Straight Pride UK uses US copyright law to remove critical article

1. GulliverUK 13 Aug 2013, 4:49pm

It’s very confusing. Someone or some pro-gay people appear to have obtained their twitter account and now;
    is now pro-gay !!
    Also, their web site ended in .com,, but there is a parody at ;

And their facebook page is also offline / not found, Now there is a replacement https://www.facebook.com/pages/Straight-Pride-UK/494897843924704?fref=ts
    which states it’s the page of a former hate group.

Don’t know if they will somehow make a come-back. This morning I noticed their twitter account suddenly had protected tweet status. Hopefully they’re done and dusted and can get on with their lives, and let us get on with ours :)

1. My money is on Anonymous…they have a history with this sort of thing

Thanks whoever did it

2. LOL Straight Pride UK has been hacked in a very comical way!!
    That’ll teach them bigots and homophobes LOLOL

1. As I understand it their account wasn’t hacked, they changed it to @prideofstraight and someone saw the opportunity to take their old name.

1. I wonder why they decided to make that move. In any case, it backfired.
        Shows you they are not the “brightest stars in the sky”.

2. GulliverUK 13 Aug 2013, 5:24pm

Oh yeah, that’s them all right. I see their tweets are still protected. Good spot.

3. True homophobia. To have power over another person. What a disgusting group of people.

4. Robert Cuthbertson 13 Aug 2013, 5:06pm

Huh?

5. Robert in S. Kensington 13 Aug 2013, 5:09pm

Have any of them shown their faces in public? Why aren’t the Mail and Telegraph leading the rallying cry and leading the charge?

6. Derek Williams 13 Aug 2013, 5:11pm

Fools. What rights do gays have that straights don’t have? We are illegal in 76 countries, with the death penalty for homosexuality in 9 of them. Do they really want to be treated the same?

7. So, WordPress agrees that it was an abuse of the DMCA law, but still does nothing to protect the rights of those using its blogging system?

This should be a warning to all who use it, your content can and will be attacked and removed at will, because WP would rather not have to argue on behalf of their users.

People who used Blogger had the same problems, often loosing years of work when their site was taken down. People should NEVER trust another company like that with their content.

It costs less than £5 a month to have your own domain, with a blogging program installed within 24 hours, backups of everything when you want, your own email. You have control over the content, and although a hosting company can receive a demand to have something removed, you have to be consulted about that and requested to act yourself before they take action.

This would probably not have flown with any standard hosting company, they would have told these c**ts where to go.

8. These people seem to be paranoid. Who is stopping them for having pride in being straight ? They can meet, march, have cake stalls, or celebrate their straightness what ever way they they like ?

However, it is hard to understand what equality based human rights they are after cause they already have them all ?

9. CanadianChris 13 Aug 2013, 5:41pm

Filing a false DMCA claim is a very serious offense. They could be seriously punished if it is found that they did violate it. Hopefully it will be looked into.

10. Dear straight pride

i understand it must be difficult for you to be comfortable being heterosexual in today’s society, but let me suggest some things you can do:

– most town centre pubs / bars on a Friday / Saturday night – you can see the mating ritual of the straight woman being chatted up by the straight man (or vice versa)

– try listening to pop songs – they are about men and women falling in love (not men and men or women and women)

– walk down the street and look at people holding hands – they will overwhelmingly be straight couples

I hope pursuing these things will allow you to see you are not alone, and that people like you can lead happy fulfilling lives

11. Enrique Esteban 13 Aug 2013, 6:02pm

PLS, SIGN TO SUPPORT EQUAL MARRIAGE IN ROMANIA
    Help: prenume=first name; nume=family name; oras=city; tara=country.
    You’ll receive a mail and have to click on 2nd link to confirm.

1. A worthy concept in its own context, but completely off-topic here.

12. The DMCA has always been a terrible, authoritarian law whose power is intentionally lopsided in favor of large business interests against individual people.

13. thatblokeoverthere 13 Aug 2013, 8:41pm

I wouldn’t mind if ‘straight and proud’ was all there is to it. Yes, I agree they have every right to stick up for themselves, celebrate their way of doing things as we do ours. I’d wave whatever colour flag they wanted for them.

But that’s not all there is to it, is there? It’s not just celebrating being straight, it’s anti-gay. Supporting Russia and those parts of Africa where gays still have a bad time and claiming that we want special treatment when all we want is equal treatment. The noise they make isn’t celebration, it’s just an attempt to drown us out. The core motivator of the movement is homophobia.

For some reason this doesn’t make me angry like so many stories of homophobia I come across. It just makes me sad.

14. Pinknews – how about stop reporting on this group? It only legitimises it and gives it coverage – it’s tiny.

1. Yeah – we ned to know but didn’t their own heroine when Prime Minister try to teach us all about ‘the oxygen of publicity’?

Publisher beware!

15. Makes no sense to me am I missing something ?

16. Christopher in Canada 14 Aug 2013, 2:04am

If it’s so great to be straight, why do so many women go without orgasms??

Great for men, I suppose, who only wish an orifice to inject the jelly into the doughnut…

17. peter merrick 14 Aug 2013, 9:11am

Oliver Hotham supports the Bilderberg group and their aims to destroy the Syrian regime! The People of Syria love Assad. It is only the Islamists and the Bilderberg group that want to get rid of Assad! let us not give ANY money or support to Assad AT ALL!

18. “It’s great to be straight!” – hilarious! I mean, what better way to get everyone to think you’re a douchebag than to wear that one little pin. I want to get one of those pins and see what people’s reaction is when I tell them I’m gay after screaming and shouting at me about how much of a douchebag I am, it would be pretty interesting I bet.

It’s like wearing a pin that says “Men get paid more than women, LOL SORRY WOMEN” – just a bizarre and pointless provocitation by stupid and bitter people who feel like they’re superior to others but have very little worth in finannce or intellect themselves so look for desperate ways to feel good and pacify their insecurities.