US radio host: Gays are ‘empty’ inside and want to ‘absorb the personality and identity of others’

1. For someone who hates gays, she sure knows a lot about their innermost thoughts!

1. That There Other David 22 Aug 2013, 8:25pm

It’s called projection. We just learned something new about how she sees herself.

2. JESS Kalinowsky 22 Aug 2013, 8:41pm

I have never heard of her? Who is she? What educational credentials does she offer? Why does she think he opinion matters? Why does she think she is revenant ? Who died and gave her permission to spew her HATE?

1. She died. No person holding that much anger and hate can be a person that really lives or is alive. She should just lie down, shut-up and stop breathing so she can be buried.

Such a sad mental patient in need of psychotherapy and medication.

1. Welcome to the mindset of Fundamentalism, the Twilight Zone.

2. Notwithstanding that it’s a US radio host (and, therefore, a load of codswallop), people who have ‘left homosexuality’ probably aren’t reliable sources of being truthful about their emotions

3. This woman gives me a weekly giggle. Ah to think such vapid stupidity still exists…

4. Ben Cohen may be right to say that comments such as these do us a favour in most circles. But she is not aiming at us – or really bothered what we think. She is an example of the Christianist Right operating in an echo chamber and feeding dodgy ideas to the very large number of people in the US who think like her. They are dangerous and we need to keep an eye on what they are saying.

She founded Mission: America http://www.missionamerica.com which is seriously unpleasant and officially designated as a hate group by the SPLC.

Anyone interested should read Christian Nation by Frederic C Rich – a very scary novel that follows the ‘what if’ after a McCain victory in 2008 – and he then dies a few months later!

1. I actually checked out the reviews of this book and the description of what it contains. Basically it’s a stern warning to never let this extremism based in fundamentalist beliefs come to power. A check this out later.

1. Christopher in Canada 26 Aug 2013, 3:40pm

Margaret Atwood was way ahead of the pack with her “The Handmaid’s Tale”.

5. This woman absolutely cracks me up. She must lie awake at nite thinking what she can come up with next (no doubt she has nothing else to do in bed because I can’t imagine her husband as gone within a foot of her for years).

Using her “reasoning”, if we are all empty and absorb the identities of others and we are surrounded by heterosexuals, should we all not be straight then?”.

Maybe she is right to an extent. In some very perverse fashion I look forward and enjoy her regular instalments of gay bashing. Maybe I am absorbing her identity and personality.

If I could stop laughing I think I would buy a gun and shoot myself.

Does anyone know how many people actually listen to her programme?

1. Well we know the pink news staff do. Glad they do, how else would we be handed such a fool to laugh at.

2. I’m glad I’ve never heard of her before this. So, have never listened to her show. And never will.
      How do uneducated, idiots get a radio show in the first place? And be allowed to spread such ridiculous views?
      And what’s more disturbing is there are so many out there just like her.
      Boggles the mind. Well, if you have one.

3. I was thinking along similar lines, except that my thought was: using her “reasoning” if homosexuals are all “empty”, how are they supposed absorb the personality of their partner? You pretty much have two empty individuals trying to absorb… what? Emptiness? It seems to me that someone with a personality isn’t empty, so there certainly must be some gay folks out there who have something going for them. As a matter of fact, my gay friends are loaded with personality and are a blast to hang out with!

6. Guglielmo Marinaro 22 Aug 2013, 8:23pm

Well, I can tell you one thing. There’s certainly no danger of me turning straight to absorb HER personality.

1. She’d need to have one in the first place in order for that to happen.

1. Gugliemo and Allan,

You two have made my day….

7. I demand the mental hospital holding her withdraws her radio privileges.

8. On the contrary, I think it is Linda Harvey that is trying to fill a large empty space in HER life, unfortunately she has sought to fill her void by denigrating and slandering other loving human beings and their caring relationships.
    Perhaps a reputable therapist would help her overcome her obsessions.

Believing in absurdities can enable you to commit atrocities.

9. Emptiness allows you to be filled with love. It’s a bit difficult to be filled with love when you’re already filled with hate.

10. So now we are personality absorbing monsters. She obviously got this idea whilst watching way to much SF channel.

I think the real problem here is the the insane radio presenter, spewing bile and hatred across the land. A bit like some sort of cross-dressing Godzilla. maybe we need to call the air-force in to bomb her :D

1. The Bishop 23 Aug 2013, 3:47pm

Yes she seems to be talking about the pod people in that 50s paranoid sci fi film The Invasion of the Body Snatchers. There it was supposed to be an analogy of the commies.

11. The Harvey are a collection of memes that have been turned into cybernetic organisms functioning as drones of the
    Religious Collective, or the hive. The Harvey force others into their religious collective and connect them to “the hive mind”; the act is called assimilation and entails propaganda, violence and abductions. The Harvey’s ultimate goal is “achieving homogenised perfection by eliminating all diversity”.

1. Ahhh, the Borg on Star Trek. Yes, they too have a queen, LOL.

12. Fűck off, you fugly slűt!

P.S. Her hairstyle looks like my deceased grandmother’s pubic area.

1. Fight ignorance and bigotry with informed debate and reasoned argument David, not childish and puerile obscenities – you are sinking to her level with your empty-headed abuse.

2. Hilarious!

13. Who else thinks that absorbing the personalities of other people would be a pretty neat superpower?

1. Mr Stuie 2 23 Aug 2013, 3:52pm

Me! Mwahahaha!!

2. David Myers 24 Aug 2013, 9:51am

Not me. That would just create clones. Now putting some of your own personality into the minds of idiots – that has potential (especially if you are a secular humanist)!

14. What does this woman contribute to society besides ignorant and ill-informed opinions? When she’s ready to write an award-winning Broadway musical, when she can sing like Ricky Martin, swim like Matt Mitchum, design a line of Spring fashion or paint the Sistine Chapel maybe I’ll listen to her tell me how EMPTY gay people are.

15. “absorb the personality and identity of others” ? So now we are the mutant Rogue from X-Men ? Hilarious.

16. Does anymore (apart from Ukip voters) really take this backwards woman seriously?

17. Shame on Pink News for promoting homophobia.

Pink News is the place to go to promote homophobic extremism.

18. “When others seem to have meaning and purpose, the feelings of self-pity can be overwhelming,” she continued.

Must be familiar territory for her.

19. Angry Paul 23 Aug 2013, 2:40am

Personalities… I need personalities *licks lips in a weird and creepy manner*

20. So who is this person anyway? And what qualifies her to speak to this issue with any credibility? NONE. Period. I am sick of straight paranoid idiots spreading their lies about Gays,People like this are waging war against homosexuality. They would be wise to reconsider that tactic. There are many reasons American culture is embracing homosexuality as a non threatening existence to coexist with is mostly because nearly every person knows someone, a friend who is gay. Many have gay siblings, parents, kids, uncles, nephews, daughters sons, and gays are not just a bunch of flamboyant men dancing to disco and women playing golf, they are also Judges, lawyers, doctors, politicians, clergy, students, teachers, accountants, actors, mechanics, and the list goes on. We are already embedded in society at every corner. Trying to undo that in the way in which they are will not end well for those trying to close the peverbial closet door on Gays.

21. GingerlyColors 23 Aug 2013, 5:15am

And yet she wants us to absorb the personality and identity of straight people in order for us to conform to her bigoted ideals.
    Hypocrite!

22. An aggressive and parasitic anti-gay religious meme has absorbed the personality and identity of Linda Harvey and turned her mind into mush.

Her prime directive is now to infect as many others with this parasitic meme as she possibly can and turn them into irrational mental vegetables just like herself.

23. Christopher Coleman 23 Aug 2013, 5:46am

She gives a sizable number of her fellow citizens what they want to hear. It distracts them from trying to think about the political situation they cannot understand.

24. I see what she did there, she’s confusing ‘gay people’ with ‘the Borg from Star Trek TNG’.

Frankly I think even the Borg would take one look at her odious personality and decide to skip the whole assimilation thing. There’s nothing of worth there.
    As for the gays wanting it, she wishes she was that interesting. I sure as hell don’t want to add her uniqueness to my own.

25. She’s such a “b’thch” I would love to have her go back into her genie bottle and cork it… throw it to the bottom of the an ocean never to be found! and if it is ever found be the source of ridicule deserved for her amusing perspectives from a bygone age!

26. Pot, kettle, sweetie !

27. Who can we speak to to get this clearly insane woman locked up?

She really is completely and utterly bonkers!

28. *sigh* Why Pink News keeps giving this woman a platform is a mystery.
    Please stop playing into her hands.
    We get it – she hates gay people and keeps saying outrageous things about gay people. Let’s hear from sensible people instead.

29. i would love to empty my mouth by spitting on this vile woman’s face.

30. I can assure her that my BF is not empty on a regular basis.

31. Oh my god? This isn’t even stupid… it’s just insane? WHERE ON EARTH does she get these ideas from?!

32. Best Check inside Linda Harvey’s head if we want to discuss emptiness !

33. It’s fascinating to see religious fascists like her desperate to find any and all methods of attacking others. She’s run out of the standard methods of attack, because all the usual nonsense is easily dismissed, so now she goes to the extremes to try to make gay people sub-Human, almost claiming we’re not the same species.

This is a classic example of the crazy Christian becoming almost psychotic with hatred, and becoming more and more extreme because their ignorance is being continuously pointed out.

She’s losing the argument, so she becomes more and more extreme in her desperate attempts to convince people that she’s right.

And I agree, deranged people like her actually do us a service, because most sensible and sane people laugh at her, and more and more people are rejecting this rubbish because of her insane rants.

Bring it on b*tch, you’re just making yourself look stupid and diminishing your own audience ;)

34. paul newbery 23 Aug 2013, 2:34pm

What flipping planet are these people from….why doesn’t she absorb some IQ or Domestos…quite well aware of who i am thank you

35. CRAZY VILE OLD B I T C H –

US need to introduce mercy killing and this old cow should be at the top of the list!

36. Linda Harvey is ‘empty’ inside and has a black cold heart’

Fixed your headline for you!

37. I am seriously concerned that our country has such a close relationship with the United States of America as there are just so many loony ‘Bible Bashers’ there and they are allowed to influence government policies.

38. hahahahahahahaha….I laughed out loud when I read this. Clearly she does not know any gay people….empty inside is something we are NOT

39. Kristyana Finch 23 Aug 2013, 5:21pm

A simple demonstration that the civilized world is hampering evolution, survival of the dumbest is an unfortunate realit.

40. Tom (Winnipeg) 23 Aug 2013, 8:18pm

Surely not as empty as that cavern she calls her head.

41. Richard the Big Bunny 23 Aug 2013, 8:26pm

FOR THE RECORD: I’ve been living in Ohio for a few years now and I have only heard of this woman via Pink News. Just adding that for perspective. She must be properly ‘fringe’ even for the nutters.

With that said, I am sort of amused. Her revelations & pronouncements are like ongoing comedic performance art! :-D

42. And she absolutely knows all this because of ??????????
    Her father was a nitwit, as well.

43. Just another one of our “Nut” cases that got to microphone. We’ve got tons of them ! Keep an eye on them though the do stir the stink pot and some other nut will do their bidding by hurting someone because of what she said. She will claim no responsibility of course.

44. Jock S. Trap 24 Aug 2013, 9:46am

Assumptions again Linda… wot a bore!

What a shallow life she leads…. yet again accusing others of what they actually do themselves.

45. ANTONIO COELHO 24 Aug 2013, 11:05am

Where do these people get this rubbish from? Answer the sewer of course, which is where she should crawl back to! I suggest that the people who follow her and listen to this nonsense are the ones who are empty. If this “lady” has children my only hope is that she’s not filling their heads with this bigoted rubbish, if she is she’ll burn in hell; that’s for sure!

1. Wait. If people are gay and/or lesbian because of hormone imbalance… Seriously, is she really suggesting that gay and lesbian people are just all transgendered? *laughs* Probably just rank stupidity, but that is exactly where my brain went first.

46. hb de boer 25 Aug 2013, 8:45pm

well she knows her gays..do they look like her or? ….lucky i know mine

47. Ironically.. Narcissism, sociopathy, and psychopathy all fall under the same definition.. empty inside, and absorbs the personality and identity of others. This is pure projection on her part. Stop listening to the psychos of the world, society!

48. Sami Suomalainen 25 Aug 2013, 9:18pm

Thanks Linda. It is nice to hear I am empty inside and I seek out to devour personalities and identities of others.

Perhaps some other gay (or lezzie) can rid you of your ignorance and hatred? Not to forget the fright of unknown.

49. At least we know she’s not empty… just full of s**t!!!

50. In which a bigoted idiot manages to ignore the thousands of straight people who attempt to fill their ‘emptiness’ by dating, f’cking, and marrying people of other genders.

1. phil armond 26 Aug 2013, 12:19am

It’s natural to get angry with this foolish female but need I remind you , we should never mock the afflicted…….and her life can’t be much fun in a straight jacket now can it..poor dear.

2. two words: CLOSET LESBIAN

51. I’m feeling empty.Think I will absorb my dog. WOOF!

52. Ignoramous…

53. My son is gay and I assure you he is neither empty inside nor is he lacking in personality, all his own by the way!
    This woman is just plain ignorant!

54. So, does this mean that as a straight woman that I am empty inside and want to absorb the personality of any man I’m with? Do I want to be a man?! Oh. My. God! That must be it, Linda Harvey! Thank you for explaining this to me! It all finally makes sense…

55. “All I wanted was to eat the smartest Chicken and absorb his powers.”

56. Someone should have told Oscar Wilde.

57. white squirrel 2 Jan, 7:47pm

Gays are ‘empty’ inside and want to ‘absorb the personality and identity of others’

says the woman who believes that ‘demons’ are real
    [according to her hilarious joke website ]

therefore the same ‘empty’ sentiment likley applies to her mind