Harry Styles: ‘I’m pretty sure I’m not bisexual’

1. Needs more gay sex to be sure.

1. Ugh. Don’t do that, even as a joke. “You just haven’t met the right woman.” “She’s not a lesbian – she just needs the D.” Please, let’s not play that game.

2. I really do not see why people have put this bloke on such a pedestal?

I personally do not think that he is good looking and for me, he is way too young.

But so what it he was bisexual.

1. Commander Thor 30 Jul 2013, 11:49am

Maybe there are younger people out there in the world? It’s easy to forget I guess…

2. I didn’t even know he was on a pedestal in the first place, since I don’t think I’d ever heard of him. Who is he?

1. A member of a popular beat combo, m’lud.

1. Oh, like those Beatles chappies?

1. Nah the Beatles where talented and could play and write their own music………….

2. No wonder people say everything went downhill after techno and house.

3. James Sutherland-Harper 30 Jul 2013, 11:57am

Journalists need to stop asking questions in which they already know the answer to.

At the same time Mr. Styles needs to lighten up a bit… sounds very uptight and serious.

4. My comment seems to have mysteriously vanished, so I’ll say it again. Claiming that the guy just needs more gay sex is no better than the straight people who claim we’re not really gay/lesbian – we just haven’t tried the right set of magical hetero genitals. Even said as a joke, you risk invoking Poe’s Law.

1. Oh, and now it reappears. Damn you, Internet.

5. Not bisexual. I guess that leaves two other possibilities. :-)

(Not that I have the faintest idea who this lad is)

6. keith francis farrell 30 Jul 2013, 1:01pm

I am more than will to explore sex with him, If my husband will let me. hehehehe He is cute and has a nice body. just hope he has the personality to go with the package.
    Nice that we can say things like that when we get older, knowing we don’t have a chance.

1. Still creepy though.

1. Rudehamster 1 Aug 2013, 3:43pm

Another silly comment…’creepy’ is just a stupid thing to say. Let me guess B, you’re a teenager? Early twenties?
        An older guy making comment about a younger guy is NOT ‘creepy’, you sanctamonious twit. It’s as natural as anyone making comment.

You’ll be older sooner than you think, or you’d like. I hope someone will be there to remind you that you’re every comment and appearance on the internet is ‘creepy’.

7. .....Paddyswurds 30 Jul 2013, 1:04pm

Those claiming that they have no idea who Harry Styles of One Direction is, are either lying for some unknown reason or worse they never watch telly or read any news papers. This lad is rarely out of either media for the last three years since his band won xfactor and has been to the top of the pop charts at least once, maybe more…. I’m 62 and have no problem saying I know exactly who he is. My constant assertion that a lot of people go through life with their heads up their own ars*s is born out by these claims and it also confirms what is thought of Gay youth, airheads who are completely unaware of the world around them…. Wishful thinking that Harry is gay or bi won’t make it so. Leave the lad alone; his sexuality is his own business….

1. .....Paddyswurds 30 Jul 2013, 1:06pm

oops … borne**

2. I know who he is but I wish that I didn’t. I have nothing against him personally, he’s just a young guy enjoying his fame but let’s be honest, the music is fúcking awful. I blame Simon Cowell, a greedy, publicity-seeking tosser who has polluted our airwaves with manufactured drivel.

Of course not all young people are airheads, I’m young myself and I can tell you that not every person under 30 likes manufactured pop.

And no, I don’t give a fiddler’s fúck about his sexuality.

3. Oddly enough it’s perfectly possible to watch TV and read papers and be wholly – and fortunately – ignorant of boybandistas who have little reason to be considered ‘famous’ and who’ll be unknown in 5 years’ time.

1. .....Paddyswurds 31 Jul 2013, 9:32am

I don’t know what paper, broadsheet or red top rag you read but they are all over all of them There lots more to newspapers than the sports pages..same with telly. their music obviously appeals to pre teens and others because they are raking in the dosh by the cart load and good luck to them At least they aren’t drug addled thugs like a lot of the so called artists polluting the airwaves……They are already worth £15 million each and counting, so oblivion in 5 years won’t be no great wrench. BTW what moron marked down my typo correction?. Grow up!

1. Bless you for thinking I don’t know about boybands because I read the sports pages, nothing could be more unlikely. It’s simply that I have little interest in [pre-]teen pop, and their money-making capacity is surely irrelevant: if anyone sees that as a guarantee of quality, I pity them.

1. .....Paddyswurds 1 Aug 2013, 12:00am

That is not my point. If you are reading a paper how can you skip over particular stories without at very least observing the headline …not possible or else you are tunnel visioned They are constantly on the Telly. The Irish kid Niall Horan in the band is constantly in the papers here. We appreciate success here in Ireland maybe that is what is wrong or different between our two islands. They have even been hugely successful in the US. I just find it hard to believe you have never heard of them. You do know don’t you that the Queens name is Elizabeth or that France is now a republic and that men have walked on the moon? Their following is way more than pre teen Women love them and one of the boys is hugely into older women and has been linked to even 50 year olds. What a boring life you must lead if you are so ignorant of popular culture. I am glad to say I am as with it today as I was when I was a 19 year old… and I am in no way ashamed of admitting that!

2. You should be, especially of using the phrase ‘with it’, which conclusively proves you’re not. :-P

I’m afraid there’s way too much in the papers I read to be able to focus on what may or may not interest teens or cougars. I expect you’ve heard of Benjamin Grosvenor as he’s become a bit of a media cause, but have you heard of Mark Elder, Susan Graham, Juan Diego Florez, Renée Fleming or Anna Netrebko, to name just a few other musicians who’ve been in the papers recently? Do you really have time to read about these people (who have large and devoted followings) while determinedly pursuing popular culture?

3. .....Paddyswurds 1 Aug 2013, 10:05pm

… while I consider myself to be “with it 2 as far apop culture goes, I’m not creepy enough to start speaking the lingo so “with it” was the lingo in my youth and i have no problem applying it to todays culture….. an I am not ashamed of it either…………..

8. This is news!? That someone is pretty sure that they’re probably straight!? Dear me.

9. Oh lawd, who cares? I don’t get where this obsession with pre-teen boy bands have come from. Does the LGBT community actually like these bands? I’ve yet to meet an adult LGBT or otherwise who actually likes or cares about this bands music/sex life.

Can you please focus on actual LGBT musicians, considering we have a tough time getting exposure and promotion anywhere?

Mr. Pink

1. .....Paddyswurds 1 Aug 2013, 12:05am

Appreciating handsome young men is nothing to be ashamed of. You don’t have to be a perve to appreciate the beauty that is all around us just as I and my peers were appreciated when we were young and beautiful

1. Yeah, but they’re basically children. When I look at him I see a child. Much rather they focus on other LGBT artists like Frank Ocean or something.

99% of this bands fanbase are teenage girls anyway so why are they being marketed to us?

The X factory has totally destroyed pop music for me. it silenced innovation and gave the entire spotlight to mediocre corporate puppets throughout the entire last decade.

I hate you Simon Cowell, you destroyed musicianship.

Mr. Pink

2. Godric Godricson 1 Aug 2013, 10:01am

No idea who he is and I’m glad about that fact

10. Who cares really. He is just a kid who is part of a manufactured boy group. I don’t get why people think he is attractive, I don’t think he is, all fake looking and air headed.

11. I know I am not bisexual :-D.

12. FcukYouPutin 31 Jul 2013, 1:07pm

Interesting. I’d certainly like to know how Harry Styles figures he’s not bisexual when he pretty much seems open about gunning for peen on his Twitter, concerts and candid actions. I can’t have imagined this for the past few yearsor is he a split-personality. The GQ persona comes across as different from his Twitter and candid persona. But hey, we’re in the land of mass marketing at 14 year olds girls who buy One D perfume and dolls, 3D movies and endless tours, plus 2 albums in a year. Kerching!

For Harry Styles to say he was unaware of rumours is just nope land. I witnessed people openly tweeting him and Grimshaw directly about ‘shagging’ and ‘dating’, the national newspapers having fun with innuendo on the two and and Grimshaw himself referencing gossip using different tactics on his Radio shows. To assume Harry Styles is that naive and unsavvy probably means you are way more naive than he. I give him a tad more credit.

13. James Savik 1 Aug 2013, 12:34am

give it a roll laddie.

I’m pretty sure you would be goods at it.

14. He’s basically still a kid. Give him a break.