Archbishop Tutu: South Africa must reject homophobic discrimination

1. Jock S. Trap 26 Jul 2013, 2:50pm

The one man in religion I admire and respect so much because he makes and talks such sense.

He knows hatred is wrong and stands up for all those affected.

Archbishop Tutu is above religion and he is a true inspiration. If there ever was a need for ‘Saints’ Archbishop Desmond Tutu would be it!

1. Marcwebbo3 26 Jul 2013, 4:29pm

Totally agree with you Jock….he is a wonderful man who I have liked and respected for many years….the only other I have time for is the Right Reverend Stephen Lewis although I think he has retired now which is a shame….not sure if people here will have heard of him

1. Marcwebbo3 27 Jul 2013, 8:39am

OOPS mean Stephen Lowe

2. now that you wrote exactly what I was going to write, I don’t even need to!

2. I adore Demond Tutu. .
    The smallest actions can have great impact – I remember reading Mr. Tutu as a child saw a white man tip his hat to his black mother, something that was NEVER, EVER done in those days.

It had such a profound effect on him to see, that it broke the revenge cycle of race relations for him, and allowed him to go on to help Mr. Mandela ease tensions in South Africa. Who’d have thought a white man tipping his hat to a black woman would go on to effect all of South Africa, 30 or 40 years later?

Many people around the world respect and admire Mr. Tutu and his support will prove invaluable. Thank you SO much Mr. Tutu!!!
    Love Conquers Hate
    Mr. Pink

3. RJ Abada OFM 26 Jul 2013, 3:14pm

i love archbishop Tutu

4. John in Toronto Canada 26 Jul 2013, 3:15pm

May his words shine light on the vast dark ignorance of many.

5. Helge Vladimir Tiller 26 Jul 2013, 3:19pm

If only other Christians could be like him. And the beautiful fact : He has been like this for several years ! He has milions of fans all around the world. HE is a mega star, shining for me and you-

6. I also like this guy not just because he is more accepting of gay people he just speaks sense

7. Desmond Tutu is equal at himself. thank you to be who you are.

8. Robert in S. Kensington 26 Jul 2013, 3:44pm

A beautiful man who puts Welby and Sentamu to shame. You’ll never hear them take such a stand. If only he could have been the Archbishop of Canterbury, not Welby, in fact none of that hateful hierarchy.

9. A force for good in a religously-inspired homophobic world. Don’t mess with my TuTu.

10. I wish Archbishop Tutu would travel the world promoting his message and take on the Anglican establishment. Even the Vatican would have to be careful taking on such a prominent and influential minister of religion.

I also love the way this man laughs.

11. One of the last great people of integrity

12. Susan Purcell 29 Jul 2013, 7:26am

Thank you, Bishop Tutu, for supporting gay rights all along, even before there was much other support out there. You are awesome.