Russian politician: ‘Stephen Fry is a bringer of evil’ and gays are not welcome in Russia

1. That scum like this magic-boggled cretin invoke god and evil and other such asinine hocus pocus are exactly why I loathe religion with a passion

And before anyone snotbubbles and whines “we’re not all like that” – No, you’re not, the rest of you are craven and apathetic and let the extremists get away with this kind of behaviour because YOU are afraid of them.

The only true tragedy of the buy-bull is that the vile thing printed on absorbent paper because that is ALL that it is good for.

1. Russia was homophobic when religion was banned in that country. Stalin was an atheist, he hated religion, and he hated gay men.

I’m not religious, but I’m also not bigoted against all religious folk like you are. I don’t loathe religious people, and I don’t expect them to loathe me. Your hatred and anger for religious people does nothing to stop religious homophobes from hating us.

1. He went to seminary – so you statement about atheism is dubious. He did learn the tricks of the trade, but made himself the icon rather than rely on a magical creature that could not be controlled.

And do you actually deny the stream of religion-addled people who want to either take our rights, kidnap our children, put us in concentration camps, jail us, maim us, kill us? How on earth does your apologist argument excuse all that?

1. de Villiers 27 Sep 2013, 7:38pm

Yes, we all know this is despicable.

However, all we ever hear from you is HATE HATE HATE.

1. Are you not outraged? Perhaps you should be, do you think they will pull their punches? Are you not seeing the videos? Not reading the stories? Thinking they are going to play with the Marquis of Queensbury rules?

They are not. Wake up and smell the coffee. (yes yes, you don’t like me, and you keep trying to police my tone, which I find hilarious. You have a button, you go ahead and click, and that is as far as your power can go).

2. de Villiers 28 Sep 2013, 6:46am

It is outrageous. But I do not need to use these boards as a form of therapy.

3. All I read from Valksy is reason, reason, reason, In the end you don’t remember the words of your enemy only the silence from your friends. The truth is that the majority of religionists are profound conformists who need to be ruled by sky-daddy and keep silent and do what they are told to do by the sky-daddy’s managers.

2. You think it’s dubious Stalin was an atheist? Really? Clearly you know nothing about Stalin. You’ll be telling me next that Mao Tse Tung wasn’t an atheist – he was violently homophobic too.

My argument isn’t apologetic. I don’t deny that there are some parts of the world where leaders who are religious use their beliefs to justify homophobia. However, it is you who still denies that there are some parts of the world where leaders who are atheists use their beliefs to justify homophobia – you even go so far as to deny homophobic atheists are atheists. FYI atheists can be as nasty as theists. Do you really think homophobia will disappear when monotheism disappears. A golden dawn of peace, equality and free love? FFs. How naive.

1. You’re forgetting that Mao and Stalin were alive in a time period where EVERYONE was homophobic because they thought it was a mental illness, including the gay folk themselves.

2. No, pink, I’m not forgetting anything, it’s just an irrelevant point that you make, but a new way to try and excuse 2 very famous atheists violent homophobia. The fact is both Mao and Stalin, who hated religion, also hated homosexuals and murdered many gay men because of their beliefs.

What you’re not admitting, like valsky and the other fundamental atheists can’t admit is that atheists can also be homophobic, bigoted and full of hatred – no matter when they were alive, past, present or future.

3. Doesn’t matter, without religion that’s just one less meaningless reason for us to kill each other.

3. And just so you know, Dawkins was once religious, – he loved Teilhard de Chardin’s theology – does that make his atheism dubious?

2. I have a “love the sinner, hate the sin” approach when it comes to religious folk and religion

The “sin” being all religion of course

2. Oh and before anyone seriously tries bleating “bigot” or asserting that would-be martyrdom the religious so enjoy – Have no doubt that organised religion has been, and still is in many places, clear and present danger to the liberties and lives of LGBT brothers and sisters around the world. That is a stone cold fact. If you think that someone like me has anything like that power, then you truly are the delusional dimwit your belief in magic already demonstrates you to be.

The time for “tolerating” these psychotic fairy tales, and the violence they tend to cause, is done. This dark age of supernatural bunk is long overdue for ending.

3. There is religion and there is spirituality. One is made by men to rule over his fellow man the other has potential to edify the soul. Incompatibility with these two are an issue. A religion was responsible for the death of Jesus.

1. Jesus is a fictional character from a collective work of fiction. The concept of a soul is a work of fiction. Religion is often responsible for the death of innocent human beings that is a fact.

2. Oh Shut up – No there isn’t! Spirituality is what agnostics call themselves because they aren’t evolved enough to escape the shackles of oppressive superstition – Human beings are evolved – not spiritual you backward moron – KEEP YOUR SUPERSTITIOUS BELIEFS TO YOURSELF – THEY HAVE NO PLACE IN THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY – WE HAVE ALL SUFFERED ENOUGH FROM SUCH BULLYING AND SUBJUGATION

4. keith francis farrell 28 Sep 2013, 2:58am

I am with you on this. The only way to save LGBT people in Russia, is to fight back. make our money talk. A total boycott of Russian sports. Let that idiot Putin and his Nazi Hitler style youth moment die. What normal Russians will do when they find that the world has turned away from form them over LGBT rights, they will fire Putin and have those people harming LGBT youth and all LGBT people dragged to court. They are guilty of mass murder.
      If someone puts a bullet in Putin’s head, I promise I will not morn him, or this other idiot. for all I care they can put the whole Duma against a wall in front of a firing squad. and I will cheer.

2. Vitaly Milonov – gays are not welcome in Russia
    What we want to know is what plans does this vile example of humanity have for the seven million,(plus) gay people who are citizens of Russia, and in all humanity deserve and demand equal respect and rights to everyone else!!!
    as they are entitled to under the Russian Constitution and the International Human Rights treaties that the Russian State have committed themselves to.

3. That There Other David 27 Sep 2013, 7:04pm

He can’t even come up with original adjectives. What a complete imbecile Milanov is.

4. Stephen Fry? Why would this politician pick on a TV celebrity? Why not pick on Cameron or Obama, or any other political leader who supports gay rights? Pathetic man.

5. Not only gays but also heterosexuals from civilized countries should abstain from travelling to Russia. All decent people who love freedom, equality and brotherhood should stay at home.

1. de Villiers 27 Sep 2013, 7:39pm

It really is proof that you can turn back the time – in a terrible way.

1. Lion in Winter 28 Sep 2013, 12:09am

Wait ’til Cher reads this!

6. Christopher Coleman 27 Sep 2013, 8:38pm

And Russia is not welcome to be considered a civilized nation.

7. The root of this homophobia is Judaism, and then Christianity (which is a Jewish cult spin-off) – the is where it started. For a long period, really up to the 12th-13th century, it wasn’t a big issue, and even same-sex marriages took place in Rome up to 342AD, before Christianity took over from Roman polytheism. I don’t know what happened around the 12th-13 century, I haven’t read and researched that far yet, but at that point Christianity turned on Judaism and people who were gay – John Boswell touches on this in his YouTube video. Now we have Judaism which has far less of a problem with ppl who are gay, except the Orthodox groups, and Christian fundamentalists and traditional literalists – very small but very vocal and powerful groups.

I really want to find out what happened in the history of religion in the 12th/13th centuary, to explain how we got to where we are today. This guy is some sort of throwback to that era.

1. Christopher in Canada 28 Sep 2013, 12:12am

Wasn’t that the era of the Crusades? Taxing an ignorant populace in a futile effort to “take back Jerusalem”?

2. Helge Vladimir Tiller 28 Sep 2013, 7:53am

Like Your comment- you are orientated !

8. keith francis farrell 28 Sep 2013, 2:45am

I don’t care what this Government says, as far as I am concerned all sports events in Russia should be boycotted, and I am afraid it starts with the sports people and our politicians, what the sports people need to do is publically state that they are not prepared to go to Russia, that they do not want medals with the blood of innocent LGBT Russians blood on it. As soon as they agree on that, then the politicians can state that as their sports people will not attend, therefor they see no reason to attend. Lets have those sports people stop being selfish and stand up for human rights of all LGBT people. That would make them hero’s in my book. I am also boycotting Coke and McDonalds and all the other sponsors. I might be the only one on the planet but I feel better knowing that I am doing my bit for LGBT rights in Russia

1. Athletes like trophy’s and medals (and sponsorship) so how about Stonewall, Pink News etc creating a gold medal for heroism to present to all those athletes who are eligible to compete in the Olympics but who choose not to compete rather than prop up Russia’s persecution of gay people.

9. Why can’t him and Putin just slip and fall off the stairs in the Duma and just die.Seriously the world would be a better place without them.

10. Russia is one place I shall not be going too

11. What Vitaly Milonov has said clearly contradicts all the reassurances that have been given to the IOC

12. Helge Vladimir Tiller 28 Sep 2013, 9:07am

Stephen Fry is more than welcome in Russia by millions of gay, lesbian and transgender people !

13. Jock S. Trap 28 Sep 2013, 9:49am

“Gays do not have any support in Russian society”

And apart from the projection he spews, his above comment I think sums it perfectly in Russia.

It is why Russia fails on basic decency, respect and most of all humanity.

Far from their comments on how the law if supposed to be about protecting young people, despite the fact some of them will themselves be gay, but discriminating against all Gay people, full stop.

This is what the world can see and should be fighting.

14. Vitaly Milonov, ” Homosexuality is not normal, I’m sorry.”

Correction, homosexuality is every bit as normal as heterosexuality but homosexuality is just not as common as heterosexuality.

15. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Sep 2013, 2:12pm

And for the religion apologists here, if not all christians are bad as they claim, why then haven’t Welby, Sentamu, Nichols, Pope Francis not condemned the vile inhumane Russian law? Why are they so silent and inactive thereby giving consent?

16. ..somehow I find it so odd that such a repulsive ignorant swine like this can come out with the most idiotic remarks…..for starters who on earth made him Gods gift to manhood!! HA!