Enter your email address to receive our daily LGBT news roundup

You're free to unsubscribe at any time.

Wales: Man taken to hospital after chemical leak at gay sauna

Post your comment

Comments on this article are now closed.

Reader comments

  1. No worse than chlorine. Bunch of wusses! :)

  2. Yikes ! Never been to a sauna and don’t plan to, for me they represent a past culture of shame and sexual aparteid and I want nothing to do with it.

    However, I understand it’s hard to meet men and places like this are the only option for many people. So these establishments have a responsibility to provide a safe enviroment like any other business.

    But hey I guess if you have a thing for gas-masks you don’t have to worry !

    Mr.Pink

  3. Jetty Middelkoop, Hazmat Officer FD Amsterdam Amstelland, The Netherlands 12 Aug 2013, 4:06pm

    Bromine? I suppose the gas concerned was chlorine? These gases are chemically strongly related but certainly not the same!
    Never heard of bromine used for desinfection in pools. Normally chlorine in pools is made by mixing sodium hypochlorite and hydrochloric acid. Sometimes still, chlorine gas cylinders are used.

  4. Bromine can be in liquid form or in gas form. If bromine gas is inhaled, it can cause infertility among a list of other things. Definitely scary stuff!

  5. @Mr Pink. Who are you to judge. Guys do go there for purely social not sexual purposes too. The only thing though. It’s certainly not good news for The Greenhouse chain, which I’ve been to two venues.

These comments are un-moderated and do not necessarily represent the views of PinkNews.co.uk. If you believe that a comment is inappropriate or libellous, please contact us.

Top commenters this week

Latest stories

See all