Nickelodeon star Lucas Cruikshank reveals he’s gay and asks why straight people don’t come out too

1. *screeeeches* HEYYYYYYY, IM GAYYYYYY

Good on him coming out to the world though.. just need to wait on Tom Daley now. =P

2. “Do you have feelings for Jenny?”
    Jenny: *facepalm*

“I feel so awkward!!”

I lol’d

That was a really cool approach, the best way to “come out” to the “public” is with light hearted humour like this. They pulled it off with flare, which on camera I imagine would be quite tricky, especially for a kids program.

The way he asked “why don’t people come out as straight?” as if it was a serious question; poor lad! if only he knew…

3. He’s gay!? I am shocked and surprised. I never saw that one coming :D

Good on him though coming out. I hope he doesn’t loose his job over it. I can just see the right wing, nut job, Christian parents banning their kids from watching Nickelodeon.

1. Even though he is quite the ‘obvious gay’, it was funny to see so many genuine “are you gay?” and “are you guys a couple?” questions. Kids are adorable lol

4. Is it only me or do these two have the most annoying voices ever?

5. Derek Williams 21 Aug 2013, 4:26am

What a fabulous coming out. Takes all the angst out of it. Great role model for gay and straight alike..

6. glad he came out
    he’ll feel loads better now and so will his gay fans
    also he’s kinda cute :P

but dose the girl annoy anyone else?

7. GulliverUK 21 Aug 2013, 8:46am

A great model for others – be yourself.

8. say bye , dont be rude
    shes adorable

9. Helge Vladimir Tiller 21 Aug 2013, 9:07am

I don’t know who this young person is. But millions upon millions have come out of their closets before him. ( I, myself in 1960 ) So now, young , man: “What are Your plans to support LGBTQ persons , and improve their life in countries where being gay is a matter of life or death? I almost can’t wait to hear your answer.

1. He’s 19,,,,,, not everything has to be doom and gloom. Let him enjoy his coming out.

2. being 50 myself , isn’t this what we went through all this trouble for , SO he can just announce it with out any worries. Otherwise what was the point ?!?!?!!?

1. Isn’t that the reason for fighting? So that people could come out without any worries? :s

3. Helge Vladimir Tiller 21 Aug 2013, 6:18pm

Some people stretch the elastic too far ( i. e. my comment ). What about some interpretation.- Of course it is POSITIVE to come out- be it a young person or not.!!

10. I came out as straight.

1. Christopher Coleman 21 Aug 2013, 4:14pm

why? did people thing you were gay?

2. Congratulations.

11. I agree. Straight people can sometimes be really weird.
    No, I’m not accusing you of being straight. After all, you are on a gay website.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 21 Aug 2013, 12:08pm

He’s not straight though. No secure hetero male would be bothered coming to a gay site in the first place or feel threatened by gay sexual orientation. Living proof that ex-gay therapy doesn’t work.

12. Vast majority? I think someone’s a bit deluded.

13. Poor dear old Keith, never the quickest on the uptake, and so sadly incapable of logic. Bless you, you dear old fruit, hope you feel better soon.

14. Oh please Keith that’s just weak even for you! People only ‘come out’ because everyone is so obsessed with sex and still so sensetized and out of touch with homosexuality that they just have to know who isn’t 100% heterosexual at all times, and they will pound on the closet door relentlessly until they know.

They asked a question and he answered, it… sociable and open minded people call it “question and answer” sessions!

We don’t exactly like having to announce to people we are different but it’s not our fault they like to gossip and sensationalize it, and it’s not our fault people still assume everybody is straight until proven otherwise.

Nobody makes “coming out” videos for no reason, it was just a Q&A.
    Would you prefer a liar or the truth?

1. Obsessed much?!

15. Keith, why aren’t you called ‘moral advisor’ or ‘moral teacher’ any more. I found that act absolutely hilarious and miss it. Every comment page I would widdle with laughter :D

16. Hurray! I’m so pleasantly surprised, nay shocked, not to find any complaints or snide comments about him being camp on here.
    Well done for coming out so sweetly.