Labour shadow minister who spoke out against gays marrying quits post

1. Robert in S. Kensington 2 Oct 2013, 3:17pm

Clearly he hasn’t learned anything about equality. Good riddance!

1. Or justice.

2. Homophobic scumbag. Get out and stay out ….

3. Don’t let the door hit you on your a**e on the way out!

1. Damn I was going to say that :p

2. If he stuck a broom up his backside he could sweep the floor on his way out too.

4. Robert in S. Kensington 2 Oct 2013, 3:23pm

Your God, Flello, didn’t invent civil marriage, nowhere in your bible, so shut the f_ck up! It doesn’t mandate procreation and isn’t a reason why it was invented in the first place. Delusional catholic loon.

5. this guy would be my MP if I still lived in the UK. He is my Dad and family’s MP though. I did write to him and got a really weird response back from him.
    He is using his religion to justify his homophobia.
    He should resign from parliament too.
    He is a liar as I have a copy of his response – how on earth can he say not one constituent has written to him what a liar.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 2 Oct 2013, 4:40pm

I can’t believe that not one straight constituent wrote to him to support the bill either but he doesn’t mention that as if it’s irrelevant. He IS a liar indeed!

6. dorsetbob 2 Oct 2013, 3:46pm

Another MP who feels their first duty to be towards Rome rather than the electorate who voted them in. I hope he made it clear during his campaign that he was following the bible rather than common sense. Twat

1. Isn’t it a funny coincidence that Sarah Teather resigned as well? Are they getting their orders from the Vatican?

2. Justusboyz 2 Oct 2013, 9:00pm

They have to swear alligence to Rome above anything else including civil law, so really no Roman Catholic should ever be in parliament !

7. Of course your “gay friends and relatives” wouldn’t bring “the issue of same-sex marriage” “to [your] attention” if they knew you’re such a sneaky little bigot.

8. Robert in S. Kensington 2 Oct 2013, 4:38pm

Isn’t it amazing that virtually every MP opponent to the Marriage Bill seem to have gay friends and relatives as if that exonerates them from homophobia? I suppose not one hetero constituent wrote to him supporting the bill and it wouldn’t count because they’re not gay? What a liar!

1. It’s actually not amazing at all. It’s par for the course. When racist congressmen in the American South were promoting segregation and fighting against the Voting Rights Act, there wasn’t a SINGLE one of them that didn’t claim that they had close friends who were black. My racist parents used to regularly deny they were gay to strangers by claiming “close black friends”. I can remember always rolling my eyes because I knew they were lying through their teeth. The only black people they knew WORKED for them and were hardly their friends.

Same old bigotry, new day, new target.

9. Did he run before he was pushed.
    How many other people wrote to Ed to ask why Labour had a potential Justice Secretary who was willing to put his religious beliefs ahead of his duties of freedom and equality and non-discrimination and the upholding of Human Rights?

10. Sandgroper 3 Oct 2013, 3:53am