous sink hole ;-)

20. Dave North 3 Oct 2013, 9:50am

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a net and he will eat for a year.

Give a man”prayer” and he will die praying for a fish.

21. That There Other David 3 Oct 2013, 10:54am

Amazing how whenever he thinks of gay men he immediately feels a need to drop to his knees ;-)

Knock yourself out Tony. Pray all day every day if you want. Won’t change a thing, but at least it keeps you off the streets.

22. Hey Tony – A hole – Perkins – GOD doesn’t exist! Never has – It’s just superstition and a device used by Hateful so called Humans to hide their prejudice and bigotry behind – the only people who need prays are you unevolved pathetic examples of human kind!-

Keep you Superstitions to your vile selves!

23. The LGBT community doesn’t need nor want their prayers. We are quite fine without their judgemental views of a lifestyle we assume fully and are more than comfortable with. Those who feel the need to justify their existence or are simply afraid of death, thus turn to religious indoctrination to bring meaning to their lives, are those who we should feel for.

24. Jock S. Trap 3 Oct 2013, 11:54am

Yeah and we should treat religious people the same way we do rat poison.

Both risk health and are very dangerous to humans

25. And I’ll pray to the giant teapot orbiting Mars that you’ll stop being such a passive aggressive bigot and we’ll see who gets better results.

26. “The abundant life” — for himself, that’s for sure. Got to keep those donations coming in.

As for the rest of it: Perkins typifies the smug, arrogant, self-absorbed, cynical, manipulative, condescending “Christians” who are convinced that they should be running everyone else’s lives.

He’s also one of the most facile liars in the public sphere.

I’m going to stop here, or I might wind up telling you what I really think.

27. There’s something about that face, isn’t there……….m’thinks the man protesteth too much. I’ll watch the banner headlines with interest in future ‘cos I’m willing to bet there’ll be an about turn before long. He’s just got THAT look, hasn’t he!

28. So, you’re going to talk to your imaginary friend about me?

Well I’m going to tell Santa about you

29. And we should pray for Tony Perkins just like we do for drug addicts, murderers and child rapists. He is, after all, at least one of those…..

30. Kay Arnold 3 Oct 2013, 2:50pm

IMHO, he can pray all he wants as long as he stays out of my business. When he sticks his righteous nose in my business then he’s going to have some serious trouble.

31. I dont need any one to pray for me….i can do that myself if need be…..

32. we all should pray for tony perkins like we pray for the cockroaches we spray.

33. Annette Poly 3 Oct 2013, 3:28pm

I have a more abundant life now that i accept who i truly am then i ever did in my two failed marriages. and now i will not have the oppression and abuse in my current relationship as i did in those two traditional marriages.

34. Family Research Council?
    I can’t be the only one sick of the way these fundamentalist groups use the word ‘Family’ as antithesis for homosexual.

1. The Bishop 3 Oct 2013, 4:08pm

Each of the three words is being use in a dubious context. The second 2 words are there to give it borrowed authority.

35. Robert in S. Kensington 3 Oct 2013, 4:06pm

Says the leader of one of the many American hate groups so designated by the Southern Poverty Law Centre (SPLC), over 1400 of them too. I wish we had our own version of SPLC here in the UK. C4M, Christian Concern and Anglican Mainstream, BNL and UKIP would definitely fit the category.

1. The Bishop 3 Oct 2013, 4:12pm

Too right! The best body to draw this up might be someone like Liberty, using the same strict criteria used by SPLC.

2. The Bishop 3 Oct 2013, 4:26pm

“The Southern Poverty Law Center counted 1,007 active hate groups in the United States in 2012. Only organizations and their chapters known to be active during 2012 are included.

All hate groups have beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics.

This list was compiled using hate group publications and websites, citizen and law enforcement reports, field sources and news reports.

Hate group activities can include criminal acts, marches, rallies, speeches, meetings, leafleting or publishing. Websites appearing to be merely the work of a single individual, rather than the publication of a group, are not included in this list. Listing here does not imply a group advocates or engages in violence or other criminal activity.”

1. Robert in S. Kensington 3 Oct 2013, 4:58pm

It is also interesting to note that NOM hasn’t yet made it to SPLC’s list. I wonder why after that evil Proposition 8 and other ballot intiatives it has sponsored and espousing the debunked Mark Regnerus flawed study on gay parenting.

36. …these cretins are allowed to come out with this rubbish, the point is you do not know who’s gay and who’s not in this world. So therefore what is the point of discriminating? People with normal aspirations are so devoid of any imagination…they’re the ones who are the sick perverts.

37. The smug, bigoted, hypocrite lifestyle
    which entails pointing the finger at everyone else so that no self-examination ever has to take place.

38. It’s the arrogance of these people that is so breathtaking. Ask yourself; who ARE ‘the clergy’ – the pastors – the preachers? They are the self-appointed ‘witch doctors’ – the sort of person you’d find in an Amazonian tribe who professes to ‘speak to spirits’. They do this – not to help others – but to carve themselves a very nice existence … and to set themselves above the gullible people they preach to. It’s all such a childish con … like as if I dressed in a silly costume and pretended I could speak to and for The Tooth Fairy. Isn’t it time we all just grew up, started challenging ‘organised religion’ for the harm it does and stopped allowing these vile individuals continually to incite hatred against us?

39. I’d love to see Tony Perkins in full witchdoctor garb, painted face and body feathered headress and grass skirt, dancing to drums and bedecked with crosses, surrounded by all his deathly religious gewgaws and similar swooning cronies

40. Instead we see him pictured posing as a clean cut businessman, suit and tie as though he was a Presidential candidate or rather a real estate salesman, what a mismatch and what a fake image, the witchdoctor image is so much closer to Tony Perkins in reality.

41. Hooked on God: Religion as a Drug
    “The religion-as-drug framework helps make sense of many other normally vexing (to atheists) aspects of religious belief. Like any drug, it can be both beneficial (if it alleviates pain) and harmful (if it is abused). It comes in different forms with varying potencies and side-effects. It can be bought and sold. Because it’s legal (mostly), there is a thriving economy in religious ideas catering to all segments of a huge and diverse market. It can be addictive, which is good if you make your living as a dealer, not so good if you become a junkie.

And, of course, like other psychoactive drugs, religion can make you crazy, even violent if not taken judiciously.”

42. Colin (london) 7 Oct 2013, 6:40pm

We don’t need gods so need nothing from the likes of you. You live in the past full of hatred, control, abuse.

We face a future that we will make a better world for the majority

43. Couldn’t help but laugh at this.

YES PLEASE MR PERKINS SIR SAVE US FROM THE HEINOUS DISEASE OF LIKING THE WRONG KIND OF GENITALIA.