Gay teenager kidnapped and tortured by Russian homophobes claimed to have died from injuries

1. PinkNews – you need to post the videos. That’s the only way people will sit up and listen these days.

Let the world see what’s happening.

1. I have seen the video of the boy who is shown in the first picture on top. To me there is a lot of smoke that would lead me to believe that these neo Nazis have indeed murdered these teenagers. This video I mention would not prove that. I expect they wanted to cover their tracks, I don’t know about some other videos. There are Russian snuff videos, but I don’t know if the author here has seen one and I doubt it or he would have said so.

Someone needs to investigate this story as a news story. Certainly the Russian police are not interested.

2. Please sign the following petition to the Olympic Committee re. taking a stand against Russian homophobia. The number of signatures is just short of 300,000. Your signature is needed. Please sign.

3. Look at another disgusting NEW video gay teenager tortured by Russian homophobes http://youtu.be/UD7xY6agxAE

2. If this is true… Putin has blood on his hands

3. Anti-fascist 6 Aug 2013, 12:23am

Enough is enough ! It’s time the humanists boycot Russia, which is ruled by fascist-sympathiser Putin ! Gays and immigrants are being attacked, tortured and killed by fascist gangs, and Putin is doing nothing about this !

4. Christopher 6 Aug 2013, 12:33am

This is horrific.

1. Not a Scottish monk 6 Aug 2013, 10:45am

The people carrying out these perverted attacks appear to be a group of sadistic paedophiles, forcing youngsters to carry out degrading acts. I wonder if anyone has noticed the irony of the fact that they are doing what they accuse their innocent victims of.

5. This is getting to be pretty sick! what Putin has precipitated in Russia goes beyond description.

This young man would likely still be alive and with his family and friends but for this hateful LGBT propaganda legislation.

I desperately hope that the media around the world pick this up… carry it and influence within 24 hours immediate outrage to Russia. At which time a domino effect of countries expressing outrage and withdrawing form the Olympics setting a prescient on stating foreign policy and LGBT human rights abuses.

My thoughts are with this young mans family at this sad time.

6. PN.. Turn off the “Read next Post” banner!
    (sooner than later!) as a respect to your readers.

7. It’s heart-breaking to read this.

These victims are only kids. It’s perverse of these groups, supposedly targeting paedophiles, but actually targeting 12-16 year old kids for torture and murder. They are child abusers, no better than paedophiles themselves.

Also, they identify themselves as neo-Nazi. Millions of Russians were tortured, murdered or left to die by the original Nazis.

Surely Putin and the Russian population should be disowning these groups of thugs and jailing them? If Putin is standing by and doing nothing, then he must be treated as being neo-Nazi himself by western governments.

What appears to be happening in Russia looks very similar to the treatment of gay people in Nazi Germany prior to World War II. We know how the Nazis then went on to attempt annihilation of gay people in Europe.

These atrocities happening now in Russia will only escalate if it isn’t stopped and soon.

8. there is thousands of pro-putin commentators in the russian internet who urge to imprison or kill gays. Some of those commentators are paid.

9. This is absolutely repulsive. Putin has blood on his fascist hands and the world needs to initiate an immediate boycott of all Russian products and travel stopped to Russia. I’d even be willing to call off the Olympics entirely. This is no different than what Hitler was doing when the Olympics were held in Germany in 1936. To allow them to go forward in light of these ongoing attacks against innocent gay kids is to sanction and approve of this murderous activity.

These vile, disgusting, murderers must be brought to justice. What a pity we can’t send our U.S. SEALs in to kidnap these murderers and rendition them to Guantanamo.

These putrid scumbags are truly the scum of humanity. I am sickened and outraged that this is allowed to happen, even in a worthless two-bit lawless fascist country like Russia.

1. I couldn’t agree more.
      These worthless monsters deserve a slow, painful death.

10. Russia has turned barbaric. Putin hands run red with blood!

11. I’d cut off the tips of their stupid thumbs… so at least they couldn’t make their silly gesture.

12. Russia’s state-controlled media, russian officials, paid bloggers, commentators spreaded anti-gay propaganda for 3 years. It’s one of the results along with anti-gay laws

13. Equality For All 6 Aug 2013, 6:57am

I am shocked and mortified by these horrendous acts. There should be a ban on all countries going to the lousy winter olympics in draconian Russia and leaders of countries condemning and ceasing trade and communication with this country until these attrocities are stopped.

14. Sickening, absolutely sickening. That a Western (more or less) culture allows such brutality to be publicised with impunity is beyond belief.

1. Russia is a true transcontinental country and a half-blood European country.
      But it experienced no Renaissance,no Reformation,no Enlightenment and is never truly out of Middle Age. To the Russians, happiness is transient and evil, and human being is nothing but a distorted, impotent, miserable little sinner, pursued by leering gargoyles, crawling in terror on the brink of an eternal hell.(Quote from a Soviet writer)
      I am an Asian and my country has been one of Russia’s most important alliances for many years and of course there are a lot of Putin funs around me. However, my country has ceased to throw stones on LGBT people since 1990s and so do its people. Witch-hunting seems to be long behind us and was never part of our tradition. So my conclusion is that Russia has a side that is more Asian than Asia, now I just hope it may also have a side that can be more European than EU, as it appears to have at least a few drops of blood from the ancient Greek civilization.

15. The IOC really needs to grow a pair and move the Sochi Winter Olympics elsewhere.

Russia needs to be made to realise that thier behaviour is wholy unacceptable.

16. Mihangel apYrs 6 Aug 2013, 7:29am

the media don’t care – nothing must interfere with sprot , especially us filthy queers. IOC take the monay and move on, and even a boycott by the civilised world would still leave the majoritiy of African nations going, all of the islamic ones, and may of the christian ones (esp places like Poland).

1. Mihangel, It is important for any host country that the games be seen as a success! Commercially as a payback and for pride as host, recognition around the world. If as you say the games become boycotted by the civilized world, it is unlikely they would be a commercial success! Yes people who might not normally win medals would, but would people from these countries be able to make them a commercial success? would the civilized world express it’s interest in games where they have no athletes?

If the world rains on Putin’s Olympic PR parade, saddles his country with debt and mires his country in controversy over his human rights policy, media “will” care as will the IOC because it doesn’t just affect Russia and human rights it gets recorded in history. There will be more mileage in why/how the games failed than the short term media rights and coverage. The world will be an observer and Putin can’t control what is observed and reported beyond his borders.

17. This is the new front for gay rights activism in the West: fighting strong homophobia abroad (Russia, Africa Middle East etc).

The first strategy should be to gather as much information about such abuse as possible and make sure that our governments – and those in the offending countries – are kept fully informed.

Something like the SPLC (in the US) needs to be formed; the evidence should be gathered, corroborated and shared as if it could be used in the ICHR in The Hague at some time in the future. It should also include all statements by politicians and religious leaders – to be able to demonstrate possible cause and effect. Ignorance cannot be a defence.

Is this happening already in some form – and does it need support?

The internet in particular is a great tool for such a task. Imagine if this had been possible for anti-semitism in the 1930s in Germany and across Europe.

18. Sitting in my office and crying my eyes out. Why? just why? This is horific and so upseting.
    My goodness where will this people end up? I already boycoted aything russian including cancelling my holiday, ut it is nothing compared to what these gay uys are going through.
    I’m so upset and can’t stop crying.

19. Chester666666 6 Aug 2013, 8:21am

RIP
    Putin and homophobes anywhere are homophobic scum

20. Please don’t just express your frustration and anger on this site, where you are doubtless preaching to the converted. DO SOMETHING! I have forwarded the article with my comments to my MP. Make people aware of this.

1. I have just done the same to my MP too Cal, good suggestion.

2. Robert in S. Kensington 6 Aug 2013, 12:04pm

Me too, thanks Cal. We all should.

3. A speedy reply

Dear Cal,
      Thank you for your email regarding the passing of anti-homosexual legislation in Russia. It will come as no surprise, bearing in mind my work on same-sex marriage, that I am deeply disturbed by the laws that have been passed. These actions clearly constitute a ramping up of repressive measures against the gay community which is very worrying. As you will know from the article you sent me, the leader of my party, Nick Clegg, has already spoken out on this issue, condemning the actions of the Russian government.
      I have been written to about this issue by a number of constituents and I have already written to the Foreign Secretary, William Hague. Please find attached a copy of my letter for your information.
      I will of course get back to you as soon as I receive a response. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to get back in touch if I can be of further assistance on this or any other matter.
      Kind regards,
      Lynne Featherstone MP

1. Yes, that was a quick response and thankfully she has already written to William Hague – hopefully we’ll be aware of his view on this v.soon and more importantly, his intentions.

You’re lucky having Lynne Featherstone as your MP. My MP would support the law in Russia – seriously!

21. Putin and indeed the entire Russian Government have the blood of so many young lives on their hands now.

They are clearly allowing mob rule and have no regards for the victims of these attacks.

These are crimes against humanity, Putin and Co need to arrested and charged for these crimes and face the appropriate consequences. Sadly though, this is very unlikely to happen

22. dorsetbob 6 Aug 2013, 9:15am

Sickening. Stoney silence from Patriach Kirill. It would only take a word from him to stop this outrage. Disgusting

1. GulliverUK 6 Aug 2013, 10:07am

He instigated it I’m sure, so no chance of him wanting to stop it. Not only have they gone after the LGBT community, but all Russians. They have a new law “Punishing Those Who Offend Religious People”

When people in Russia fully understand the magnitude of these laws I’m fairly sure there will be a massive backlash, against Putin and the Russian Orthodox church, especially when they find themselves being further isolated and their products boycotted. And that may be exactly what Putin is engineering, re-establishing the cold war mentally between Russia and the west, so they seem him as some hero, defending Russia from attack.

23. Officer Dribble 6 Aug 2013, 9:20am

This is very close to state-sponsored murder.

24. And the Russian authorities do nothing? Scum.

25. GulliverUK 6 Aug 2013, 9:59am

You can help by making sure you have signed this petition, and get others to sign

although I honestly now think it’s not a case of securing assurances during the Olympics (as a first stage), but to boycotting any sponsor of the Olympics, worldwide, and forcing the IOC to cancel or move it. We should urge our government to issue travel bans for all Russian government officials. Panasonic, Samsung, McDonalds, VISA, etc., … we should consider a massive boycott of anyone promoting / sponsoring the games. They have spent a fortune on these games – Russia and the game sponsors won’t want to see themselves disgraced on the world stage.

We must take this to the next level. They’ve got to be forced to clean up their act, protect fundamental rights, and send a signal to other countries thinking about such homophobic bans that it won’t be tolerated. Still not seeing it on news channels, although I think ITV gave it about 1 min.

1. keith. the eventual winner 6 Aug 2013, 10:21am

So you are all for the promotion of non traditional relationships to minors then?
      You have no problem with consensual adult incest (legal in Russia) being promoted to minors as this is what the law is trying to prevent. Homosexuality is just one of a large list of non traditional relationships the law is seeking to protect minors from. Homosexuality is a voluntary departure from the birth state (heterosexuality) caused by devian’t influence and media exposure.Just as nobody is born with a paedophile, nobody is born homosexual. Homosexuality is dfrowned on and viewed as disgusting by billions. Heterosexuality is universally accepted as normal and natural. This is the argument for preventing the propaganda of homosexual and other non traditional relationships.

1. Commander Thor 6 Aug 2013, 11:50am

We wouldn’t lock them up or torture them – that’s the difference between a civilised society and a dictatorship. In a civilised society, they are allowed to campaign.

But I guess that doesn’t make any sense to you…go sniff some poop.

26. To echo Gulliver’s urging above, please sign the following petition to the Olympic Committee re. taking a stand against Russian homophobia.

27. GulliverUK 6 Aug 2013, 10:46am

In the UK it looks like there are 16 towns and cities which are twinned with Russian places.

We should be asking the Mayor of London to severe this twinning, but there are also plenty of London boroughs which are also twinned. This is something we can do here in the UK.

1. GulliverUK 6 Aug 2013, 11:00am

Boris Johnson and the GLA: End the “Twinned City” link between London and Moscow http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/boris-johnson-and-the-gla-end-the-twinned-city-link-between-london-and-moscow #lgbt < needs 175 more signitures

Note that Milan already suspended its twin city status with Moscow. If Milan can do it, so can London. Suspending it may be the best way as it provides a carrot – get rid of the anti-gay laws and twin city status will be restored.

28. Beelzeebub 6 Aug 2013, 11:28am

F\/ck off d!ckhead. Show some humanity…

They are starting to arrest trolls you know.

29. The logic consequence of these laws and the anti-gay sentiment in the population. It is nazi germany all over again, the concentration camps are not far away if we can’t stop them!

30. Commander Thor 6 Aug 2013, 11:49am

But I guess that doesn’t make any sense to you…go sniff some poop.

31. keith. the eventual winner 6 Aug 2013, 12:01pm

So you lot are all for the promotion of non traditional relationships to minors then?
    You have no problem with consensual adult incest (legal in Russia) being promoted to minors as this is what the law is trying to prevent. Homosexuality is just one of a large list of non traditional relationships the law is seeking to protect minors from. Homosexuality is a voluntary departure from the birth state (heterosexuality) caused by devian’t influence and media exposure.Just as nobody is born with a paedophile, nobody is born homosexual. Homosexuality is frowned on and viewed as disgusting by billions. Heterosexuality is universally accepted as normal and natural. This is the argument for preventing the propaganda of homosexual and other non traditional relationships.

1. *with extreme patience*

No, pet, we’re concentrating on a distressing story of horrific treatment of young people in Russia. Please try to understand that no-one else here appears to be interested in speculating about incest or “traditional” relationships and just bugger off, there’s a good little troll.

2. You are a sick human being if you can dismiss the blatant evidence of abuse and murder in Russia as a direct result of the legalized oppression of gay people then claim that those victims are trying to promote incest, etc.
      God has a special place in Hell for you and your inhuman attitude.

3. Commander Thor 6 Aug 2013, 4:37pm

But I guess that doesn’t make any sense to you…go sniff some poop.

32. GulliverUK 6 Aug 2013, 12:26pm

Your constant spamming and homophobia amounts to harassment, and as such if it continues I won’t hesitate to make a formal complaint to the UK metropolitan police. Enough is enough Keith.

The police will get your IP address linking back to your ISP from Pinknews, which is recorded every time you access the site and post, and the police can then find out your location. My IP address links directly back to my home address, so does yours.

If you are in the UK you should know that the police will come for you, and if you’re in another country your ISP will block your access. You want to be questioned by the police for a day? You want to face being charged? Some people are already in jail for this sort of behavior.

You think I’m joking? Just carry on and see what happens. If PN won’t stop you I will.

1. Gulliver, you’re just giving Keith the Perpetual Loser exactly the sort of attention he so desperately craves.

In any event, the funny little fellow is cowering in some dark, deprived part of the USA.

1. GulliverUK 6 Aug 2013, 1:38pm

Rehan, I have previously contact the FBI and pointed out people who have posted death threats on facebook and elsewhere. It’s very little trouble to me. And Pinknews can simple trace his IP back to the ISP and then fill in an abuse form requesting his access be terminated. They only have to whois on the IP and it will tell you what country, and which company / ISP it’s allowed to. The ISP know exactly what port that is connected to, and those ports track back to physical locations.

I’m not giving him oxygen, I’m giving him a chance to run :-p

1. yeh thats yours dude!

2. Commander Thor 6 Aug 2013, 4:35pm

But I guess that doesn’t make any sense to you…go sniff some poop.

3. We have a limp wristed keyboard warrior!

Keith, are you actually beginning to see your reflection in the mirror as it is? Can you cope, my poor wee thing? I worry for you, really I do.

4. Sorry pal. I’m not gonna give it to you unless you ask nicely.

33. I live in Singapore any I will boycott all things Russian! Russia has become a savage, backward nation!

34. Why not concentrate on the “ungodliness” of your own country before you stick your intellectual-pygmy nose where it doesn’t belong, this website for instance?

Still, you just can’t keep away, can you Keithy-poo?

35. When the law first passed I said to several people I know that Russia would now become a very dangerous place and minorities would be attacked in large numbers.

What many don’t understand is that homophobia is rife in Russia, all throughout the military, all throughout the police, all throughout regional governments. It’s not an underestimation to believe that they will be covering up hate crimes, even assisting these Nazi gangs, and the police refusing to intervene in assaults and murders.

We really are looking at something extremely serious here, and our governments are ignoring it.

I fully expect that in the coming months we will see evidence of widespread torture, mass killings, and people fleeing the country to seek asylum elsewhere.

1. I totally agree with your post. What is really alarming is that here in the west, there is virtually no news coverage about this. It is almost as though something terrible is happening and nobody is aware.

We must do something to highlight the suffering of LGBT people in Russia so that our politicians can use their influence.

1. No coverage of this on the bbc,that im aware of!!

36. You know nothing about Britain, nothing at all.

37. Come on Western leaders, make it clear to Putin that this is equal to Hitler’s murdering of gays in concentration camps. Or is your deal with Russian gas to overheat malls and homes more important to the lives of gay men and women who contribute in every sphere of modern economies ?

38. And I quote
    Jill Knight on gays: “They’re very good at things like antiques”.

Nuff said really.

39. Keith has once again proven he is beneath human and a contemptible animal. Well done Keith.

1. GulliverUK 6 Aug 2013, 3:34pm

very creative storyboard

40. Commander Thor 6 Aug 2013, 4:37pm

But I guess that doesn’t make any sense to you…go sniff some poop.

41. Kelvin Hanratty 6 Aug 2013, 5:22pm

RIP my sisters & brothers. For those that have, are or will be targeted, I send you my love. You are precious, never forget that. Don’t let them extinguish that inner flame – burn bright, burn strong. <3

42. joe szell 6 Aug 2013, 9:25pm

why in the world would athleted go to Russia to be insulted, beaten and generally treated in the most horrible manner? cancel the most expensive (by twice) and graft riddled Olympics in history! it will probably save the life of many talented participants. there is no way to stop a mob from their mania. this is a disgrace to the modern world.

43. Wish BBC news would actually broadcast some of this on their news channel,instead of focusing on uk politics all the time!!!

44. Toni Manifesto 6 Aug 2013, 9:48pm

The Irish Government should make things difficult for the Russians here and in every EU country they have influence in.

45. I hope the Olympics happens elsewhere.

How on Earth could any athlete allow themselves to compete in a place like that?

HOW CAN YOU?

46. This is so wrong they are so backwards and for a leader to back this knowing that other countries are accepting its not a bloody choice and to just get on with life not caring about the colour or sex or orientation to think theres still closed minded sad people out there well i say let them we will stand tall and be the ones to turn the other cheek.

47. Marcelo Elias 9 Aug 2013, 12:30am

My country. Brazil, has approved gay marriage, and our situation, as gays, has improved enormously over the last two decades. From a gay perspective, Brazil is unrecognizable today. I am 27 and remember very well how the country used to be, but I don’t allow our victories to fool me, since, as these sad facts about the violence faced by the gays of the east prove, the LGBT people can not rely on their fellow countrymen.

The lack of interest of the hetero media, the hetero activists and the hetero politicians just prove that gays can only rely on other gays. There are heterosexuals who are our friends, I do love them and want them around, but they are in a very reduced number. We live in many countries but form one nation.

I believe that it is our moral obligation to help gays from east Europe, Middle East, Africa, Jamaica and Suriname to improve, since over there they can’t even protest without being violently repressed and brutalized.

We have to figure out how to help them .

48. I hope these articles and videos aren’t true; things are hard to prove in a closed country that controls the police and the media. But if they are true, I wish we could get the major TV shows like 20/20 and Dateline to report on them. Otherwise non-gays will just never really know about them

49. There is a lot of mischief in Russia with fake issues. In fact many of the reports are exaggerated or entirely false. Where is the follow-up?

50. Russia legislates this and Putin supports so why refer to them as Nazi when they are Russians. Not minority but the national policy. Even in Savramento it was the Russian evangelicals who protested gay events. Calling them Nazi excuses their behavior. They are Russians plain and simple except in Sacramento they are Russian churchgoers but still hateful

51. Look at another disgusting NEW video gay teenager tortured by Russian homophobes http://youtu.be/UD7xY6agxAE

52. we are trying to find a boy who got bullied and harassed by russian teens in a video on the internet.
    please visit our page.
    maybe we can help.

53. That poor man, my heart goes out to him and his family and friends. I hope whoever did these things at some point understands the full horror of what they did to another living, breathing, feeling person, and the same goes for anyone else ‘indirectly’ involved. Personally i would agree with the boycotting of the games, and i would strongly advise anyone likely to be picked on not to travel to Russia for them if they do go ahead.