American church kicks out mother for supporting her gay daughter

1. Remind me what the church is for again, other than hate spewing?

1. Hard to remember, eh?

2. 3 words for the Ridgedale Church of Christ
    Hammer. Nails. Coffin.
    The whole world knows where American public opinion is going, and if places like this keep on doing what they’re doing, they will only be killing themselves that much quicker.

1. Paula Thomas 23 Aug 2013, 3:16pm

Ssshh they might hear you!! On second thoughts they’re too stupid to change so go right ahead!!

3. How very Christian of them. I’m sure Jesus would be proud.

:-\

4. Those ‘loving’ christians strike again. I sincerely hope they keep it up. Before long, there’ll only be bigots and hate-mongers left in churches …. or is that the current state of play?

5. Both women are clearly better off out of that place.

6. Welcome to the home of Country Music!

No wonder only Americans listen to the crap.

7. These issues remind me of Homer Simpson’s complaint to Marge when he got rejected by the Springfield masonic lodge – “Marge… they won’t let me into their crappy club for jerks”.

Both mum and daughter are better off out of it if that’s Ridgedale church’s attitude.

8. Those idiots should go back an review Leviticus, because it says NOTHING about women marrying women, NOTHING. It talks about what some men should not do, but says not a word about what women may or may not do. Color me surprised that fundamentalists in Tennessee are illiterate buffoons.

9. The bible doesn’t speak plainly about it at all, actually it’s incredibly vague and open to interpretation. Regardless, I don’t think Jesus would approve of how these “Christians” cast out members of their group for the sin of loving and supporting their children.

1. They probably prefer to focus on texts like Matthew 10: 34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

I don’t think unconditional love is really approved of by these people.

10. Alarm bells ringing to warn of low intelligence are heard whenever the word lifestyle is mentioned in this sort of context.

11. The Bishop 23 Aug 2013, 3:33pm

“The sin would be endorsing that lifestyle. The Bible speaks very plainly about that.”

Where does it mention Lesbians then, unless it’s Ruth, which actually quite positive. As for lifestyle, most people think it is in favour of loving, supportive relationships.

12. This is why religion is losing credibility. People can see right through their contradictory stances. Their bible also tells them to sell their daughters into slavery, that is plainly stated in the bible. I don’t see them following “God’s” law there.

13. Church of Christ??? There is absolutely NO connection between this group of self-righteous morons and Jesus Christ!!! They would likely kick JC out for taking tea with a prostitute if they got half a chance!!!!

1. I can TOTALLY see that happening!

14. Michael Cramp 23 Aug 2013, 3:46pm

I knew this years ago and the reason I no longer call the Church of Christ home. It is a sad day to see it in print but inevitable. When arrogance and lack of understanding of the word of God is bastardized to support the far Right’s belief system then this sort of disgusting activity takes place. So they can go ahead and pick up their King James version of the Bible and preach to their hearts content. While they do that they should know King James the name sake of said version had a pension for little boys. Good on you, you turds.

15. john lyttle 23 Aug 2013, 4:25pm

So God is love, huh?

16. Robert in S. Kensington 23 Aug 2013, 4:39pm

Ahhhhhhhh, can’t you just feel the christian, all-embracing love? And christianity wonders why it gets a very bad rap. Meanwhile, not one leader of mainstream cults will condemn it.

17. Do these thickos really think Jesus would act like them. Maybe they confuse the teachings of Jesus with the teachings of Hitler or Ukip!

18. Rev. Jim Brooking 23 Aug 2013, 7:42pm

I wonder how many divorced and remarried heterosexual couples attend this church. But they continue to ignore the elephant in the room.

19. Richard the Big Bunny 23 Aug 2013, 8:21pm

“The Bible speaks very plainly about that.” — The Bible speaks very plainly (if mistranslated exponentially) about a lot of things … a lot of things they ignore … pick & choose, pick & choose … morally meaningless. Humanity needs to grow up — all religions are fairy tales and all churches are, at worst, cliquish hate groups and, at best, ‘spiritual’ mental masturbation.

20. wankers………………….

21. twinkie1cat 24 Aug 2013, 12:39am

Tennesee is generally one of the more backwards of the southern states, but not the worst. It has some goodness—worse than Georgia, better than Louisiana and Mississippi. One thing though, when my pastor taught school Chattanooga when he was a part time minister and openly gay, he simply told the principal that he was and might be seen in the newspaper, warned him in advance so that he was clear who he was hiring. Hired him anyway.

As for this church, I understand they not only kicked out the detective and her mother but the entire extended family. So they are probably going to tumble considerably.

22. twinkie1cat 24 Aug 2013, 12:46am

For further information, there are NO southern states in America that yet have same sex marriage, although some cities have gay rights ordinances and hate crime laws. The states that have it are generally in the frozen north plus California. Southerners generally don’t want to live in those places because of the long, miserable winters. America is a big country with a whole lot of diversity of political thought, religion, ethnicity and landscape. And our freedom of speech and religion is absolute. At the same time there are considerable social consequences to discriminatory behavior.

23. Deanna Joy Hallmark 24 Aug 2013, 10:45am

And to think, I was raised in the same sect until I went to college. And nowhere in the bible does it clearly say anything because it is all metaphorical but taken literally.

24. Christian’s, that is followers of Christ would never have done this.

25. Jim Nashville Tn 26 Aug 2013, 5:06am

I do hope that the church members and its staff has repented against all the sins they have committed .. because being supporting of your gay daughter and in turn being supportive of the gblt community is small compared to the number of sins I bet they have committed ..
    from wearing mixed fibers to eating shrimp . . they all be sins
    I applaud Kat’s mother . and know how lucky Kat and all of us are for her mother’s loving support ….
    as for as the Ridgedale Church of Christ .. ye without sin cast the 1st stone ..