US televangelist: ‘Gay people purposely spread HIV by cutting people with special rings’

1. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Aug 2013, 3:27pm

Demented religious freak should be sectioned!

2. I am truly flabbergasted by the stupidity of this man.

What a complete and utter, imbecile!

I really am quite lost for words.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Aug 2013, 3:33pm

Only in America could this sort exist and become multi-millionaires pushing lies and other false information at the expense of denigrating and villifying gay people, their lives and relationships. Disgusting bigot and a total fraud.

2. He is all that and more but I did enjoy the fact that he felt the need to justify his remarks because they were taken “out of context”. Always good to see someone like him having to back peddle.

3. I recommend reading up on this eschatological peddler of nonsense – plenty of articles out there on his deeply unsavoury past. And that’s before you consider that he is worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

This man is a hustling carnival barker who has been taking the magic boggled rubes for a ride with his own brand of noxious vitriol for years. I don’t think it fair to call him stupid or mad – the amount of calculation required to get what he has is staggering.

Now, consider the utter failure of so-called “moderates” to stand up to this vile and hideous ogre of a man. The so-called moderates are afraid of their own tyrannical element, and yet demand that we accommodate?

Some people have protested my use of the saying “If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas”. I would point out to them that it is possible to remedy the problem by cleaning the bloody dog.

No one stands up to him, no one sees him to the wilderness of crackpottery. He isn’t the fringe.

1. This comical American circus video says it all:

2. IN defense of my nation I must say that he IS a fringe. His viewpoints strike a chord with less than 20% of the people these days.

However I would love to see him provide even one little bit of proof for this preposterous and truly slanderous comment. I’d like to hear from the security team that advised him for instance and ask them where they got the information…

1. A fringe group would be someone like the WBC – much as I despise organised religion, I would never claim that they represent anything other than themselves on the fringe of crackpottery.

Robertson has millions of followers, a ministry of significant size, and has amassed significant wealth and influence as a consequence. I’m not sure how you can define that as fringe.

4. Just another one of countless many darts chocked full of bollocks he throws at and about us. So Pat, piss off you old geezer!

5. I am simply lost for words. How can someone so stupid be allowed to breath?

6. Andrew Quinn 28 Aug 2013, 4:02pm

I could vomit just looking at him and he certainly has verbal diorreah. What a revolting person.

7. PantoHorse 28 Aug 2013, 4:04pm

Crazy, crazy man. What on earth makes him think that’s even a real thing?

8. GulliverUK 28 Aug 2013, 4:08pm

Once it’s out there, it’s out there forever. I have my copy and am happy to host it in multiple locations. If you have firefox you only need DownloadHelper or some other such plug-in/add-in and you have your own copy – saves bandwidth too if you’re watching the John Boswell Youtube video 10 times, to extract every ounce of genius.
    You can see it on Young Turks

9. Did this person who have AIDS was he gay bet they din’t ask that because stright people can have AIDS to.
    What can I say backwards contry have backwards people.

10. I always thought it was amazing the kind and number of people who profess to believing in the teaching of Jesus and call themselves ‘Christians’. These people should have been members of the Spanish inquisition. Guess they missed their time. And of course Robertson would have been the head Inquistor.

1. floridahank 29 Aug 2013, 12:43am

I am a fundamental Christian and I don’t consider Robertson to be a follower of Jesus Christ. Just because people profess to be a “Christian” doesn’t make it so. Robertson is a deceiver in many ways of what Jesus Christ promoted. Jesus even said (edited by me) to many, “You call me Lord and do many great things, go away, I never knew you.” So you cannot label all Christians being under Robertson’s public statements.

2. Jesus H Christ would like to point out that he is in no way associated with the senile sicko Pat Robertson.

I was at an event this weekend where thousands of Christians applauded in favour of gay rights and greater inclusivity and acceptance, so don’t tar us all with the same brush, please. I run an organisation campaigning for equal marriage in churches for those who want that and we’re a mix of LGBT and non-LGBT people who feel passionately about it and other forms of discrimination.

3. This should be seen in perspective.

Robertson is an old-school Southern Baptist, and believes that God condoned slavery. After the Haitian earthquake, he said the Haitians provoked the wrath of God for forcibly freeing themselves from their French slave owners in the 19th century.

There’s mainline Christianity (Anglicanism, etc.), the Christian left (U.S. Episcopal Church, Society of Friends, etc.), and the Christian right (Southern Baptists, Pentecostals, Missouri Synod, etc.). Even within the Christian right, there’s people who sort-of-kind-of believe unequal things but are generally still polite in public, and then there are people like Pat Robertson. He’s barely a notch above Fred Phelps. Angry old “white” men eat it up, but nearly everyone under 40 (Christian or not) can’t stand him.

11. Is this demented, fossil still spouting his vile filth. Long past time he was burning in hell.

(in his case the centrepiece of a bonfire at a gay beach party)

12. That There Other David 28 Aug 2013, 5:44pm

I don’t know which is the more stupid, Robertson for his views or the woman who values his opinion enough to ask him something.

1. I thought it was quite funny that she was asking if she should give this man a lift and Robertson replies, ‘Yes, but don’t have sex with him’. Maybe that’s on his mind when he gives someone a lift.

13. If I had the money, I would sue him for defamation of character and donate the award to GLBT organisations.

14. Justusboyz 28 Aug 2013, 7:56pm

Blithering Idiot!

15. He can’t say people weren’t listening to the context, he didn’t even mention that this was something he’d heard a while ago. He stated it like it was fact, he got flamed, now he’s trying to cover his ass. Pathetic.

16. What an ignorant old prat!!

17. Brothers and sisters, place your hands on your monitor, bow your head, and let us pray together. Oh, Lord, please help us through our pains and worries, for we know not if the Lord is walking with our Lamborghini dealer, hope he shall deliver us from this Ford hell in which we travel. Now, my brothers and sisters, I want you to dig deep in your hearts. Dig even deeper into your pockets and send $1000 for my prayer cloth, so the Lord may always walk with you throughout the day. Email me for details at Aryugaetu@gmail.com – Bless You!

1. Hmmm… a blog idea?

18. He should be in a mental health facility…

19. Like Angel against Archduke Sebassis in the last season of Angel ? Damn, we sure are devilish !! Now excuse me guys, I need to go back to my black mass and sacrifice young Christian virgins with my fellas Jews, Communists and atheist Muslims.

20. This dude is gay, it’s only a matter of time before he is exposed. When someone fights against something this much ( without a logical or valid reason) you know he is defo gay.

He’ll be caught coming outof a bedroom half naked with a twink or something before long lol

21. Is there a code book available to the public that I have never heard of that could helpfully explain what these preachers are REALLY saying whenever they spout what appears to be hate-mongering venom. Yet another case of being ‘misunderstood’.

22. omg lol

so this ring cuts you and then what? how is cutting someone with a special cutting ring going to give them AIDS? Is the ring cursed with the AIDS spell? seriously, you have to have some serious screws loose to spew such bile on television

23. Peter Duncan 30 Aug 2013, 7:58am